Is it a feeling or is the community uninterested in the game or the latest DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, May 1, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Sorry, I was being flippant

But yes, I agree with there being an increased level of dissatisfaction as this is what I feel in that content. Top 3 DLCs for me lol

Speaking for only myself, there isn't any reward appealing enough for me to run omnibus. Most all of this is stuff I don't want or need. I just want what will make me stronger and more powerful than I am now. Such a reward is only good for the top 3 DLCs.... only.

Anyways, sorry for being flippant. I didn't mean to rile you to anger.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, you didn't rile me to anger, I hope that didn't seem the case from my post lol :D

No I merely saw your flippant comment as a segue to comment on that omnibus issue as well ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. GermanM Committed Player

22? Holy mother of god, i just have 3 and i feel i cant xD
    • Like x 2
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Well im a little tired, im just doing the street missions and if someone of my league call me, duo and alert, if not, log out and see you tomorrow...
    • Like x 2
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'm enjoying it fine and doing the dailies on all 3 of my mains each day, but I haven't been on nearly as much and it's been much later that I do get on the last few days because I have finals going on rn. I'm sure I'm not the only one, especially for the US servers. Plus, as others have pointed out, a lot of people are quite tired of Metal related content and really just Batman content in general and more looking forward to the game mixing it up some and doing more non-Bat-centric stuff once this episode and the arc it's the finale to are done. Like.... even I kinda feel that way and I'm VERY Batfamily obsessed. Like, at least branch it out to other members of the Batfamily if you really must give us a bunch of Bat-centric content! It's like 99% Bruce and even when it does occasionally go to other Batfamily members it's ALWAYS Dick and sometimes Tim OR Damian (but never both). It being the same few characters every time even when it isn't Bruce himself definitely makes it that much worse. Like... Cass/Batgirl hasn't been used in forever even when BOP was released and she's one of the main and earliest members of BOP. At least make use of Batfamily that isn't just Bruce and the occasional Robin (though Jason is still the only Robin not in the game at all apart from his style set for whatever reason, aside from Steph or Carrie, I mean). He really needs a breather. Wonder Woman only just started getting some real attention and Superman has been oddly sidelined for quite a bit apart from BOP. Lex is doing fine, Joker's got enough attention just in general so I don't really care so much about him, but Circe could definitely use some love. And that's just the mentors. Since we have Jaime's Blue Beetle set coming soon, it'd be great to see him be part of some kind of episode, whether it's about him specifically or just like a group/team he's part of like the Teen Titans, but I think it'd be fun to specifically focus on him and the Reech (and maybe have Bart/Kid Flash along for it so we can see them be buds together like they are in Young Justice, that'd be adorable. Maybe a Lantern related episode, could explore what the UV Lantern Corps and Sinestro being part of it really means for all the other Lanterns. Or have Blackfire show up and start bothering Starfire. I would sell my soul for a Nightwing and Flamebird of Kandor episode (or even just an episode within Kandor and with Kandor as the open world just in general). Could even do an Identity Crisis or Titans of Tomorrow or Fifty-Two or Young Justice (as in the '98 comic series, they can't do the show, but the comics it got its name from could be fun for DCUO content) or so on episode.

So basically, it's not so much about the episode, as in the individual episode, itself as general circumstance and timing. A lot of people definitely are just letting it run its course so they can move on from all the oversaturation of Bat-content. LMAO. Or they're just busy like me with finals or Summer vacations or whatever else.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

All cool ideas, but.

Unfortunately, why do I get the feeling the next DLC is Black Adam/Shazam focused and that the open world is the Kahndaq raid. :(
    • Like x 4
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's every new episode over the past 5 years or so. The missions are the same and the rewards are crap not to mention you have to pay double for any decent gear. All about buying replay badges. Doesn't matter if you give this game $15 every month, they still want more.
    • Like x 3
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Meh. Feels like an extension of the previous episode. It’s boring. Dark robins are just lame and creepy. More expensive vendor gear. More crap to gather. Bleh. I barely log in just to claim the daily reward, much less the free mark.

Open world is meh. Duo is cakewalk. Alert is high healthapalooza on all the bosses. Raid is mechanical hell! So many flippin overlaps, oh go grab your spirit stuff, and laser beams, planet drops, fire spawns, eye beam boom boom, red spots, and dead. It’s like that trigon raid where too many mechanics went off simultaneously. Good god devs, Deja vu!

Op gear grind is lame. Leveling augments is still lame. It’s all lame.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

And better yet, they doubled down on them and increased the levels.
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah I largely don't care much for the Dark Robins, either, aside from a minor soft spot I have for them just for occasionally being wholly unintentional comedy gold when someone has the henchmen of them and they're out when a cutscene hits and you just randomly see them run into and out of frame lmao. I also find myself not really caring about any of the Dark Knights or even being able to keep them straight except for the Drowned and that's mostly just because she's really hot. I do find a lot of their concepts interesting but something about them just isn't doing it for me. Some of their designs don't really help, either.....
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

A Can't Wait For That Honestly Its Going To Be AWESOME
    Its Going To Be So Refreshing & Exciting Hope They Do Real Good Work On That Episode

I'm A Bit Of History Buff So If We Go To Kahndaq Egypt I'm Going To Lose It
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Every episode stuff gets inflated more and more. Augment levels. Origin levels. Gear levels. Price amounts. Op gear levels. Mats needed, Etc. it’s not the simple grind it once was of easily leveling something up. Look at the head augment levels, titans was like 600k iirc and now it’s way over 10m+ just to max it out. Cheesus Krice. Why do we get burnt out? Hmm. One reason is the inflation. So many feats they keep adding too. Some dlcs 8 years ago maybe had 20 feats and now it’s a damn book of feats to scroll thru per episode. Now I’m just ranting
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Haha and to top it off the feats are always virtually the same every time and repeated at every difficulty level.

Feat 1 - Never stand in red stuff
    Feat 2 - Do stand in red stuff
    Feat 3 - Kill this boss first then that boss then the other boss, then that side boss
    Feat 4 - Kill this bounty 100 times
    Feat 5 - Never die
    Feat 6 - Never die, but we made it harder
    Feat 7 - Never die, but we made it even harder
    Feat 8 - Never die, but we made it so hard, you have to cheese it.
    • Like x 5
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I don't think I'm burnt out on this DLC... Yet. But I'm worried I'll probably be checking out mentally by June or late May if we don't get some newer content sooner. I'm with a lot of you I'm not a big fan of the Metal stuff so I'm glad we're done with it now (for now?). I do agree it's troublesome that it's hard to use Alts because of all the stuff you can't get on them like your Main toon. Originally I thought Allies were grindy than Artifacts. Now I'm kinda thinking the opposite. Although arts are more needed in Endgame content than Allies are at the moment. One thing I'm really not digging is the new open world map of Death Metal Washington. It's just ugly (for plot reasons I know) which contradicts the Doomed Washington we had before which I thought was really lovely to spend time in. Now I just want to get my dailies done and skidaddle outta there. But Spring event the stuff looks good and we got Summer to look forward to and hopefully eventually the new seasonal or event and maybe Survival Mode so I'm being optimistic. Don't forget 2023 will be DCUO's best year yet so I'm hopeful.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The animal ears, may very well just save this game :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You let your sub lapse yet? I tell you.... it's liberating.
    • Like x 1
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

1. Too much Metal, as many people have noted. I'd add Too much Lex, Too much Batman, Too much D.C. Map, and basically too much too much.

2. Double Augment XP (*especially Adaptive Augment XP*) in the second week of a DLC is just an incredibly bad idea. The Broker has gone batshit - at a time (Resurgence Capsule) when it traditionally goes absolutely apeshit anyway. I really can't see how this is going to help the longevity of the Episode, ESPECIALLY as we move into the quiet Summer months. Personally, I feel this would have been better timed another 3-6 weeks down the line.

3. See above. Some people are grinding to sell, some people are grinding to complete. Either way, I doubt they will be back in a hurry.

4. This right after another "do this now or miss out" grind grind grind Bonus Week in LPVE. I'd hope that whoever decides on what is the Bonus each week considers interleaving intense weeks with relaxed weeks. Please?

In point of fact - why can't we interleave Episode arcs too - like the game used to? I feel this Episode would have been much better received after a break - maybe during the Winter, leading into the Anniversary Event in 2023 - with some unrelated content in the meantime.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, nah I'm trapped by number active characters I'm running and I still use a lot of the destiny tokens and things on seals etc.

A membership it is not though, as I said it's a "cheaper than otherwise, purchased pre paid monthly transaction".

I'd be lying if I didn't say I hadn't given it serious thought though as to consolidating characters and ditching it.

Given how rabidly pro membership I've been in the past and at risk of being slightly egotistical, if I were to ditch my sub I think you'd know then for sure the devs have made some rather massive membership mistakes.
    • Like x 1