Question for the community....why not do what the imp says?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you basically squat for this part of the alert? Gotcha. I think I've seen you in my old stabilizer runs....cause you know....it wasn't needed that you participate.

I actually agree...I think a puzzle room like this is dumb unless non-participation means a wipe or severe damage...but of course for the fact that it's also glitchy and you'd get a lot of wipes through no fault of the players...which is more frustrating for sure.

BTW...I didn't place blame on anyone....I asked a question. You gave a valid answer though....you'd rather not be bothered playing the game while you are texting. Fair enough.
    • Like x 4
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

oh, yeah. " where the hell's "cower"??? I can't find "cower!" stoopid bloody game! " man, did I feel like a lemon! in my defence, I am an idiot.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Those loadout symbols are pretty bad to be fair. I had to find out which one was which through trial and error. Thank goodness you can survive a wrong answer in normal. But now I have them memorised and I always get the right one, unless I zone out when the order is given.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I've legit had bad lag issues since last week and although it's been better this week one time I was still frozen on the cutscenes that I missed the whole Mxy dances which cost my groupmates cause we didn't have a Healer and someone got KOed. I apologized to the group and even though we were PUG players they were patient thankfully. So to answer your questions... HECK NO I WON'T DANCE CAUSE SOME IMP SAYS SO!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol what a defensive response filled with baseless accusations. Take a breath champ and remember that we are discussing a video game. Try to save that energy for real life issues.

In response to your silly accusations, I said “heck I’ve sent a quick text during that section of the alert” which clearly implies I’ve done so a single time. But the point since it clearly went over your head is that if someone misses a turn of Simon Says, it doesn’t hinder or slow down the team in any way so why complain about people missing their turns, especially when you said in this very thread that they play every other section of the alert when they’re actually needed…

So what’s the point of this thread besides trying to call out players on how they play? Clearly the answer is going to be very different depending on the player so it’s just a waste of time. A constructive post would have asked the devs to make the mechanics more meaningful to the progress of the content so players are less inclined to ignore said mechanic.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It wasn't defensive...it was snarky, sarcastic even...as was your reply (or that's how I read it). 'blame the devs' for making it so people can ignore a part of the alert. While I agree that's maybe a final solution, I fail to see how that invalidates the question.

And it was still just a question....I got some answers, all valid. Lag, glitch, confusion, distraction, texting....whatever. I'd say those are all reasons...although I'd also guess The Loraxs was more accurate than all of those.

However I will be following it up with a post titled "Mxy says....If you don't dance....you DIE" where I'll suggest a one shot for messing up the mechanic....that sounds much more interesting. I'll get on that tomorrow.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

all you have to do to avoid damage is hit the emote a second time. if its cooling down your safe, if it's not you take damage.

whats funny is I queued in on the event version on a low tiered alt and only having three options (which sounds easier) totally messed me up.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

I honestly had no sarcasm or any other sort of malicious intent in my original post (the follow up to your reply is a different story). I was genuinely curious as to what you wanted to accomplish with the post and suggested asking the devs to make the mechanics meaningful to complete content if your goal is to have players do mechanics.

I never even remotely suggested blaming the devs, like I said I suggested that you ask them to make changes to mechanics in future content. I just said blaming players is silly.

Clearly when they designed this piece of non-elite content, they decided to make Simon Says optional/irrelevant outside of the single run when you get the feat. That’s why I was curious as to why it bothers you when players skip their turns since it does not affect your play or your time in the alert.

Seriously, when I’m healing this alert I genuinely like when people miss their turn so I have to heal them and actually have something to do at such a boring/lackluster section of the alert.

I have no patience for players who sit in event content or seasonals to get carried and waste other’s time but this specific case of skipping your turn in Simon Says doesn’t bother me in the slightest because it’s not carrying people and it’s not wasting my time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry if I mis read your response. I do like dropping a sarcasm bomb a bit too quickly....but I didn't feel attacked or anything.

It was an honest question, which got a few honest answers. I used to ask the same thing directly to the stabilizers squatters...originally to have something to do while I was 'wasting' their time not finishing....then later just because I had no idea how it paid off for them when so many would rather sit there vs just finishing it. I get falling asleep...I get AFK farming...but so many would actually be active(at least enough to avoid going 'away')...it honestly mistifyed me as to why they'd do it.

Personally I dislike the whole Mxy bit, but I do press the button each time and play the dice game properly, as to either A) not biff anyone's feat....if they needed it and B) cause I don't feel like potentially getting knocked out by a silly mechanic. I agreed some meaningful response to failure would be better, but also agree it might cause more problems than it's worth to add it.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

What is the fourth option? I've only seen cower, beg, and dance in both normal and event, but I only started playing the normal version this week.
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Laugh is the 4th option
    • Like x 1
  12. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I guess people do not see or read.
    It literally says what to do right on the screen.

Weird.....
    • Like x 2
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

If you're relying on pugs to do feats.... /wary. :oops::rolleyes:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

It's like wanting a NFT. You know it's a data point, isolated, alone and useless in time and now. Yet some see it as a... members only jacket. Which for some animal brain/social conditioning makes them think it has value. Anyone can place value on anything, that does not give it value to us all. Let's go. ....away from that nonsense? oh wait, social media apps, we're fracked. conditioning enhanced. [IMG]

pandemic.... i can feel for the need for space... if sustained for an adequate time could choke off the spread, which is the intent. Just wish they called it a shot, and not a vaccine. It's bad marketing. People have expectations with a vaccine, like prior vaccines.

nobody expects the p[artnering with Thernanos, except the ones that vet the characters their puggin with via inspection at beginning. OMG, rank 0 origin augments? what else might that foretell?
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

You can make regular like elite and have it be a 1 shot? I definitely hit the too early bug in elite, so now I wait for the timer to be about 1/2 way. I’ve also hit the lag bug where I don’t get the power bar in time. Good part is it doesn’t 1 shot everyone like messing up the turrets.
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Needs to be a 1-shot mechanic. Then they might start to beg and do it correctly
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

1 shot that single person? Yeah....I'd be ok with that. Even with the slight glitch (which is easily avoidable with a 1/2 second pause or repush of the same move).
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It actually has a picture of the emote too....so 'It's not in my language' is not an excuse....because I'm sure there are a few who would be able to say that legit.
    • Like x 3
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Cant fig it out? How…… what is preventing someone from figuring it out?

The game figures it out for you, theres nothing to fig out…..
    Huge text on screen saying “cower” picture that matches the bar showing “cower”
    Chat box in bold type tell you that mixy says “cower”

I mean, honest question here, how much simpler does it need to be?

Im not takin a cheap shot, im genuinly asking. The only way i can see it being simpler is if they made the correct choice activate itself :(
    • Like x 4
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Bad? Omg, it shows you an exact duplicate on screen……. It matches perfectly, its as if they used the same pic…..
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not quite the same. It’s smaller and has a background that obscures the limbs slightly.