Question for the community....why not do what the imp says?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I've seen this a lot lately. You get in the Mxy boss in TOWWR and he says 'beg'. 3 beg, but one guy stands there. He doesn't dance or cower or whatever....he just stands. I get doing the wrong button....it's easy enough to do if you are not paying attention or distracted, but a second later when the adds pop up they are fighting....healing...whatever. Yet again when ordered to 'dance' or whatever....nope, just going to stand there.

So...other than to c-block someone getting the feat for doing it right...can anyone give a decent explanation of the behavior? Because I can't and when I've asked someone who's doing it I've gotten dead air.

PS...I'm not referring to when you hit the action button too early and it doesn't register unless you hit it a 2nd time. I'm talking about people who literally just stand there.
    • Like x 7
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s just DCUO players being DCUO players. I always try and play the game.
    • Like x 8
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

People can't figure it out. I've seen people even go to the extreme to try using real emotes, to no avail. Hell when I first ran it I didn't even notice myself that the hotbar changes to his emotes until the 4th run.
    • Like x 6
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The may not be paying attention to the instructions in the chat box or they may even have the chat box hidden. Also they could just not be a team player or someone who delights in ruining feats for others even thought they themselves have it.

I really hate the fact that to earn SP it takes 100 points in Feats that are determined by 1-3-7 other people cooperating and doing everything right including myself.

“But but but it’s an MMO!” Still not fair that my fate rests in the hands of others. But I digress.
    • Like x 11
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just lose interest.
    • Like x 5
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I said...I can see doing the wrong thing....wrong button or in your example, using actual emotes. But neither would have you just 'stand' there. I suppose it could be you just freeze up when your bar changes, but I see 250+s doing it sometimes....I'd guess they had been in there a few times before for the shock and awe to wear off. If we were talking event...maybe, but reg? Nah, not buying it a month into the DLC.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honest....d-bagish...but honest. I can appreciate that.
    • Like x 7
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

at least its not on the same lvl of queing into a pvp match and just standing there or the door way content standers.
    most groups ive been in at least try to get them all right its the people who don't pay attention to the box numbers and just run around hitting turrets that annoy me
    • Like x 1
  9. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

There's a bug that makes it look like you did it on your screen and not doing it for others. Idk how it happens but I've experienced it twice with a league mate yelling at me for it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...I'll take someone doing something by mistake than someone purposefully screwing things up just because they can, any day. And yes, it happens on the dice game a lot too, but there you could argue it's faster to pop all 6 and kill the resulting adds vs wait out the timer and burn 1, 2 or 3 turrets AND the adds. I'd even respect the squatters a bit more than that. At least they are making a conscious decision to be a scumbag and squat...and will hopefully suffer the consequences when a kick becomes available. It's a scummy move, but they are at least owning it. I'll kick and ignore them, but the standing still guy on Mxy? I'm just confused there.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you hit the action button too quick (I wait 1 second now), it can do this. I suppose that might be it, but again I see it with people who've had to have ran it before due to their CR. I'd guess they would have it figured out by then.

But yeah, that might account for a few.
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lmao the first time did that alert I used the emotes not knowing I had to use the loadout tray.
    • Like x 3
  13. Wallachia Devoted Player

From my part, it is because I thought that only one player needed to do it + lag.
    • Like x 1
  14. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I know on this part , there is transformation ‘ lag’ there is a delay there
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If I actually stick around for that fight, I’ll usually do it with ransoms. With friends, we all just ignore it unless elite. In my head tho, some little imp tells me what to do, yeah chances are he’s only getting one “emote” out of me. Should start carrying the Xmas emote from Lobo around.
    • Like x 2
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this thread is ripe for a Song reference
    " What does the IMP say"
    series of ear screeching noises per song
    ;)

was hoping someone had made a parody cover on youtube but alas none to be found
    someone needs to get on that
    • Like x 1
  17. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

There really isn't any explanation as to why they do. I can't believe you're actually asking this. People do what they want.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There actually have been a few plausible answers...although I doubt their validity past maybe the first or 2nd time in there. Except Lorax, who answered exactly as you point out....
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I got one.... Pure old fashioned laziness ;)
    • Like x 3
  20. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Placing blame on players for this is silly and the answer to your question is because they can and there’s not much discouraging them from doing it. Heck I’ve replied to a quick text while this part of the alert is happening before and the reason why is because it’a not a hindrance to completing the alert.

Your post should be asking the devs to make future mechanics necessary to complete non-elite content but then that opens up a whole other can of worms in PUG runs that I think most of us want to avoid.