Why did you do this devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If nothing else, at least the new focusing elements or whatever they are take up way less space than hoarding all the individual mods while you don’t yet have the plans.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I get the completionist mentality, but other than the feat on 1 toon, I'd never worry about getting the .4s in my alt generators when .2s and .3s which drop are not very far behind. I'd guess that is what they assumed as well. You do you, but it seems like a waste of marks and effort to me.

Granted, I'd say it should have been an option to trade the finished .4s to your alts. No idea why that couldn't have been a thing as well.
    • Like x 5
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, this is NOT worse than Flashpoint's mod dumpster fire. Marks aside, just the fact that I don't have 14 inventory spots ate up with .0 and .1 drops OR 9 spots of partial stacks of .1, .2, or .3 mod boxes, having to move those components through my shared bank because the can't be mailed (or sold) and the endless opening and choosing and crafting of components when doing the 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 climb through the mod chain.

Could it be better? 100%.....worse than Flashpoint? Not even close.
    • Like x 6
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Come now, I know you have at least 300 episode currency left at the end of a dlc, if not 999…lol :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Don't forget that we have a million different regeants clogging our inventories now.

It's a terrible system. Mods should just work like origin augments. They can't seem to figure out a system that works so just use one that does.
    • Like x 6
  6. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Nice strawman rebuttal you got there, but criticizing the current/recent state of the mod crafting system is not "nitpicking over everything." Attributing other complaints people have made about the game to the OP outside of the one they specifically mentioned is projecting at best and gaslighting at worst. Maybe consider why people voicing their opinions, especially when it's different than your own, bothers you so much.
    • Like x 2
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s now 9 reagents (pretty sure, could be wrong) that now stack to 999 if you’re storing all of them. Technically you only need 3 if you make the same mod for each color. Add in 1 spot for the core element from salvagin dropped mods…4 spots at best, 10 spots if you’re a hoarder (raises hand). Flashpoints dropped mods took 21 spots if you only held .0, .1, and .2!

They could just roll the stats into the origin augments and be done with generator mods, but that’s not really adding any value in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Those will be the last thing I do if I get to them. Why do they have to be so expensive for a marginal reward. Everything in this game is exponential in expense and does not reflect the linear progression system. We have fp plans for 5, 10, 15, 35… whatever, 85. Gen mods need to be overhauled like yesterday.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Look, maybe im using the term “white knight” wrong
    But in either case. Facts here are facts.
    Equate this to $. Even if u have $50,000 and theres a way to have $1 more, its progression and having that extra dollar is better even if its a drop in the bucket.
    Bottom line is 1 single might for example is better than not having it and anyone over about 350 sp is not gonna get any more might from the feat.
    The mod is far more valuable to progression than the feat for alot of us.
    The feat also has a lower value in that it doesnt expire. Given that, screw the feat. I agree the feat can go away, i could care less an alot of us could care less lol.
    The mod only has value for another 2-3 months and for the feat, only for those that havent maxed their main stat. The bulk of the value only exists for 2-3 more months.

That said, heres my thing (stats that matter weather u think they do or not) aside.
    Devs didnt get it rite, this system isint good or even better than what they have tried. And they been trying a dif system every episode since what? BoP? So the devs (by their actions) admit they havent a clue an cant get this rite. I been watching episodes drop and i been watching the frustration about all the things they try. Been watching the suggestions an feedback, the criticisms, etc.
    One thing is constant, the devs continue to ignore the feedback an do what they want at the expense of the player rather than something that would benefit the player. Its as if they believe they know better yet cant get it rite. Are they so arrogant that they cant take a suggestion? So egotistical that in the face of repeated failure are still unwilling to try something more player friendly?

I mean seriously…… one of the single stupidest ideas i have personally seen w/mods is acct binding the plans to a character not an acct. i mean that alone warrants massive criticism. How can anyone think thats a good idea? How can any sensible person defend that?

We agree on much, not this.
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It’d be adding simplicity and given that they refuse to hear the feedback and change it every single episode proving they have no idea how to get it rite they may as well scrap it an roll the stats into origin augs.
    I mean, at least that’d be received well by the community and be less complicated smh
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Less complicated for sure. Since 2014, a lot has changed and the gen mods need to change too. The stats need to be added to the Origin Mods as we currently have 2 sets of stats that can be combined into 1 set of stats. Simply get rid of gen mods and transfer the stats to origin mods.
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

They did listen to feedback, just not yours:

Worst crafting system of Decade - Flashpoint Gen Mods
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Who provided the feedback that it would be a good idea to bind plans to a character? Thats specifically what im talking about here. Salvaging mods to upcraft is/was a good idea. Not sure any of us said it wasnt FYI
    My $ says no one was so foolish to think that was a good idea. I doubt anyone suggested that so what are you even on about?

Good try tho lol, back to the drawing board an see me when u have something relevant to what i said to add :)
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

Unless you’re a completionist these seem pointless to craft seeing as they’ll be obsolete as soon as the next dlc drops. I haven’t bothered with any of the generator mod feats.
  15. Ryll Committed Player

Once I saw that the mods were again tied to feats I wasn't going to bother with them. Unless they add 10% of stat I am not interested in grinding for them. If I have the marks and nothing else left to pursue before the next episode......maybe then. Otherwise, not interested in that part of the game anymore.
    • Like x 1
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

First off, no I absolutely do not. But more importantly -- what do you Like about this system? Cause it really seems as though you're just trolling any criticism.
    • Like x 2
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Ok fair enough, sorry for assuming. I actually enjoy crafting in these games and managing my currency. Will I buy vendor gear, elite gear, generator mods, OP neck catalysts? It’s all an improvement as we go and you can choose where to start. There’s also very little RNG involved. Once you finish 12 on a character you can buy the gear over and the plans are half priced, just like gear is treated. If you really want .4s on multiple toons you can then do it on other characters. I only do one character though, the rest just use what drops.

The crafting itself…it’s very simple recipes and there’s no RNG involved. The reagents are readily available as drops in the game or you can buy for source marks. You don’t have to go and defeat a specific boss for the “chance” at a reagent drop. They were also updated to stack to 999. The matter enhancers are also on the vendor.

I also love that the catalysts and soda cola enhancers have been rolled into 1 type, much more user friendly and I am actually feeling that the crafting menu scrolls faster now, not sure if it’s because of this though.

Sum it up:
    I like crafting/systems
    Simple recipes/very limited RNG/user friendly
    Save up marks and it’s 1 trip to RnD table and 1 trip to generator to install
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

I don’t see it as a problem or as really that steep of a hill, considering we’ve been getting an extra 8 mark weekly mission added into content as well as double and triple currency weeks (I’m assuming we’re still getting these). I’m assuming they made them character bound because of the cost reduction if you buy over the feat, just like gear.

Have you finished them yet? What order are you purchasing OP neck stuff, gear set, elite gear set, generator mods?
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've finished crafting 8 mods on one character, saving up enough marks for the last set of plans to finish the feat for crafting 12 mods. Once I finish that I'll replay that feat on my other characters so they get a discount on their plans. No reason I shouldn't be finished with all crafting by next month.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think there are 7 or 8 plus the salvage element....all of which are mailable/sellable/tradable. I do happen to store them in my shared bank, but I didn't need to (like the 9 created boxes)....I could mail them. There were 14 average drop mods (7 .0s and 7.1s...not even including .2s or 3s)....none of which were mailable or salvageable....No...that was worse. If you were correct with the million, you'd be right....it's 7 or 8.

But hey, I didn't design either. If I were designing things, I'd have dropped the mod feats and made them drops like BOP had....in a box where you can select the flavor of the mod. But that's me....I'm not a dev.