Downtime Server Downtime - December 9, 2021 - Episode 42: Legion of Doom

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

Yus same, I set a reminder. Chances are the trailer will be out before the Episode is live xD

Either way, excited for this one. It will be my first episode playing as Electricity healer so This is like a whole new world for me. Also - It was pretty fun on test server, and I can't wait for everyone to try for themselves. This episode surprised me for good after what we had with Episode 41 (Which was mostly updates to the game and no new content).
    • Like x 2
  2. Ayyaz Ali New Player

Make our holidays more special giving us again 100% exp booster for Artifacts
  3. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I’m curious about the Washington, DC space. Will it be based on reality or will it be some weird dystopian place where the country’s flag is banned from its Capital city?
    • Like x 2
  4. lanternspartan Level 30

Is the update to Solace of the Sea also in this DLC? It will be nice to be able to see the floor one shot mechanics without Solace of the Sea getting my teammates killed because of its animation. Lol. Hopefully, it is just an animation reduction and not a radius reduction.
  5. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Yes. The SoS change SHOULD be included. I say should because we never know what could happen last minute.
  6. Siramez Well-Known Player

looks like you want DCUO to be in a lag mode 24/7 and possibly 100000 crashes every second without downtimes, do you like that instead?
    • Like x 1
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nothing to show for it, unless you count the Winter Seasonal, and a whole new episode (including a new open world). Yup... absolutely nothing to show for it. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. leefylee New Player

Excited for this update, it's my first winter seasonal.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Looking forward to this update.
  10. Zero303 Well-Known Player

is it done yet?
    • Like x 1
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Glad you and many had so much fun with the testing for this episode, You testers don't get enough appreciation these days so thanks for your time, also Electric healing sounds like fun especially when you have a good bio for your character and would like to see videos of you doing new content;) , Rn I feel like a Dog drooling all over his plate waiting for that fresh cooked steak, Batman helped with that line lmao.
    • Like x 3
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

If you think them shutting down the game to install updates or fix errors is not caring then stop playing. After all, if you really are sick of having to find something else to do for a few hours then leaving would be the logical thing to do.
  13. Dystopy New Player

Just a question....with Save the Universe leaving today, will we still have a way somewhere/somehow to keep leveling our Time Hunter Gloves? I made a new toon Thanksgiving and ground hard to get him to 342Cr yesterday and just got the gloves right to the next breakthru. Just wondering.
  14. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

Are you new? There's ALWAYs downtime for a new DLC and the release of the "winter Holiday" seasonal. Why are you "sick"?
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can relate to the frustration. The thursday downtimes we've been getting the past few months have been coinciding with my days off. usually thats not a problem but for some reason I've been extra busy the past few months. Good for my real life but the me that loves being left alone to pretend i'm a super hero hates it. Sucks when your limitied play time gets even more limited. after today its going to be a few days before i can sit down and begin to work into a new dlc.

was there any kind of livecast reveal to go along with this dlc?
    • Like x 2
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The worst thing about today is that normally, on a downtime day, I’d take my car and go out on my rounds….
    Problem is that today’s also the day that my car is in “the shop” for it’s 30,000 mile checkup……
    On the upside, I can still play Star Wars Battlefront, one of the GTA games, or even Goldeneye on my Nintendo 64
    (yes….I still have that classic console operational and running like new!)
  17. The Nightshift Level 30

It's times like this I wish we could download an offline playstate to just run around in solo while we wait. You know? Like a saved instance from some arbitrary point in the game. No multiplayer, just npcs and missions. It could be buggy, because it wouldn't have any permanent effect on your actual profile. You could make dudes and run missions. It would be better than waiting around. I guess I'm a little bummed that this is my off day. I just made a ballistics dude... it's really fun... and man.... I wanna play....
    • Like x 3
  18. Mightyclaw New Player

Any word on what's happened to the Daybreak Games Game Server Status page? It hasn't been functional for 48 hours or so, AFAIK.
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/status?locale=en_US
  19. PrinceofDetroit4 New Player

This is predictable, the fact that some here don’t realize this is disturbing because there are those here who do but won’t inform. Fact-the server goes down multiple times every year for various reasons (usually after an update). Fact-it will be investigated and resolved as soon as possible ( if longer than a day expect rewards). Fact- the same people complaining about downtime are the same people who praise the devs for great work and will be the same complainers who populate this forum when it happens again.
    • Like x 1
  20. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Forget it.