MY Opinion On Membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SalviMex, Oct 14, 2021.

1. SalviMex Active Player

I've played this game for so many years i want so say almost around since launch but i honestly don't remember but i was a wee little lad and so much has changed some for the good but some for the worst. I remember when membership was the cool thing to do because it unlocked so much for a good price i guess you could say but now membership seems like a scam and i feel like we aren't being all that compensated for it. Now what do i mean by a scam well not that long ago it was either you had membership or you buy dlcs to run newer content and ofc membership came with its benefits like opening promethium lock boxes, access to your escrow, running any content and not having to worry if you have the ep or not, replay badges, loyalty points, access to all the powers and i think there was some other things but at the time of writing this i don't really remember unless that was it then oh well but now that proth boxes are gone and basically replaced for time caps(which you either buy or get those fragments over time with the daily rewards because for whatever reason they removed queuing to grind it) that's one membership benefit gone, free to everyone episodes another benefit gone and now I'm not sure if everyone is able to access there escrow now but i have a friend that has access to it and he isn't a member and he hasn't bought the 7 day escrow thing so I'm gonna say that another benefit of membership gone. So what benefits are there to members now exactly well from what i know they have the new daily rewards and members get a bonus set and from what i know that's about it and we still get replay badges and loyalty points but besides that I'm not seeing a true benefit to having membership. I have a year membership and it runs out next month or so and i had it cause at the time it was kind of exclusive things but now its just pointless and i truly feel we should be compensated after essentially being scammed damn near mid way of the year. It doesn't seem fair what so ever that we pay money to have these exclusive things just for it to be ripped right out from under us. Now im not sure if anyone has touched up on this subject or if the devs have explained what's going to happen but this is just what i think and it just seems unfair
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Access Levels and Free Episodes

Each access level (free, premium, member) have new and updated benefits. Most notably, all episodes are now free for all players!

Changes for every access level include:
    • Free episodes
    • Free Doctor Fate's Daily Login Rewards
    • Full access to lair and utility belt systems
    • Cash cap increased from 2,000 to 50,000
    • +7 additional inventory slots
    Changes for the premium access level include:
    • Cash cap increased from 3,000 to unlimited
    Changes for membership include:
    • Member Doctor Fate's Daily Login Rewards
    • 3x more rewards, in addition to the free rewards
    • +50% bonus to timed drops of Artifact XP and Ally favor
    • +7 (more) Inventory slots
    • +8 (more) Bank slots
    • +7 (more) Shared Bank slots
    All other membership benefits remain, including the monthly grants of 150 Replay Badges and 500 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Loyalty Points (consoles). Membership cost has not increased.
    • Like x 8
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not seeing any scams here. There are plenty of ways to express how you feel (which you have every right to express), but no one is being scammed. They mention what you get for your membership fee now right here ==> New Episode House of Legends.

Let's break it down:
    • Member Doctor Fate's Daily Login Rewards
    • 3x more rewards, in addition to the free rewards
    • +50% bonus to timed drops of Artifact XP and Ally favor
    • +7 (more) Inventory slots
    • +8 (more) Bank slots
    • +7 (more) Shared Bank slots
    Along with that you still get the 150 Replay Badges and 500 Loyalty Points/Marketplace Cash (for PC). You also still get full access to all powersets (you still have to buy the respect token). You don't lose access to content (hence why you're not being scammed). Within the daily rewards you still get Stabilizer Shards to form Stabilizer keys (I forget the exact amount, but I believe it's still about the same amount as before...only we don't have to run a daily instance to get them).

Among those rewards, you get 3x Destiny Tokens (f2p & Premium only get one a month) for a total of 4 Destiny Tokens....which you can use on the Fate vendor to buy up to 4 Seals of completions (and I forget how many seals of Preservation). If you're all done with Artifacts right now, you can always buy 150 Quarks for 2 Destiny Tokens, and there are a couple of other items available for Destiny Tokens. The Fate tokens can be used to buy styles and other items from the Fate vendor as well.

At the end of logging in for 21 days (doesn't have to be consecutive, just at least 21 days in the entire month) you'll receive a cosmetic item (could be a style piece, an accessory, an aura or material). You also get scaling gear, sometimes a new style (Enhanced Fuginaut Counselor) sometimes an established enhanced style (like the Birds of Prey Enhanced Huntress Style). After the 21st day we currently get Fate Tokens, and people have expressed how lackluster that feels. The Devs are discussing possible remedies to that.
    If you don't feel that's worth the membership fee, that's fine. You are entitled to how you feel. However, you haven't actually lost anything. If you want more, that's a different conversation, which you can then proceed to make suggestions for.
    • Like x 7
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Also, a little advice...you might want to break up your thoughts into paragraphs so that it's easier to read (a huge wall of text is just harsh on the eyes).
    • Like x 7
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

In the old membership, players paid for access/content.
    In the new membership access/ content is free, but you pay to make your character more powerful/faster xp. And, to a smaller degree, more stylish.

Is it better, I' d day no. Is it a scam, also no
    • Like x 1
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I have to agree, I updated yours too.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It was set in paragraphs when I originally typed it, not sure why it got messed up. Fixed it anyway. Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Unforgivable, to the gulag you go.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have been a paying member since I first started playing way back in 2014. I've never gone without membership before. My membership expires in Dec. For the first time since I started playing I am now questioning if I really want to continue. I really don't get the Dr Fate rewards, they seem like knick-knacks to me, idk, maybe someday I will find a use for them.

The 500 Daybreak cash, 350 Replay badges and the inventory / vault slots would be the only thing at this point keeping me subscribing as a member. There was something special about being a member with exclusive privileges, but that's all gone now. Call me a DCUO snob but I liked the exclusive perks.

This combined with the punishment for being a high cr player just has me bummed out. The Halloween event has the one bright spot along with Wayne Manor. At least I have Ep. 42 to look forward too, so there is that hope.

As far as being scammed, no, no one was scammed. We paid our membership dues and we enjoyed the content & perks that came with it. The deal is changed now so going forward it is a personal decision you have make as far as spending any more money on membership. I think they want new players spending on micro transactions anyway. Like I told them in the survey, I'm not feeling the love from DCUO or Daybreak anymore for members or high cr players. It's just how I feel.
    • Like x 3
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Yeah for anyone with a decent amount of time on the game, the Fate Vendor rewards do feel like knick-knacks. I haven't even used any of my Fate Tokens or Destiny Tokens because the rewards are worthless to me. With that being said, the rest of the membership perks don't really hold any significant value to me and don't warrant the 20$ CAD per month anymore. The escrow was 100% the only reason why I subscribed prior to Episode 41 and now that's it's free for Premium players, I have no reason to keep my sub going.

It's definitely not a scam, I think OP is being a tad dramatic but the membership seems to gravitate towards attracting new members now rather than retaining existing ones. Hell, I've said this before but even the "exclusive" rewards given at the end of the months are just timed exclusives, I'll just used my saved-up Tokens to buy those once they release to the public.

To me by definition, a membership should be something exclusive. There's nothing much exclusive in our membership anymore, right now it's more about pondering if the value of the items you receive warrant the price tag for you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This thread is depressing me.
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The situation is too. I mean all this could be fixed if they added more exclusivity to the membership like adding unique styles that can only be acquired through your membership and logging in. They could also gift members some sort of Artifact boosters, where Artifact XP is doubled/tripled or whatever for X amount of time (just like XP boosters).

Also would be nice if we could receive bonuses and unique rewards for keeping our membership active for X amount of time (3 months, 6 months a year, etc.).
    • Like x 2
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Well, Panderus did say "To everyone, and especially to our members, THANK YOU for your support. We can't do any of this without you."
    - So there is at least some acknowledgement of appreciation from someone in Daybreak.
    • Like x 1
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I mean... I'll keep my comments about that to myself. Hopefully they take a look at the membership and reevaluate it, extensively.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Mepps said in last livestream that dcuo has more legendary members then ever before.
    So sems like This change was fantastic to make the game more populated and increase revenue.

I hope we will see servers merging asap this will be so benefical to the game aswell
    • Like x 1
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The membership is very attracting to new members, I don't doubt the numbers are correct and Legendary members are at an all time high. I think the issue I see being brought up the most is that the membership isn't attractive anymore to many who were already members before these changes.

I do like the idea of the game being more populated and the devs gaining more resources but they'll have to look into making the membership a bit more exclusive and enticing to veterans.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I wish I could have seen it. Is it on Youtube?

I really poured my heart out on the survey about all of this. Rightly or wrongly, I feel that Daybreak in it's quest to get new players for DCUO have really abandoned the loyal members who have been with them. We've been thrown under the bus and told to lay there & enjoy it. Rightly or wrongly, I don't feel appreciated or wanted, especially in regards to Ep. 41. Everything is to entice the new players while it feels like as far as the loyal members go, it's we can mistreat them any way we like because they are loyal, they aren't going anywhere. Have a knick-knack, you like knick-knacks right?

It is my hope that Ep. 42 changes all of that.
    • Like x 3
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you for articulating this far better than I ever could.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as i'm concerned, I pay $10 a month (or less) if subbed per year vs per month. For that I get about $16 in hard goods ( the MPC/DBC + 150 replays + 6 extra stabilizers a month). In general, I only spend money outside the sub for seals, which I can now get for Destiny tokens (48 a year) so i'm pretty much ahead before I even get into the power access, trading cash or the extra slots for inv, bank or toons...or any of the other stuff we get from Dr. Fate or as a drop multiplier. As far as what you pay for and what you get, you are getting more than you pay for....

However. As someone who has subbed for years, I doubt I'll keep subbing after this year runs out. Why? Because I can pop on a few months if there is some spiffy item I'd actually want, or if I need a handful of DBC/Replays or Destiny tokens to get those things I DON'T really need right now. I don't run my alts as much except seasonal runs, so who needs 16? I don't dare swap artis or power sets as I've sunk too much into what I have now, so the stuff I have will last a year or more. I've already dropped my PC sub. If I do sub a month I can spend that month burning through cash, creating a new toon to try a new power (heh....NEW power...funny). As far as 'playing' the game, no...there is no reason to sub...even the gear/xp/favor climb is not insurmoutable without the member spiff...and with the clamp and stagnant runs...who cares if you slack behind anyway...the try hards? Let them have it and play for whatever fun is left to be found in between the mandatory stuff.
    • Like x 2
  20. Designated Well-Known Player

Idk If it's true, but hey i'm a suspicious fellow.
    Maybe 4 New players, but what i've seen is the opposite when i asked if they were paying sub, but 4 population, yes i believe this was a good course