QOL change for inventory cluster

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OnlyNomad, Oct 12, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Well, before utility belts became free to play, they couldn't be deleted or sold or opened even to salvage. So I have had to open a ticket for it. In your case, it's items that have to be opened before and then deleted or consumed.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed but even then, as the gear boxes i mentioned, some cant be deleted ever.
    Also with the sodas its not as simple as “must be consumed”. So what, your gonna take em use m in FVe 5 just to get em out of inventory???
    Crap should be deletable, everything shouod be able to be deleted. Theres no good reason not to. We have the option to recover once a month, we have the option to lock anything so theres protection in place.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The only stuff that is ever made unable to be deleted are marketplace stuff. This is stuff that is usually one time consuming and avoids any mishap a new player may end up doing to prevent them from using the purchased item. It's hand holding in that regard.

Boost gear is unattuned boxes that go to a specific item level, the boxes are not deletable, but the tuned item is.
    Styles you get from the marketplace can't be deleted and must be consumed, because they are a paid item and can't be acquired again on that character.

Stuff like that.

The only time I've ever experienced an issue with a deleting character is the utility belt, example above, and weapon and lair styles can't be consumed and you can actually claim it more than once, because it goes by equipped for the claim option. (Ended up with all the weapon styles on an alt that wasn't even level 10 yet to buy other sp. Had to wait until I could to claim them and ask to remove the duplicate. Same was with the lair bases, if you haven't done your lair yet, you can get more than one of the same lair style. Had to claim one and request the rest be deleted.)
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can't delete them at present, but you can sell them to any vendor. That's how I get rid of them.
    • Like x 2
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Says cant trade, cant sell, cant delete.
    Are we sure they can be sold when they say the cant? I assume ur referencing the soders yes?
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Welp as i said, in my inventory currently i have 8-9 gear boxes that when u open it gives you an complete set of gear and the box does not disappear so opening solves nothing. They are forever on a mule because u cant delete them
    Soders say cant sell, delete or trade so they too accrue forever on a mule.

Its simple really, no defence to it needed or justification or hand holding needed.
    EVERYTHING should be able to be deleted unless we lock it. Thats the system to prevent accidental deletes.
    I get what your saying, i do.
    What i think is being missed is just because ur not stuck with these gear boxes that i somehow keep getting randomly doesnt mean im not stuck with em.
    And for clarity its not an unattuned gear box like what drops constantly. 1 box has a FULL set of everything in it. Its like some “new player CR skip box” or something except thats not what it is an when u open u get all the crap from it an there the box sits. It can be infinitely opened because it doesnt go away and somehow i keep getting them smh.

In any case, this garbage should be deletable, plain an simple
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This is kind of off-topic but to address your point, most items that can't be deleted can be consumed or sold (Soders).
    • Like x 1
  8. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

What if you're like me and pets/backups/old legacy rewards/orbitals/supplies/turrets take up a solid 80% of your bank space? Whats your solution then Einstein?
  9. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I have a similar issue on an alt wherein years ago I accidentally redeemed duplicate base themes...that can't be deleted. I even sent in a ticket and they basically said I'm SoL. Luckily this is on an alt where inventory/bank space isn't an issue. But I know people that have this very issue on their main character where bank/inventory space is a premium.
  10. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Don't be a hoarder perhaps? After that you'll have time to work on your attitude. Even the OP didn't take offence to my genuinely innocent suggestion, so why you did so much that you felt the need to resort to childish name calling is odd. Go sort out whatevers gone wrong in your life instead of (failing) to take it out on people on Forums. Because you won't win this one.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Soders yes. The change happened about a year ago or so precisely because of the can't delete complaints. This was their compromise at the time...and I take full advantage of it.
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The first part of your statement is completely ridiculous. I'm not a hoarder by any stretch of the imagination but after over a decade of collecting rare items, pets, toys, anniversary gifts, two sets of gear (DPS, Support), a full set of PvP gear, countless Artifacts, supplies, buff items, etc. I keep my inventory/bank as neat as possible and I have to open loot as I go while running stuff because otherwise I run out of space. Your inventory and your bank gets full really quickly, I don't know if it's because you don't own much in-game but you clearly don't understand how much of a predicament this can be for some of us.

I don't agree with the other guy's choice of words but even so, your initial post was ignorant to be polite.
    • Like x 1
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Einstein was an extremely smart person, I don't know why you'd take offense to that. Also this is a problem the devs have created by releasing all of this crap. I'd be more than willing to buy more inventory/bank space if they gave me that option, but alas I have it all maxed out.
  14. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Lets clear it up so :)

I've been playing 9yrs or so. I remember the days of the Forum being full of "Give us a Green Aura" threads before DC finally let the leash loose on iconic items. I've got every Artifact, i currently have around 8 Orbitals and 10 henchmen in my Bank which i'll be sorting out within the next 2 weeks. I keep my other role gear at the top of my inventory. I have all Boo's with Bootility Belt, Fireworks, Conch, tiny Starro, Tom-bot, Demon Figurine, Phantom Zone chunk, Clown nose, Snowman form, Manbat form, Manhunter circuitry, clockwork key, the new Bat form trinket etc etc. I regularly swap some in and out of my inventory to use for fun. I also have a section of Bank for Catalysts. Right now my main is holding 2-3 episodes-worth. After that its genuinely ridiculous not to have a "Storage Toon". And even with that, I only need 1 of those.

You want to bring up ignorance? Ok, lets bring it up. The absolute ignorance you've shown so far is incredible. You just assumed that i must be New because i dont have "Bank Problems". But see here's where I could be ignorant. See if you've been playing as long as you claim, you'd have built up quite a fortunes-worth of Loyalty Points or Daybreak Cash as a Member. It would be ignorant of me to ignore that. If you are a Member, then you're either trying to present this "non-issue" as a QoL change just so you dont have to use LP/DC to get free Bank spaces, or you spent all your LP/DC chasing Metas or on Replays. If you're not a Member, then i'm just surprised that you're unaware that Companies tend to incentivise Memberships.

The problem you have now is that, you should now understand that I likely have every trinket you do, and have no issues. Have never run out of Bank space. Bought Bank space twice in 9yrs. But i delete old/obsolete Orbitals and Henchmen. Because they're Obsolete. Completely. I'd almost guarantee that theres stuff in your Bank that you haven't used for YEARS. And theres no "Sentimental Value" to any of them. Its junk. Get it gone. Orbitals you haven't touched, gone. Henchmen you haven't touched, gone. The old Catalysts are so old now that they turn into Source Marks, which dont take up space.

You can be as polite about ignorance as you like. But dont forget your own. My post could have pointed out the ridiculousness of this "problem", but instead I tried to just point out the obvious solution. Powers need rebalancing, Celestial isn't working with an Artifact properly and thugs still rule the Broker. But yeah, lets focus on this.
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Let's not kid ourselves here, lol. That remark about Einstein was snarky my guy, lmfao.

[IMG]
  16. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Yeah, Hoarder issues then Attitude Issues. That seems like the correct order. Was going to reverse it but then you literally typed out, without even realising it apparently, the mantra of hoarders. Next you'll tell us that Fast Food shop owners should be jailed because its their fault their customers ate too much and end up with diabetes. "devs created" lol.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I have the maximum amount of storage on my main (Bought it all) and still run into inventory issues. I have multiple rare auras, materials, chromas, styles, etc. that I keep to sell or gift in the future. I also do have a few alts who serve me solely as "storage units" but even then, I can still run into a full inventory.

You might delete your orbitals and what not because YOU find them obsolete but I don't, I often keep them to gift them or keep them to match certain styles. You might have all the trinkets and toys I have (press x for doubt) but you certainly don't have the amount of rare items I have accumulated over the years.

Your "obvious" solution was a dumb one, Baelin was snarky with his remark but he was 100% right.
  18. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Oh i don't have that much? Who told you that, or is that just another unfounded assumption? I listed out the transformation trinkets i use regularly because i could remember them easily. From using them, regularly. I didn't list out every item as you can see from the Catalysts, so could you clarify where you got information on my Inventory/Bank contents?

Also as a side note, you kinda just let it slip that the only reason you actually want this is so you can hoard more "rare auras and materials" and rip more people off in the Broker, as well as shun new players with outlandish prices. Was that supposed to make the devs want to do this?
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's valid assumption based on the fact that if you have all if not most trinkets, toys, etc. you would run into inventory issues at some point.

I'm definitely not going to entertain this ridiculously stupid and ignorant point you brought up, Einstein.