Unnecessary Feat/Hate for Stat Clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiremanMac85, Jul 23, 2021.

1. SolarMarcus New Player

As a OG Dcuo player who remembers what the game was like before it basically died, I have to say this is great news. Never have I seen such a dumb move as removing stat capping; Came back a few times since then but never stayed. Unlikese these so called mmo players I actually WANT to enjoy my missions and actually have to try. Without stat clamping the game was dull and shows how dead it is when every low cr alert or raid is filled with people above 200 cr. I've never seen such a terrible system just be allowed to kill off the ability to enjoy the content. Last time i came back was like 2 years ago but I quit for good when I realized how dead the open world DLC was and how literally all the group instanced stuff just had to have some 250 cr guy carrying you as if you didn't PAY to enjoy the content. Idc if its my tenth character, I dont want wannabe supermantoon ripping the difficulty/enjoyment from my raids/alerts

I'm assuming the open world areas are still dead as hell but I legit am willing to give the game anothet try if theyre really bringing stat clamping back. The majority of mmos wouldn't have ever even taken it out in the first place since half the reason it's there is too make the content still enjoyably challenging.

As the TC said, you other OG players need to just let these needed changes happen. If having to try on a raid youve done before is that bad, you honestly dont like the game that much. Its very common to repeat content in a mmo, so that crap about " B0t 1m oN my 10th T00n" is exactly that, crap. Enjoy the story and its challenges instead of ruining the experience for people who ACTUALLY want to play the games raids/alerts as they were intended.

Thank you for bringing back stat clamping, I'll actually play now.
    • Like x 2
  2. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You use "we"
    You wrote "complaining we are removing your progression"
    I take it that means you work for the company.
    Thanks for letting us know. It explains a lot about all your posts.

• Like x 1
  3. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

As always you put it perfectly. Thank you.

• Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

players just think some of the players waant DCUO to strip them of their progression. Some of us forum users (we) arnt trying to take anything like that.
    • Like x 1
  5. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

So far I've not waited more than 5 min for a raid. Over the last week and I run 7 toons. Seems you are wrong on this one. And more people are collecting role gear as well. Runs are smooth when people talk to each other. Which is also returning.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I returned for the stat clamp. Raid mechanics matter now. It's been great,even pugging.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Yeah, I was wondering how many of these spamming fan boys & girls who love telling long time players how ttoxic & greedy long time players are for having their years of progress & freedom to play taken away are actually devs or work for daybreak....

Ironic they don’t see themselves as greedy or toxic for Taking away others progress, ya know, since it benefits them & their own play.

Like you said it is very telling..... perception meet reality.

PS OmNiBuS is a Fail
    • Like x 3