Unnecessary Feat/Hate for Stat Clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiremanMac85, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Considering I've been on at-level teams who are not over-geared for a given Operation, and the entire thing got steamrolled so fast everyone got the "no ko" feat and the "finished quickly" feat... I suspect all this Fear and Loathing is going to be for naught. Okay, sure, I've not done the Fortress of Solitude alerts yet. Or much of anything after tier 5. But so far, I've not seen any content that is so hard that you need to be over geared to steamroll it. Well, maybe Area 51 since everyone tends to split up multiple times in that one. But otherwise none are that difficult assuming it's a full team who knows what they are doing.
    • Like x 1
  2. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Okay dokey smokey :)
    • Like x 1
  3. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

FOS content are not alerts.... they are raids.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tomazo Level 30

I think what they are trying to do is a very good idea , as soon as all procs , artifact and everything works the same , so they don't change the way you play your character , and only your "stats" is reduced , i definitely agree with the devs and it would be a great idea ... you can go in your favourite oldschool rais and pump dmg like a boss and doing ur rotation ... instead everything getting obliterated like now and u don't even get to hit anything untill tier8+ content ^^
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Only 10K a year roughly... geesh. I'm slightly appalled that anyone in this community could actually say that. A bit of a whale there.

I've been in this game since the near beginning of its existence and have barely touched over $1000 towards what I spent over 10 total years.

So, I absolutely cannot understand how you seemed to think you've found such value within an MMO of such a low tier. Not the kind of investment to really brag about.

Btw, I'm one of the individuals who supported the idea of stat clamping within PVE instances years well before the announcement was made.

I've put in a great amount of time and effort towards DCUO, yet I don't feel slighted by the least in this regard.

What I understand is that what's being done is for the greater good of the community as a whole.

Top MMOs on the market implement the same kind of system for the sake of newer player retainment. Which, is key towards continued growth of such a game. Yet, we oppose that???

I see too much entitlement going on here.

As long as this change is executed properly, there's nothing to fear -_-
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Stat clamping = reducing or limiting the stats you have earned. Being upset about this IS NOT ENTITLEMENT. Every end game player who EARNED those stats, worked for them putting in the hours, $$$, and the grind.

The proposed changes should be beneficial to new and returning players and hopefully will grow the player base and these folks will become paying members to financially support the game. This is a goal we all share. More paying customers means the game WE ALL LOVE will continue to exist.

Stat clamping is here. It's a fact. It's happening. No amount of complaining will help at this point in time. Just all of you, all of you, know this is being done at the expense of us high CR players. The amount of condescending remarks, hate, and envy being directed at us high CR players is astounding to me.

But make no mistake this is not a sense of being entitled to something we didn't earn because we did. FYI it was glorious.
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Please, you arnt going anywhere.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Your upset you cant kill a boss in 3 swings when you are grouped with 7 others? What about the 7 other players who didnt get to participate? What about them?
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

And please show me where I said I was upset that I can’t kill a boss in 3 swings when I am grouped with 7 others? I didn’t, gah. My ONLY reason for being upset is because something I worked for, something I EARNED, is now being taken away from me.

I’m sorry if no one can seem to understand that fact, but as long as you are happy we are being stat clamped that is all that matters.

Congratulations
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Then how will people get Source Marks??? If you read carefully you'll see that the latest 3 Episodes will have episode currencies only...no Source Marks. So people will have NO CHOICE but to run stat clamped content. Whether or not it'll be as bad as people are fearing, the fact still remains you'll have no choice in the matter. Run clamped or do without Source Marks.
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly was the goal of this thread? Are you trying to convince people that this change is needed and it's a good one or are you telling everyone to essentially p*ss off???
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Let's not do this level of hyperbole, ok?

No one is saying they want to one-shot bosses-- that's a ridiculous mischaracterization that's meant to paint people you disagree with in a certain light.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then define what does it mean to "smash" older content? Because if it isn't what i think it is, then your fears of the clamp is way overblown.
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I don't have a mathematical articulation of the precise amount of damage done per tier past the content being run. But one-shotting is not what I had in mind.

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Agreed, but there is tendency I’m seeing on here that people don’t want to have a conversation and reach an understanding, they just want to argue.

Of course the last time I agreed with someone they turned it around to attack me.
    • Like x 3
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

A focal issue with stat clamping is having the window for clamped content be so young. 3 episodes of relevancy is too early, and it should start with content much further in the past. Anything before revamp is a good place to start, in terms of scaling
    • Like x 1
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

It has to be as much work as they put into a pointless "hub" for heroes and villains to mingle.
    • Like x 2
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

I, for one, am supportive of the changes because I enjoy the mechanics of instances. I like that this will open up the entire game for endgame players - in terms of getting source marks.

I hear what you’re saying, I just don’t like the use of the word “earn” when it comes to stat progression. The game is littered with boxes that do nothing but give you opportunities to improve your stats…it’s kind of the “meat and potatoes” of MMOs. You could literally do nothing but talk to Cyborg every day and get enough marks to purchase gear.

I would reserve the word “earn” for feats though.

And again, I’m happy to just leave it as a disagreement, no worries!
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I do disagree. I didn't get to CR341 by just talking to Cyborg. But whatever, it doesn't matter. I just logged off from DCUO a moment ago. I wish I had never offered feed back on here. I wish I had never offered an opinion. All I've gotten is a lot of hate. Tonight is Ebil Monday, the night the villain league I belong too does raid, alerts, and other fun stuff. I didn't enjoy any of it for the first time.

But at least I know how hated I am, so there's that at least.
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]