Reporting afkers do anything or nah?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrWon, Jul 4, 2021.

1. MrWon Committed Player

This is more specific to the seasonal event. Since Seasonal instances tend to start so quick, there's no way of telling who the useless ***** will be. Also, can't kick em once the fight starts due to being in combat and unlikely to die since it's the seasonal. Ignore would be a nice option if it was tied to all my characters and all the characters from the afker's account. But yeah, after running the seasonal daily with 10 characters, there's a lot of leechers who will sit in the safe zone doing nothing. Honestly, getting tired of these shitheads since they know they can't be kicked and would not try it in an actual raid/alert where they would be kicked. I'm sure all of us have also ran into the occasional afker when running Stabilizers. Stabilizer is also fast and easy to do, but it's the point that these lazy ******* still want to afk in something so fast and easy is what pisses me off. I heard that reporting afk won't do anything but I'm just curious if the dev's stance on this issue has changed at all due to their new announcement: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-community-for-everyone.316163/
    • Like x 1
  2. MrWon Committed Player

ik. but again, it's the point that the seasonal is so braindead easy that these people know they can afk and get away with it
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

reporting someone for just playing the game = Ridiculous

reporting someone for just not playing the game = Still Ridiculous

you got to keep in mind that they may not intentionally be not participating
    • Like x 1
  4. MrWon Committed Player

it's not just that, it's the point that afking would not work in raids/alerts cause once again, they'd be kicked on the quicks. but people know that they can take advantage of that so they do and it screws anyone who is actually trying to play the instance. real talk tho man, if afking aint a big deal for you and no one should care about it, what if every player in the DCUO community were to afk in every stab/seasonal run except you. would it start getting to you or would u actually love lo be everyone's pushover? cause if yes, then pm me and we'll set up some daily runs where you do all my stabs/seasonal for me yeah?
    • Like x 3
  5. MrWon Committed Player

i understand when some ppl actual are afk, but sometimes it's pretty obvious when you can see their blue dot moving around in the safe zone
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Actually there are a lot of people to do this. And not only in seasonal. You have players who age stabilizer while they go off doing something else and want you to solo it. It’s obviously easy. But you also have players who have been queuing Lpve specifically trigons cause the cutscenes just pull you to next room. Had one guy today with his mic on just watching tv and barely moving. I asked if he was lagging and he just said laughed. So when we got to LB I purposely died, got out of combat and kicked him from instance.

So yes there are people who literally just get on to get carried.
    • Like x 7
  7. MrWon Committed Player

its absurd af. like come on, these things are soooo easy to do. anyone who takes advantage of going afk cause they know they will most likely not be punished/kicked is a punk fr. glad to hear that you were able to kick the lazy **** out though
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I honestly gave up caring a while ago when it happens to me in a seasonal or stab run. I've soloed the seasonal before, and while it sucks, it generally takes me less time to do it and finish than it would to wipe...leave...wait the 1 min for deserter...requeue and get back in, where someone else might go AFK. In the end I'm more concerned with my time than the squatters freebie. Worst case I'll add them to ignore, but chances are I'll never run into them again, so it's not that big an issue to me.

And really, I'm not sure that AFK'ing could be called cheating. It's lazy, sure, but as the 3 members can choose to leave, the squatter gets nothing. And those are the 'on purpose' AFKs. I hate to admit it, but I've been known to fall asleep a time or 2 when heavy farming or drinking and gaming. Maybe the AFK is 'legit'..... if those reasons can be considered legit. I know people with dogs/cats or kids and things come up and they step away for the short time it takes to do the run. How do you separate the 'legit' ones from the purposeful ones?
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Now...in a longer run, yes. I've booted people before or voted 'yes' to a kick. Funny side note, on the Anti-Monitor seasonal new raid I was running one of my low level farmers through the event version. I was by no means killing it, but some other guy was literally hiding in a corner or running around the room in a circle. 10x less output than my 255 skip with no SP or artis. So same thing, got to LB, let myself die and started a vote. Only one guy objected so the dude got booted. I had a friend in there with me and he said 'Hey, now that guy just voted to kick you', and it did not pass so I stayed. He frustratedly said in chat "why not kick this garbage noob but kicked *other guys name*?" ('noob' is actually in my toons name), and top DPS replied, "cause he's doing something....your friend was not." So yes...sometimes it works out as it should.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s the difference. I never have any issue ever helping someone who is lower cr. We were all low as some point. But someone who is purposely trying to get carried? Nope I’m ok
    • Like x 5
  11. Ekart Committed Player

When I see someone afk in stabilizer event, I usually wait till the get autokicked after 10 minutes and then do it solo.

But in seasonals... yeah, it irks me too. Don't mind if someone does less dmg than me, just do your frickin' part.
    • Like x 2
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Try to force a disband.
  13. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Yup, this is actually a pet peeve of mine and I don't get it why some people queue and then be afk. Sure it's easy to solo it but freeloaders doing it deliberately, nope!
    • Like x 2
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

Stabilizer duo - just wait until they participate or quit. Never, EVER solo it.

Seasonal - abuse them in the worst possible terms.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

On the stab run, your suggestion is to waste my time just to spite the other person(who may be really AFK and doesn't even know of your 'revenge')? Why not just ignore and walk out then requeue? Or if you don't feel like ignoring, just walk out and wait a min before re-queuing so you don't end up in the same run if he re-opens. That takes 1 min, maybe 2 min....waiting for them to autokick or move might be 10 or more minutes. Sorry, my time is more valuable to me...maybe cause I'm older so therefore have less of it in the bank to waste. 99% of the time I'll just solo. I don't even watch to see if they are moving and normally only notice that they didn't at the end. Who cares? I'm already gone and onto the next thing. I also hardly ever blind queue into the stab run, so maybe it irks me less than it used to because of that.

Seasonal it's a bit different as it does take longer to solo/duo and can take longer to re-queue. However if it's just one guy sitting out it doesn't really make much difference in the end. I get the sentiment, but I've got 10 more toons to run some nights. +10 min on a 2 min run on each one adds up to a wasted evening. Sure there are a few time's I'm feeling salty with nothing much to do, but as a rule I just move along and add to ignore unless they have a garbage farmer name....I'd likely never run into them in a real run anyway.

I mean you do you and all, but if you don't feel like carrying (I can repect that), just wave goodbye and leave.
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

I don't usually report them, but I either stand by them till they move or vote to kick them. If the group cares enough they will be kicked. I make sure to put them on ignore so I won't be queued with them anymore.
    • Like x 4
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I do this quite often when the baby is crying at night. Some people have more press concerns than a game, dude. Unless it's an elite raid, I probably wouldn't even shoot you a text explaining because I assume you don't even require my presence.
  18. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

For things like the Seasonals and Stabilizer events. Those things are so easy, that I honestly don't think it's worth the time to wait for them or to raise a fuss. I certainly understand the principle and annoyance of it. But in the time it takes to try and kick them, or refuse to do it without them, I could've already finished it...

But in general, there should be a way to report AFK'ers. I assume it should be easy to investigate--They'll have zero, or minimal, output on the scorecards. And if an account has a history of X amount of confirmed AFK's in a short amount of time... yeah, they should be suspended.
    • Like x 2
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Could care less about seasonal or stabilizer. The lpve afkers are the real p.i.t.a.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kestral Committed Player

I really wish people have to do something in damage to get credit for the match. But then some days I really enjoy camping out in the stabilizer until my partner is forced to help so. Lucky for me I get that chance at least once a week.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2