Skill points are a pain!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Some years ago they had a system named CR differential which means that the highest CR you have more strong you become. I think that this should come back because I personally don't believe that they will sell feats with money like replay badges for example or perhaps they have another idea in mind.
  2. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

• Edited: to group your first test make easier to see both test.
    [/list]
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Devs never go backwards (Thank Zod). Bringing CR Differential back would be making a mistake again. Let them try something different. CR Differential is right where it belongs...in the past.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, no thanks. CR differential was bogus and really made stats not matter...at all. A fresh skip token toon would be as powerful (with some artis) as someone who ground it out for 10 years all off the CR...just open some TC gear and replay a few missions and done...end game beast toon. It also made content boring as you were able to burn through mechanics you'd otherwise have to learn in older content...meaning players (in general) get worse rather than better. I remember solo runs of Paradox taking 1 min or less...and that was 100ish CR ago. I'd imagine at this point the bosses would just not show up and hand us loot if CR diff was a thing again.
    • Like x 6
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It also worked in the other direction, too. Content that was deemed possible to run by CR entry could be made impassible due to the higher CR of the NPCs. It's a go-to story of mine, but I wasn't able to beat Oa Under Siege at entry level CR because of the higher CR levels of the NPCs. I couldn't even get past the first hallway. But once the CR differential was removed, I was able to finish the content.

There were too many flaws in the CR differential for me to want to see it come back in any form.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are you referring to the CR 'stat leveling' of Update 47 (I think that was it). If so...yeah, that was terrible and rolled back in 2 months of agony or whatever. Personally I had no issue with the CR differential in solo content, as long as I was a tiny bit higher than entry level. Of course this was also tied to AM...so some powersets had a definite advantage.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No, this was part of the CR differential era. The stat difference worked both ways, so you could quickly reach a point where you simply couldn't overcome the higher stats on NPCs.

My strongest characters at the time were my Earth and Light characters, they were able to handle stuff easier than my other characters. But despite my best efforts and multiple attempts I could not make any progress whatsoever on trying to run Oa Under Siege, never mind finishing it. But once the differential was removed, I could complete the mission on all my characters. It wasn't a cakewalk as it took me a little while to learn the challenges and mechanics and how to deal with them on my different characters, but at least I had a fair chance at it.
  8. Duskthedark New Player

listen they let you get all the feats for 5000 marketplace credits (thats a joke, but isnt far from the truth)
    • Like x 1
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

i run many low sp toons in current content. heck, i can atomic, rage and earth tank at content's minimum cr and less than 100 sp. i'm not saying sp isn't important, but sometimes it's just overrated.
  10. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

-bump-

I still stand by this
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Stand all you'd like. There are no plans to ruin this game just to appease the lazy or entitled.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

It's not lazy its innovative. Its gets the people going.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is NOTHING innovative about throwing your wallet at the game instead of actually playing it.
    • Like x 3
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nothing really innovative about what you're asking for.
    • Like x 3
  15. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

You would think that with the thread being 23 pages long a dev would chime in and give some type of opinion, i get that that wont lock it up because were all staying on topic & not name calling ( might be the first thread in the last 5 years to be this big and have no name calling) , just odd that there hasnt been a green share their thoughts.

I still stand by them selling a pack with old dlc sp in it, nothing in these 23 pages has came near to changing my mind. Its just alot of “ i had to grind so should you” ehhh
    • Like x 1
  17. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Why must you stalk sp post. You know it's ok for poeple to make post about sp right? yall are the sp cops making sure no one else is successful. Sound like a history lesson when the non folks didn't want the new folks to be successful and rendered them in every opportunity they got. you got it already why complain then?
  18. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

you and your buddy run to every post about sp and whine because you feel you will be forgotten when dc has never said " look at
    willflynne and KHALONofOGUN they have have high sp lets praise them and give them a day to commemorate what they have done" Get off your high horse. You get on every post and say if they touch sp i will die and never play dc again. quit if you can't take input on a video game.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

fixed that for you.
    • Like x 3
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pretty sure this horse is Dead now too, any chance we could get a dev in here to lock this up?
    • Like x 2