The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1) Since you replied to me replying to someone else's picture, you need to ask them for those. Since that was an old post, they may not even remember what codes they used, though.

2) A great place to start is the Heroes Color Codes Thread that's been running for quite some time. Even if/when they don't give you the exact color codes used on the Official In-Game NPC versions of the heroes and villains, they will at least get you close.
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Justice League International's Fire. 90's colour palette.

[IMG]

notes:

1) She's supposed to have cowboy boots on, so I would use the Bombshell boots but don't have them.
    2) There's no basic short gloves that don't cut the fingers or have details on the back of the hand etc.
    3) Unfortunately there's no real appropriately big hairstyle that's really similar in shape or tone, for her or a forehead bandana.
    • Like x 9
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm not that familiar with that particular look, but I'm guessing that the hands were fingerless gloves, otherwise I'd think the DC Bombshell Harley gloves might be a way to go. Similarly I would have maybe suggested the Fatality hair from this year's Valentine's event but the headband on that is up in the hairline and not across the forehead.
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I love that top! What style is it?

[IMG]Fire by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

[IMG]FireFl by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

1) I generally use Heeled for my Fire (GREEN FURY FIREFLAME)
    2 )The problem is that when Bea wore the denim off duty outfit she wore one long glove and one short glove I settled for DC Bombshell Harley!
    3) Regular Long Hair works for me. Although, there’s no straight across bandana I’ve always been content to use the Noble Warrior tiara. it’s a solid single color and it fits in roughly the right spot.
    [IMG]GREENFURY FIREFLAME by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    of course you could always go the easy route and use a glowing body, a neon material for hair and have her in fiery flame mode!
    [IMG]GREENFURY FIREFLAME by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 3
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Psycho jester? Maybe? I mean it’s all one color so the weird-down-the-middle-color-scheme wouldn’t matter.
    truth though, I don’t know.
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's the BOP harley style. The name escapes me at the moment. :) Barbarian waist (although I think your Shaman works better now that I see it), Urban slick legs.

Seeing her against your Who's Who reference I see my colour matching is a bit off. Sadness. I'll try harder next time. I was matching from memory this time. :D

1) It's not a bad substitution at all, but canonically she is actually wearing Cowboy boots. I promise. I used the combat boots because of some other more recent fanart that updated her with them so I went with it. :)
    2) Interesting. I didn't interpret her off-duty clothes as denim so I didn't consider the jeans. Not a bad choice and you got the seams and stitching details that come with them. Well done. Thanks for pointing out the Bombshell gloves. I don't have this set so I didn't know about them.
    3) The OG longhair is alright and I considered it but the sculpt and texture quality is really showing its age compared to the newer character art so I didn't want to have a visible quality difference between the costume and her hair since her hair is a big part of her look. We need a dedicated big 80s/90s hair for her really.

Nice work on your enflamed form of her. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

You still did a most excellent job with coloring considering the pattern/layout of the Psycho Jester top.
    • Like x 1
  9. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

For what it's worth, your Mint Ice cream hair color is dead on to The Who's Who Page. I just chose OG Long hair because it looked the closest to 80s hair (and in 1990-91 pretty much every girl in my school still had 80's Big Hair!)
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Thank you. I would have prefered to do a light green jacket and dark green bustier but the channel assignments wouldn't allow it. I'm a little sad I had to sacrifice accuracy because of the asymmetrical inverted channel assignments but it was worth it to get a sculpt that was so nice and close to the inspiration costume. When I see pieces like this (particularly with Harley themed stuff) I get a little frustrated because the sculpts are fantastic but her theme specific channel locking makes them less functional for other characters -- to me these are missed opportunities the art team could be easily doing a basic non-assymetrical channel assignment useable for many characters at the same time they do the Harley style channels. 2 birds 1 stone. Oh well. :)

I actually have that Who's Who in storage. I remember her hair being a bit more yellow -- which I see in the reference scan of the page too. I'm that picky yes. lol :) But later iterations really leaned into her brighter colours so if I were to update the look I'd do that. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

So this is almost OCD for me but it's fun and I needed the distraction.

This was my reference pic. As you can see, she does have actual cowboy boots on. ;)

[IMG]

So, I considered the feedback here and tried a couple things;

1) I tried to better colour match. I didn't quite go dark enough with the dark green though. (needs a touch more blue and a touch more black--sigh)
    2) I stuck with Barbarian waist because I didn't like the shader on the Shaman.
    3) Bombshell Harley gloves. These are spot on. Excellent suggestion. I didn't know they existed. Thank you.
    4) I tried the jeans but didn't like the shape around the hips and thighs--was much less feminine than I rememberd. And there was wrinkling around the calves and as an older style they feature a deep groove above the boot line that I didn't like (also on the Urban Slick I was using) so I opted for the Celtic pants instead which also have the seam and sticking and have a nice form to them too.
    5) Bombshell WW boots. I bought them. They're the closest we have to cowboy boots but they have a wonderful 80s/90s chunkiness to them so they were an easy replacement. :)

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh I’ve had to sacrifice accuracy several times and each time the regular visitors here assure me it definitely reads as where I’m going but I’ll still be obsessed about how it’s still not right. My attempts at Mister Majestic, Jeroen Thornedike, Hellstrike, Winter and Backlash are all ones everyone insists looked good but I was still unhappy with how good enough isn’t good enough. Lol
    You are completely right about some iconics have styles too...well, iconic. Some styles are only usable with other items in that set, kind of a missed opportunity at times.
    • Like x 1
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Well she really looks good. And anyway it’s Fire from the JLI! That’s still my favorite era in League history and while Booster and Beetle have been getting cameos and background appearances all over the place, Fire and Ice have been stuck on the shelf since the Justice League 3001 series ended.
    btw....Where do you get the bombshell Wonder Woman boots? I’ve never seen them before.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You get them from one of the Wonderverse vendors from Episode 38.
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

My Poison Ivy styles :) Not my best creation in my eyes but was requested by a viewer!
    • Like x 1
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What didn't work? :confused:
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I felt weird about leaving Ice out so this is what I came up with. Unfortunately there's too many iconic pieces to her look that aren't in the game to make her look really recognizable. We'd really need her unique vest, furry boots and her amazing bob to faithfully recreate her. So, I guess this is more of a modernized take on her.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Very good,or as Tora her self would say Veldig bra hehe since she's from my country :)
    • Like x 3
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 13