The hidden feat: Back From the Hack 2011

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skizo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

Just because YOU don't personally care, doesn't make it okay to hand it out. There is a reason for the feat being exclusive, a reason that makes much, much more sense than the reasonings that today's players are using in the hopes of getting a handout.

Getting ONE HALF OF A SKILLPOINT due to Comprimised personal and financial information > Entitlement.

The one's who actually seem to care a little too much to me, are the ones going crazy with creating these threads over and over, over the means of ONE HALF OF A SKILLPOINT. :rolleyes::D
    • Like x 7
  2. Brit Loyal Player

No.
    • Like x 4
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Most people who make threads about the .5 sp have 600+ sp. I don't think the word entitlement count towards them. They are usually the elite. The players who argue against it don't have 600sp. They just think the 6 weeks without DC is some horrible war story that bonds us together. My credit and debit cards weren't compromised. Was yours? Not being sparky, I'm really asking. I think people keep making these threads because they have 607 Sp instead of 608. It's crazy but it don't effect anyone. The threads didn't start back up until after the Valentine's event. That separated the 607's from the 608's
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

I am actually shocked this feat has not been nerfed to a one star feat. That way the people who were here at that time still have their trophy, but the impact on the game and these forums have been mitigated.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

No, my credit and debit cards weren't compromised, which is why you don't see me screaming for a handout of HALF A SKILLPOINT. That's the entire point here, not whether or not somebody has 600+ SP or not.

By the way, having 600+ SP and still feeling the need to keep crying over HALF A SKILLPOINT is in fact entitlement, no matter how you try to spin it and sugarcoat it. No way around that fact, sorry bud. Anybody who has 600+ SP and keep screaming about this feat doesn't actually NEED it, they just want it SIMPLY because a few other players are slightly higher than them, even if it doesn't affect their gameplay and performance in the slightest being ONE HALF OF A SKILLPOINT shorther than a VERY small minority of longterm completionists still playing the game.
    • Like x 4
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Them not having the feat actually helps them because it reminds them to stay hungry and to strive to get all the feats they can while chasing max SP. It's a neat motivator.
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This makes zero sense other than as a sense of entitlement. The feat was earned by those who suffered from the outage.

Demanding to be given something for free simply because you want it is the very definition of feeling entitled to a completely unearned reward. It's a straight-forward tautology.

"I don't have something I didn't do anything whatsoever to earn" is not an "injustice." It is, in fact, utterly just.

For crissakes, people are weeping about half a skill point in a game that gives you over 600 skill points and that number just keeps rising.

The idea that anyone at all suffers from lack of half a skill point is completely insane. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to listen to such cry-babies.
    • Like x 3
  8. Shadow Force Committed Player

It's not an assumption its FACT, Dev's said that Pre-order Batman, Back from hack feat which i do have but only one character(Yet don't feel entitled to get it again),trinkets like Bat-drone,Batarang trinket are not going to be available ever again.
    • Like x 2
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah if anything, whining about this when they already have way more SP than is really all that needed yet in the game really makes it all the more entitled. Like, they extra don't need it!
    • Like x 3
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

It has little to do with the extra SP. In fact my point when this comes up is all to often that the extra SP is a drop in the bucket.

My point is and always will be that unless you were a sub at that time you have zero entitlement to that feat. I think that's a pretty succinct argument.

Is it selfish for a veteran with a Purple Heart to think that non-combatants shouldn't get one as well?
    • Like x 5
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Titles only I think....but I was joking. Except the Tom-Bot....That one haunts me as I re-subbed(had lapsed a few months) when it was given out but not by the date they used to figure who was getting one. Ticked me off to no end on that one. And that gives no SP or title...it just makes me laugh. "DON'T let gravity keep you down.....chuuuuuumMMP!"

I'd never be one for giving out feats, but I get the completionist mentality. So on things like the superman emblem where I think it still shows as a feat whether you have it or not AND can no longer get it, I can sympathize...however on this one, it's hidden. The compulsion to get that feat should be lessened by the fact you can't see it in the list.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]

And before anyone assumes. I do not have the back from the hack feat and I should not get that feat. If that feat is given it will be a death knell for this game.

The only concession I think should be made concerning the back from the hack items is allow players who have the batman and two face inspired masks and hoodie on an account to unlock them on their alts on said accounts via style unlock as although they are inspired they are not iconic so DC shouldn't have a problem letting players get these items who already have it.
    • Like x 4
  13. SSB Active Player

The devs should give these guys the feat and only the feat but take a 50pt feat away at the same time and lock it so they can't get it again. That way they'll have the BFTH feat they want so bad.
    • Like x 2
  14. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Simple fix for all of this, want the feat, ask the devs to disable your account for 6 months. After 6 months you can complete your half a feat point feat
    • Like x 3
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It might be cool to commemorate Back From the Hack every year. If you already have the feat, you'd get a 50 point anniversary feat each year that you're still around. Would be a lowkey thank you to those who were hacked yet are still around.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

You know what, can we get temporary feat for "Back from downtime":) thats what i would call service.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Heck, we should give all those serving in the U.S. armed forces the Medal of Honor for bravery.

Why should those few who currently have the Medal of Honor and are still alive get to hog the honor? How would it hurt them to give everyone else the Medal of Honor, too? Why not reward everyone with the Medal? Why be selfish?

/sarcasm
    • Like x 3
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

A veteran with a purple heart...... You reached for the stars with that one. You can't know anyone hurt that was in combat. And it got 4 likes. Didn't know that 0.5 sp was so precious to some
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

It's an analogy dude. I just figured I had to make it a pretty stark one because so many just don't seem to get why wanting something doesn't mean you should get something.

In any case I'm pretty much done here I have to save something for next month, when this post topic will come up again with the same misguided justification.

I should note that to my knowledge this topic has never been even commented on, let alone publicly considered by the devs. That should say something about the likely hood of it ever happening.
    • Like x 2
  20. Scytthe Well-Known Player

I have this feat and I can’t believe you are complaining about that, people keep surprising me everyday.

Straight answer NO, you had to be here when the hack happened.
    • Like x 2