Devs Its Time For Aura Stacking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This would be a lot more problematic than a second accessory slot which I understand is on the radar.
  2. Crn Well-Known Player

If you add aura stacking I want you to return Zeus orbital strike back to how it was before it was neutered. Thanks.
    • Like x 6
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

What difference does it make of what contents are placed within the capsules? If the same ill-practice is being encouraged on how those contents within are being sold, that only further perpetuates the problem. Time Capsules need to be done away with altogether as they only do more harm than good.
  4. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Something Did Happen To It Long Long Time Ago When It First Came Out It Looked Much Powerful More Lighting and stuff but also a while back it seemed there was less of it don't know why that happened
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

I'm guessing I'm one of those "2 people" you're referring to. I'm not knocking the idea of auras stacking. But, the means you're encouraging of how they should go about it through milking our pockets with more TCs is something I can't get behind whatsoever. It's a cycle that needs to be broken; period. There are far better means of how they can distribute upon such an idea to us.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The problem is they should not be the only way to purchase or gain access to rare cosmetics, like i.e having the O.G material in the Mp for a substantial price for direct access while taking your chances to get one via TC.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Modular auras, and things like glasses, bandanas, eye effects, etc, should classed as accessories. We also need to have the ability to wear multiple accessories at a time with certain limitations. I think this is a better idea than aura stacking.
    • Like x 3
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

there's already a lot of vfx pollution.

i don't want to see anything like this unless *all* the *existing* auras (and new ones going forward) were updated to be "reactive auras" with s very toned down subtle not-in-combat state and then the normal state for in combat.
    • Like x 3
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

What do you mean??? If that were even a thing, there's no way the two could coexist. If you had the options of buying a specific "rare cosmetic" from either straight from the marketplace or by chance out of a TC, no one's going to bother wasting a single dime on the TC route. People would much rather buy the exact cosmetic they want outright.

We're taking about a terrible RNG algorithm that essentially causes us to gamble our money away, Some out there have even spent into the 1000s on one particular TC set to get exactly what it is they were after. Don't even try giving me that "It's their money, they can do whatever they want" nonsense. That means of taking advantage of players is the real problem. Practically forcing the community into such unhealthy impulsive habits through that kind of paywall is the problem. It victimizes. This is okay to you?

The existing option of how players are to obtain such items is simply wrong. As I already said, it needs to be done away with completely. This just isn't the way of how the game's business model should be operated with the players in mind. It has done nothing but cater to greed and as a result has deterred the fullest potential of this game. The true substance that's needed is lacking.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No such thing as enough auras and materials. And not all of them are being added in the game via Time Capsules/Booster Bundles. We've gotten a lot of new cosmetics from the regular vendor (including later additions), Annual events, seasonal content and the occasional free gifts here and there.

What are faction raids exactly?
    • Like x 2
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Some people can't not afford everything in the marketplace for you to be so confident that people will take that route over the time capsules, so all Im saying is having both as an option helps more people then you would think, sometimes taking the chance for a cheap paying Tc is the chances people would rather make, then paying a whopping $100 when they can possible pay a cheaper amount and get lucky off time capsule, there is alot of games doing this.
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I agree with this.
    • Like x 2
  13. EvilDeeds Active Player

Trust me players ingame would go absolutely insane over this, you would be benefiting the game from this.
  14. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Still salty to this day about that change.
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

And what of those will gambling tendencies? Their are no consumer protections for them. They will simply fall prey to the system, a system that youre advocating for that benefits tweaking the loot table so that your chance of getting a highly sought after item is insanely low.

You are vouching for the very system that is intended to screw you over while taking your money. Shouldnt be a choice. Its unethical at best, criminal at worst
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

We're not being force against our will, and tbf we actually have a choice just a 1-sided choice and that is whatever is in the capsules usually stay in the capsules unless we buy it off the broker or trade, there is no other way to get these cosmetics, I believe in the fact that if we're gonna have these capsules then why not make an alternative option for the items, and I think it would be fair to lessen the rng rate since we will have an alternative to it, so it's either pay a nice penny or save and take your chances with luck.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because gambling has no place in video games

5. Conclusion

The more money that older adolescents spent on loot boxes, the greater their problem gambling severity. Older adolescents who spent money on loot boxes displayed more than twice as high measurements of problem gambling than those who did not. Adolescent problem gamblers spent more than five times as much money on loot boxes than those who did not have a problem. Problem gambling and loot box spending were linked by an association of magnitude η2 = 0.120: more than twice as strong as the relationship seen recently in a similarly recruited adult population.
    There is one clear conclusion that can be drawn from these results: when video game companies allow adolescents to buy loot boxes, they are potentially exposing them to negative consequences. It may be the case that loot box spending in adolescents causes problem gambling. It may be the case that loot boxes allow games companies to monetize problem gambling in these vulnerable populations for 11-digit annual profits. We believe that both relationships may potentially lead to serious adverse consequences for younger gamers.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/...osone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0213194
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Not if DCUO can bring peoples PC/consoles performance to a crawl xD
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

You're not making any sense. Why would any cosmetic such as an aura or material be sold in this game's marketplace for $100? The current ones we have in the MP are NOWHERE near that price. What are you talking about??? What you're saying is completely illogical and does nothing but construct an impractical scenario.

How are you so naive to believe that such a system set in place would make it that much easier to get a particular item? Surely, if that were even a thing, the higher the value of certain said item, the greater the odds would be in order to obtain it by chance of luck. Nothing of such value would be that easy to obtain in that kind of matter.

Let's entertain what you're supposedly saying for a bit. What if such a player is completely out of luck throughout those openings, yet would have to give in anyway to outright buy the exact item they were after? You just created a situation that further perpetuates the problem that's been addressed this entire time. All of that extra money spent for what? That player has now been taken advantage of through a company's ill-practice. A situation such as THAT is where we have to draw the line.

You should be ashamed of yourself to even support players being victimized in that kind of way. You trying to claim that other companies do this with their consumers, which is an outright scam, doesn't excuse that whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  20. Crn Well-Known Player

Hell yea, it looks ridiculous now.