Devs Its Time For Aura Stacking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I actually agree with about scammings and all so we're on the same page I was just vouching for more options, but you're right.

OK I agree with your statement, I guess I'm too used to games like Genshin Impact were I see it as a normal practice but yea you two was always right, I just wanted more options for people who support and who don't so everyone can be satisfied.
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Would love to use my powerset auras with the OG auras that just match my HL shield too well to change out.
  3. Aren Sul Committed Player

Exactly. I've asked for this before.

It would be great to select a default aura and then a combat aura. You know - "Flame on!"
    (Forgive the non-DC reference, but it was the first thing that popped into my head)

If we can get that, then maybe one day:
    Move aura selection to the materials screen with the upper half default and then lower half combat, allowing for reactive set of colors, aura, and material. (Don't hate me Devs).

4. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Respectfully I think the real dread is the marketing behind such a tool.
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

I've gotten into soooo many arguments on this board over that....

What was once cool.... costing lotsa valuable time and even more valuable money... now isn't.

Kinda feeling the same way about the change to the Man-bat transformation trinket.
    • Like x 3
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

While I did take a break for a bit, I'm a 9yr player. I tried forever to get that man bat trinket. Weekly runs for as long as I can remember. Finally a league mate gave me one that he got. I kid you not, within 2 weeks it was changed to useless man bat. And just last week, I finally got the commados. Too bad they hit like babies
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Basically the idea is a good one, but wouldn't that end up distorting the game by dint of the aura and matter that is very present now?
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Can we get our names and titles with a Comic Sans font to go with all our blinky lights?

Superheroes with MySpace and AOL Online accounts need this.
    • Like x 2
  9. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

I’ll say this is a successful thread with 90% people loving the idea
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've brought this up before and I've seen at least one Dev response that it's been looked at internally and it didn't turn out as well as we like to think it would.

I posted it to my recent wish list post as at least putting a trial run of it on Test so we could see what it would look like. If it looks like hot garbage then we could post results for those unable to access Test and that would be the end of it. If it looks good, or at least enough combos could be found to make it worthwhile, or enough of an offset (say one aura is slightly faded, or if they are the same auras then they are out of synch or the overlays aren't centered exactly or one is a bit wider, etc) to make a second one work.

Again, I would like to see it on Test to see how it would look rather than just unleashing it on the game and it possibly looking horrible or not even attempting it at all.
    • Like x 1
  11. Radstark Active Player

Dude. I got all of my auras without buying any time capsules thanks to this magical thing called "broker". I'd... encourage you to try it.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this sounds like a good idea but if implemented i fear my eyes would vomit.
    • Like x 2
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

After everything I had said regarding such an issue within the gaming industry, that's your takeaway? And, you're going to try to mock me as if I haven't already been smart enough to pick up on what you're thinking you're encouraging me to do? You think you're being witty and clever? Nice try there. Never been a sucker, my guy -_-
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

People are purchasing unlock keys, opening their lockboxes and posting their hauls on the MarketBoard. You may be able to buy it off the broker, but how did it get there?

Lets not pretend like people arnt selling the contents of their Time Capsules which makes (Real Cash-> Ingame Money) and in turn, players may sell the aura through Cashapp/PSN Cards.

(Yes some players actually do use DCUO as a side-hustle to make ACTUAL money)
  15. N-IX Well-Known Player

I agree with you, that would make the partial auras (of feet, hands, .....) useful
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

How bout this (i agree fully)
    Lets just do away with henchman completely. Take the skins and apply them to accomplice. Buff the accomplice so they are functional lol.
    And there ya go, we should do that anyway for performance an screen clutter reasons if nothing else.
    Easy peasy, 2 screen-cluttering things gone :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

honestly id love it if they found a way to make it so we can use a full body aura and a modular at the same time, i actually thought that was going to be the purpose of accessories.
  18. Radstark Active Player

I'm honestly failing to see the problem then. If you just rack up stabilizers until the next Mega Capsule event kicks in you'll be making tons from the broker, in turn being able to buy whatever you want from there. You have two choices: either wait for that event to get whichever item you really wanted, or gamble your way to having it ASAP. I'm very fine with the first option.

What I'm trying to say is that while I agree that the lootbox formula is usually damaging for a game, I think it was implemented decently here. It would be a real problem if gambling was the only way to obtain said items. And without those wasting so much money for capsules and stabilizers probably the company's income would be lower, which will obviously translate into less updates, less maintenance and an overall worse game.

If people are crazy enough to throw so much of their money at a gambling system, we can only feel sorry for them. Other people are crazy enough to buy those items with real money instead of using the game's economy, but that's true for every MMO really. If you could buy that aura from the marketplace instead of buying it from a player, what difference would that make for you?

TL;DR I'd rather have things stay like this and be able to buy my stuff with in-game money, rather than having to pay Daybreak Cash for an aura. Obviously this only stays true as long as Mega Capsules exist.
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

After over a week, you're just now responding? This is pretty much a dead topic with you now.

In order to truly address this problem, you have to first of all think outside of yourself. This isn't about how you yourself can personally benefit from hustling the broker. Just because you're able to do that, it does not negate the existing issue. Players in the community are still being scammed and taken advantage of through this kind of business model. If you're going to keep playing pretend as if there's no problem there as long as you can get whatever you want out of the broker, then you stand for nothing.

Why is the company's income even a part of your argument? I remember a time in DCUO when players paying for a legendary membership was all those DEVS needed to help sustain this game. Mind you, in that particular time, we were receiving content of much greater quality. So, what does that tell you? What they're doing now is not what they have to do in order to maintain such a product. It was a decision on their part that only catered to greed. You claim that you agree lootboxes are damaging, yet for some reason you're too blind to see the bigger picture as to why it's so detrimental.

If you'd rather have things stay as they are, then you're a part of the problem. I encourage you to wake up. Because what's happening now does not work in favor of the small community left that supports this product. A stance needs to be taken in order to change that as the players deserve better. Especially, after all we have given as a collective after 10 whole years.
    • Like x 1
  20. Radstark Active Player

It took me a week because I hadn't been on the forum for a week. Neither of us think it's a dead topic or we wouldn't still be discussing on it.

If I'm able to do that, why isn't everyone else? If I only thought about myself I wouldn't be here saying that everyone how to do it. One stabilizer run a day doesn't take much, in the busiest days it's the only reason I log in. Only those players that decide to adhere to that business model are being "taken advantage of". Even if no one bought capsules and stabilizers with cash, most would still be able to get everything they want with Mega Capsules and broker/trading.

The company's income is part of my argument because if they have no income to sustain the servers there is no game. I'm sorry but I really find it hard to believe that the developers had to pay the subscription by themselves in order to sustain their own game. It's like a chef that pays his own money to eat in his own restaurant, the math just doesn't work. And you're belittling a lot of people's job if you think that was fair. I agree that lootboxes are damaging when they have to be necessarily bought as the only way to obtain something. Please enlighten me as to why this would be the same case, because you still haven't explained.

You're nostalgic about a time (again, honestly very difficult to believe) where the developers had to pay the subscription that the players should have payed, nice support you're giving to this product. Anyway, I'll repeat it again: if mega capsules were gone, and everything found in capsules was purchasable with Daybreak Cash (and forget the measly 180 that they charge for "basic" auras because that's never gonna happen for these auras we're talking about now), would you be happier with that? Without even the shadow of a chance to buy them from the broker, having to spend your monthly Daybreak Cash on that stuff instead of being able to use it for something that is actually useful like an armory or Dionesium?

...Or are you expecting all that stuff to be for free? Do I have to explain why it's not?
    • Like x 1