Dcuo desperately needs new powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Remi King, Oct 25, 2020.

1. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

I hate to basically shoot you down, but...

15 powersets total now and the number of character slots basically won't increase... ever... Yeah, no.

Also, I feel like the powersets are somewhat diverse enough. You're also being vague about the issue, what kind of powerset are you looking for? There's Nature which just slaps on DPS and Healing alike, there's Gadgets and Munitions and possibly Earth as a caster, there's Hardlight which can perpetually combo, there's powersets like Rage and Celestial that have after combos although Celestial's are a bit more complicated. Also, Sekret is right, the roles are very different. I imagine Controller got royally shafted but Tank and Healer can be synonymous with immortality in some occasions! ... Yeah, so uh, what do you like?
  2. Control Creed Well-Known Player

LOL, no... trolls do that FOR DPS, it's part of what trolls do.

So, Burning, Frostbite, Dazed etc trolls can do that.

If you want me to go on with Trolls, Tanks, Healers in much more detail I can but suspect you are not really interested.

You asserted nothing was missing, I gave you one example.

Again "worth it" I strongly suspect you have greatly overestimated the time it would take to cobble together animations that have already been coded or are you an expert developer with the same level of "expertise" as you display in your knowledge of support roles?

Just curious...

I've been playing since launch, never saw a year without DLCs when a power came out so your assertion that the cost would be a year without content is... dubious.
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

You can buy extra character slots, I have 19 on one account, it still offers to sell me more so that's at least twenty.

Not sure I follow your logic there...
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Learn to read first because i said „not anytime soon“
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Lately there are many things that show that Daybreak, has not much will for DC anymore and the more or less recent waves of layoffs do nothing to prove us wrong...

Sorry to be rather harsh on this point, but it would be good if Daybreak heard this distress and stopped thinking about making everything turn on real money to play at DC it's a formula less and less appreciated nowadays, I think DC should look for formulas that works nowadays and stop seeing what he was doing x years ago !!

Concerning the powers I think that there should be a power release every 3 years or 4 years max, which I think leaves plenty of time to develop it.

For the current powers, it wouldn't be too much to have some refreshment, like, changing anims or adding new spells, soinon, in the best possible idea (I think) and innovative for dC, would be to be able to sharpen all the roles on all the powers, of course keeping the current role changing system, if you want to play tank you play it with the stuff that goes with it etc etc....
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea they have also cut nearly half or over their team since their last powers release, and it has nothing to do with being a expert dev. Mepps himself has said DLC' would be on hold for a year to do powers and-or pvp fixes. So if we were to get 0 content for 12 months or more then I only assume he as part of dev team knows how long it would take.
    • Like x 1
  7. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Mepps said that? Interesting... so, could the implement an artifact that has that same effect I mentioned? Pretty sure, would that take away a year of content? Since they release 3 artifacts every DLC in addition to getting ready for PS5 it's doubtful... so, not sure I believe that is what I'm saying.

It just doesn't make sense, however... let's say more realistically it would mean two DLCs without artifacts, yeah, I'd be cool with that.

That seems more realistic given what artifacts are, new powers.

Having said that why would they give us a whole new powerset for free when they are getting people to pay $200 to add one power to their bar? That is more likely the issue at hand.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm just saying what has been said by a green name within the last 6 months to year. Do I agree with it? Of course not, it's a comic book game that's limited to what 16 powers? Seems pretty sad imo but what can you do? Complaining hasnt done anything so that's a waste of time, so you mise enjoy powers that are in game currently or find some other game that is better funded on devs end to play.
    • Like x 2
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmfao i couldnt help but comment.
    I dont get why theres 5 pages of discussion here.......
    Let me simplify it:
    1) you wanting a new power to try does not mean the game “desperately NEEDS new powers”
    2) if you want to claim new powers are “desperately needed” then provide some factual reasoning NOT your subjective wanting
    3) even if you could offer some genuine reasoning, the devs have stated multiple times (or so im told) “THERES NO NEW POWERS in their plans”.
    4) if #3 is news to you then try searching the forum BEFORE posting.

Hope that is simple enough for everyone, have a wonderful day
    • Like x 3
  10. Panderus Senior Producer

It is rather expensive time wise to create a new powerset, but I think our time would be better spent reviewing our existing powers or expanding the Iconic Powers. We would also probably need to update things one or two power sets at a time instead of all at once. Additionally, I think there are at least a few powers in each set that are also unused or redundant that could be removed or reworked into something useful.
    • Like x 15
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Interesting reply that i fully agree with if the episodes first of all get more attention, powers should be the last priority. Focus on Episodes and the content in that episode Raids that are designed well etc.
    • Like x 2
  12. Noble One Committed Player

apologies for the late reply but thats why i stated they could do new powers like they did with water and work on it in the back while still pumping out content. hell i would be happy if they took plants and animal morphs and separated them into their own powers (like they should be). BOOM 2 new powers right there.
    • Like x 2
  13. Noble One Committed Player

of course it is but the big picture is you draw in more rev with older players returning to play and also NEW players as well. adding in new iconic powers is nice except most of them are completely useless. why add gimmicks when you can add a new power set?
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Oooh, please expand upon our powersets and I do love the idea of looking at redundancy. Electric has a lot of that going on.

Also can you revisit projectiles? They miss way too much.
  15. Panderus Senior Producer

That doesn't consistently seem to be the case from what I have seen on this game and others. Sometimes sure, it gets a fair amount of new and old players in. Other times you question if you released a new class at all when you look at the metrics. I am not super comfortable flipping a coin with about 3 developers time for a ballpark of 3 months.

I think the key to success for new classes is resonance, how cool is that class to the most people and the IP? For example, I could see a case for us making a "Superman" power set since there isn't great representation of what he can do as a character in the game. On the other hand... You can make an Ice Tank with Heat Vision and Brawling to get a reasonable facsimile.

Thus, why I think expanding Iconic Powers might get us more of that resonance while updating existing powers can stir up the meta and players' enthusiasm for the moment to moment gameplay.
    • Like x 13
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think a lot of the problems with the "reasonable facsimile" that you mentioned, is that the moment we have to use a power that helps our role, it breaks that immersion.

Expanding upon what we have would help in that regard, but limits what each of the powersets are about. Would something like breaking up the powers be a thought? I mean, having certain powers be non role specific would make for a more unique theme. Just a thought. I mean, an water tank, gadgets healer, and atomic controller would be interesting.
    • Like x 3
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Oh please no this is a horrible idea.
    • Like x 2
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Care to elaborate on that?

Not to be antagonistic, but I think just saying it's a "horrible idea" doesn't help in any helpful manner.

I can see where they are going with the idea of expanding powers, expanding iconic powers, and fixing redundancies. I gave an idea, they are no where obligated to follow the idea. Or they could use it and morph it to what fits for the scope of the game.
    • Like x 2
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I dont want gadget healers and water Tanks it would be a mess to balance and adjust seriously a bad idea and will take the original feeling of a powerset away one support roll and the dps roll for each power is enough.
    • Like x 2
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Also new powers wont magically make this game more enjoyable which only effects a minority of players.
    When we have issues such as lack of content and which type and how much content we get per episode then powers should be not a discussion dc is loosing players due to bad episodes let them fix the elephant in the room first before asking for powers its seriously surprising to me considering how unpopular atomic and water are that people think that new powers will benefit this game it obviously is just a small fish type of request that takes devs as much time as a whole episode to make atomic and water should be the proof that new powersets are currently a waste of time for the devs and clearly do NOT benefit the game.

Focusing on the episode related content issues is the best thing they can do and will effect most players and also effect the popularity of the game to make people return much more then a powerset that most people wont even play and the ones that will play it alot of them will switch to another older powerset later on and all of the work the devs did was basically for a very tiny amount and a new power wont keep players interested if the episodes are boring and dont have enough content and not the right content.
    • Like x 1