The Villain Problem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So me disagreeing with the original idea then offering a alternative suggestion that would appease both sides is the prob?
    Sorry but compromise is better. Allowing ppl a way to to integrate and not as they see fit solves the issue and allows ppl the freedom to choose.
    Not sure really at all what your on about but making both sides happy and accomodating all IS a better solution than your intent to force us all into how you want it.
  2. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I've wanted a change option so you could go from hero to villian. Like the PVP phase shifter, and villian and hero phase shifter. Some characters switch what they are: from good to evil, evil to good, in a day. This happens in the movies and comics. It would be nice to do villian side things either solo or take a group of friends and do missions and gain styles and feat.s on that side as well.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

No, the compromise IS the cross faction grouping and interaction allowing.

Your version of a compromise is I want to opt out, when the problem is the exclusion.

Villains and heroes work together all the time, trying to stay in character, you can choose to work with just villains, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

And again, you really didn't give an alternative. It's essentially the same we have now. You can turn off joining a hero instance, but it doesn't stop a hero joining you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I think the idea of cross faction grouping and communication it's well overdue, would solve some population issues for sure and allow people more freedom to choose faction without worrying about population issues affecting their choice.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I think this would be more work than just allowing heroes and villains full interactions. And I remember proposing something like this myself MANY years ago. It's a nice idea, but at the time was shot down.

According to Mepps, they could already open it up, but the problem is that they would have to figure out what would happen. It's difficult to change something that from the beginning was designed to keep separate.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, i just think its better to offer a feature/option than to force it on everyone. If it were toggle(able) then u could each individually choose to or not to Chat/invite “across the aisle“
    That is comromise.
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed for sure
    Simplest think IMO would to be just make a new “global” chat that both sides have access to.
    Those who wish to branch out can an those who dont want to arent forced to. Win win (as i have said)
  8. BumblingB I got better.

It's the grouping part that they need to open up. Custom chat channels do allow for syncing queues, just no way of actually grouping outside of a Task Force X instance. Even then, there is no real grouping, you are just there to do the instance. True interaction is needed to help with the imbalanced populations.

As proxy said above, it would help players decided on which side they want w/o having to worry about population hinderance.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed so stop expecting those opposed to Be forced to share their instances with opposing factions When they dont want to. Thats just as bad as forcing us to stay separate. Both are extremes an both are perfect examples of what compromise is NOT.
    I just cant wrap my head around how u think a compromise thats easy implement (in theory) And would give u access to what u want (a chat tab encompassing both heroes an villans) and give others The option (like we have now On the current chat tabs) to simply tab over is a bad idea smh.
    I want the option, it would be great. It just should be an option not a requirement is all
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed for sure. Just not forced interaction. A simple global chat tab. Easy peasy. Dont like it or dont like it just this min, then use faction LFG or any other. Need/want to expand group building options, tab back over so u can shout for heroes/villians too
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I don't get why you're so against it, i understand that's your prerogative, however, to entertain my curiosity are you a role player or something? It's just a game, you know villain's aren't really bad, they're just other players pretending to be villains and at the end of the day if content gets done does it really matter who it is youre conversing or playing with?
    • Like x 2
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

100% agree.

I've never played a game where people of different factions couldn't even message each other.

In ESO, there are 3 different factions at war with each other, but it only shows in open world PvP. I think the same should apply here.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I just hopped on my PC account to see how things have changed with the villains, and they haven't. Still a bunch of people crowding the phase shifter trolling shout while LFG is mostly gold sellers and the same 1 or 2 people spending over half an hour trying to build a group.

Obviously I'm not a dev so I won't pretend to know what needs to be done. Something does though.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im aginst it on principle is all. Forcing everyone to conform to just 1 way isint a compromise to appease all.
    Currently we r forced to be seperate outside of suicide squad (a fair attempt an co-existing).
    The proposal is forcing us to co-exist (a fair attempt at co-existing).
    Neither gives us the freedom to choose to play who/how we wish.

I agree we need a way, i disagree in forcing it to be an all or nothing thing.
    Thats why i propose the compromise of a simple chat tab (global chat) to fnwe want to search out “help” from the other faction we can. I wouod use this at times myself. But f we didnt want it, we simply tab over to our current LFG tabs to search w/in the faction. This gives us the freedom to branch out when we need/want and stay “home” when we dont want. It creates player choice through compromise an should appease both sides.

The only argument aginst the option i can see is fear that too many of us will opt out meaning that whats really being argued is a way for one group (the ones who want us in same lfg) to force us to run together.
    On principle i dont want forced, i want the option. Its a good option and wouod open up group building, chatting, feat hunting, etc BUT needs to be an option not a forced compliance. Thats all
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I will add as well that im also looking at it from the game design. The game literally is designed for us to be separate and “against” each other. The 1st option is a choice iN faction. What im proposing is a choice to use or not use a feature much like other features.
    What the OP proposed in #4 is a full merge of chats. I think we need a way to stay w/in the original design and intent while retaining the option to “reach out”. Look, theres so many variables at play. Forcing compliance an merging the chats is a larger undertaking and can create probs as well. What i propose is a quick simple fix (in theory) that has much less potential to break other things.
    A chat merge has far more potential to break things an addition of a single new optional chat tab. For me its that simple.
    I want a faster/safer fix to the issue AND if that route is taken, we can use or not use at our leisure.
    Thats a win/win. I dont personally see how theres opposition unless the goal is to not allow us the freedom which why im opposed to the suggestion and offered an alternative player friendly solution
  16. Proxystar #Perception

That's cool I understand, I agree there are other ways to do it that don't involve opening everything, like you say there could be a new optional global chat added that's like LFG, in addition the devs could even a symbol or icon next to names or color code names in group so you can see villains from heroes and then you could decide whether you want to even be in such a group.

I think the moment it was opened up you'd never be able to entirely avoid it, because if you were joining groups from LFG you wouldn't be able to control how others are forming their groups, but you could of course control your own if you're aware of of which faction it is the person is in before you invite them.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Exactly, its the freedom of choice That i want. Our current system doesnt have that (we r locked into a cess to just one faction) an the proposed would be the opposite, we’d be locked into both. A chat option is literally havin ur cake an eating it to an what the point in having cake if u cant eat it eh?
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Isn't there an option to turn on PC and PS labeling in the UI? I never cared what players were playing on, but I know that a lot of PS players did/do. So they would turn it on.

The same can be done for Hero and Villain. Just have the name then a single letter H or V next to it. Like BumblingB [H] says: GLF 2 DPS for FSGr, pst or Sinnka [V] tells you: CR 313 DPS or 316 Heal, send invite.

This way it wouldn't affect the overall interaction. And I don't think would be much more on top to the UI. The problem comes from what's easy to implement. Adding too many restrictions lengthens the time to develop. When they actually do have the ability to turn it on now, just they are trying to avoid unintended bugs from happening.

I get it. Players like to roleplay, but that's only one sided. What if my villain was best friends with a hero before the exobyte explosion and got their powers? Where they were separated by Brainiac's bottling and just so happened to be saved by Superman and Lex, which developed what side they chose. They still keep in touch, but decide to do things poler opposite of each other.

Or how about Catwoman? You can find her in both hero and villain areas.

Right now the game doesn't allow any interactions aside from Versus, custom channels, and cross faction queues (which is limited). In a real world situation, that just wouldn't happen. It's kind of weird that the devs decided to separate them from the beginning. I mean, they even had labels of morality required for gear, so they did have some ideas of cross faction play.

Anyways, lore aside, the population is just really bad. Took us an hour to get 7 people for FGSr on last Saturday, that we ultimately just queued and got a Hero controller.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Woah, this is a name I haven't seen in a while. You swapped to PC now?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Yea that's a possibility, the only reason i support more something active on the screen such as color coding or a visual tag of some kind is because it's more intuitive and prevents a player from having to dig around in the social menu to check someone's tag, I understand that's not necessarily difficult either but still isn't quite as intuitive, ultimately though I think it would come down to what's easiest to implement from a systems engineering perspective.

As for role playing, although i appreciate people's desires to play like that I think the reality has to be faced that when the population is difficult what is better continuing to preserve your role play or increasing the population to make it a better experience to play, period.

As you also say, the role playing could even go an alternative direction.
    • Like x 1