Might builds, Prec builds, Hybrid Builds & Generators in bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by wisetoons, Aug 20, 2020.

1. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Currently we are able to focus only 1 build because it doesn't matter how many bases you have, all bases share the same generators.
    So in my opinion each base a player own should have a seperate generator, so we can install different mods into them and link our armories to any of the generators in any of our bases.
    This will lead us to create might builds, prec builds, hybrid builds, variety of troll, tank, heal builds.
    For example in my base A, i install prec mods and prec elite affinity mods and link my related armories to that generator and my prec based build is ready to use. And in my base B, i install might mods, might elite affinity mods and link my related armories to that generator. Also for role builds can get variety.
    This is really required in game. Who doesn't want that?
    • Like x 6
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

They could give us 2 lines per color and we would have to click on the one we want to have active to use while the 2nd will be greyed out.

That would also mean we can slot them as we want and even have a priority order for ourself what we wanna go for first on a new episode without loosing the current progress on another spec and having to bank all those gen mods until we ready for the switch.
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I say build an spec w/in the constraints of the system.
    If that means u go might then do it, if that means prec then do it or even a hybrid

That said, this is a wonderful idea and would Bring even more potential and variety
    +1
    • Like x 1
  4. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Also forgot to mention, with current system it pushes us only play 1 role active, if you are a troll then you must choose your generator mods for elite affinities as troll or dps (not mentioning what type of dps), this is totally unaccaptable, either put additional rows in current generator or make base bound generators, why we have option to have more than 1 bases or why we have option to have 16 armories if we can not use them active.
    • Like x 1
  5. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I think there should definitely be some kind of benefits to having more than one base. I have 2 bases on my main, and (other than being able to place more than 8 armories) I don't see any real benefit to having an additional base at all. There's even a line of text during the loading screens that states something along the lines of "Having multiple bases has a number of benefits"......yet the game never elaborates on what those benefits actually are!
    • Like x 3
  6. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Sounds like a great idea. I hope the devs take a look at it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure
    • Like x 1
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I think dcuo should have a
    Mainframe bot for those generator mods & armories.

We need a portable bot that we can consume and spawns a robot that we can edit our armories on the go. Also , when we have alot of generators mods that drop we can equip it.

We have a RD bot, repair bot, bank bot, broker bot, lair bot.

Now be great a portable bot for armories, escpically since all of people has alot armories per character. Since we have just 4 armories wheel. It great to a portable bot in that helps dcuo players.
    • Like x 2
  9. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Please stay on the topic and create your own topic if you really need generator bot. I don't need generator bots at all.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You get weekly Prestige bonuses for walking into each of your bases.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its a good idea but i gotta tell you: trying to keep track of all my armories is already a job of work. the process of equiping and unequiping and keeping track of whats my might build, whats my precision build, load outs for single targets or aoe, support roles, experimental builds...I just dont want more work. spreading everything into other bases? I'd like to see something a little more streamlined.
    • Like x 1
  12. Original Master New Player

Yo Wise, I completely agree with your post and I hope the Devs acknowledge what you suggested and implement it into the game...
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's something I always wanted, I have no idea why it wasn't something from the start... They should also do this for elite affinities, since UM (or was it HH?) launched you have to be stacked on affinities if you want to be good on 2 roles.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not just combine Might and Prec?
    Or Dom and Resto?
    and Power and Health?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Combining Might and Prec into a single damage stat has been requested for a long time.
    Combining the others wouldn't make any sense however.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; armories are a pain to maintain when trying to upkeep them as you have to travel back to your base with EACH character just to make changes to your loadout and gear. I only use my armories for gear and keep a separate armory for each outfit, as I got tired of them glitching when I wanted to imprint a loadout with gear and then had to do it step by step. I think the devs should first streamline access to armories by either giving us a bot to make changes on the fly or have it as part of the style/loadout UI to make changes on the fly from those menus.

Hmm...

You do realize that role gear is specific to roles, right? If a controller wanted to use a generator that is set up for a healer, that controller would not be very effective, as that controller would lose the boost from dominance and if Affinity mods are used, that controller would lose that boost as well. Same goes for a controller using a generator set up for a tank; the controller would lose the boost to power and vitalization. IF player characters could use any gear from any role, THEN it would make sense to have separate generators link to armories to change roles on the fly, as the character could change role gear on the fly. Also, consider that using an artifact with linked generator/armory loadouts would be tricky, as many of the better ones are role specific.

Your idea would best suit a free player who is willing to grind, in my opinion. Free players only get 2 free character slots, so they would benefit by having access to all roles via armories. I think that would come at a cost, though, as the upkeep to the generator can be very costly to free and premium players; don't count on the devs to have that type of role flexibility free and easy to get.
  17. Kestral Committed Player

Pretty sure they were talking about the possible multiple bases belonging to a single character not bases shared on a full account between multiple characters.

Doesn't sound like a good idea for the player base however as it would basically force players to purchase more than one base per character just to keep up.
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... *nods*

Even if that is the case, what sense does it make for one character to have 4 bases with separate generators, each with a separate role build tied to your armories and your character can only effectively use 2 roles?

I agree with you about the added anxiety of having more than one base to keep up, especially since bases don't go on sale as much as other MP items.
  19. wisetoons Well-Known Player

You really do not need to work on your armories, just stick to your current generator, it is good anyway, but i want to spec and print my armories regularly, i dont want to spec troll with dps elite affinities active with my single generator.
  20. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Here i am trying to explain why we need additional generators, your post is about modding them. Can you play both of your roles active now? or you just need to choose which elite affinities you can use on your armories. Prec dps elite affinities are really useful on when you are tanking elite raids?