So, is Brainiac gone? Or. ...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by High Troller, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Didn't they hint in the Anniversary event in one of the collections that Brainiac had a battle against the Anti-Monitor? It seemed like that was a subtle glimpse on things to come but they might just be done and over with Brainiac as things stand. To be fair when you first play DCUO you get a lot of Brainiac so in a way it is refreshing to maybe fight other threats anyways.
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would still like to see them bring back Brainiac with a variation on the Armageddon 2001 comics storyline.

We have our powers because of exobyte technology, so what if Brainiac survived in one of us and we didn’t know it? It could be an episode where we’re on the run from everybody as the Iconics try to round up all the exobyte characters and contain them until it can be figured out. Iconics infiltrate our bases because that’s the first place to look. League Halls could likewise be a target.

You have a few trusted friends (other players and league mates) willing to help you find a way to solve the mystery on your own; but the grand finale in a raid sees one random member of your group become the final boss as Brainiac takes them over and asserts himself (your style pieces changing to show you as a hybrid of yourself and Brainiac). Hope you brought two healers in case one of them goes rogue. And hopefully Brainiac wasn’t hiding in the most powerful DPS on your team.

The episode specific augments could also feature a risk / reward element as each level introduces more Brainiac code into your character raising the chances of power glitches and mind control in certain fights.
    • Like x 1
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

at some point the legion is going to come back in time to ask us to help fight pulsar stargrave.
    • Like x 2
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I really hate when this happens. Don't you?

• Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Muwahahahaha.... Brianiac is never really gone. As long as even the smallest bit of circuitry survives he wills his consciousness into that and waits until he can find the means to rebuild. Of course that just means Superman has to beat his into a pulp AGAIN.

Here's a thought how about we time travel in hook up with Brainiac 5 the sort of human version that is an actual super hero? okay maybe not. We have to keep those bad guys bad.
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

Normally you respond with very long stories. You're losing your touch.
  9. Caroline Dedicated Player

I reaaaaaally miss those days, ugh, it was so much fun!
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just didn't seem necessary here LOL
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

All I can think of is five dreaded words that we'd hear in my pen-and-paper super hero game when the GM would indirectly tell us that we'd probably be seeing a particular villain again:

"NOBODY could have survived THAT!"

:D
  12. Controller Devoted Player

He's currently getting his bacon saved by his future girlfriend.

Just don't tell Clark.
  13. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Unless you're a lantern, then you got your ring lol.
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

16. the solowing Steadfast Player

i think it be cool for like the final cutscene for the game, where we jump into like into the multiverse which they imply we are going to the current WB timeline of DC
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

I kept saying in 2011 "Future Batman survived." Players called me crazy back then, but then Future Batman pops up out of nowhere.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why wouldn't he survive following Luthor? He growls "I'm coming after you!"

I can't think of any reason to believe he didn't survive. Why would anyone have called you "crazy" for noting the perfectly obvious, which is that there was zero reason to think he wouldn't survive?