Will we ever get a Bonus Marks of Valor PvP week/weekend again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 12, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Considering that there's no fix coming over the horizon, you just basically voted no to the bonus week. I'm sure the players that would like this will thank you. ;)o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He was asking if people wanted a PvP Bonus week....it's well known that players want a PvP fix, that was not the OP's question.
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

Maybe, maybe not. But, my point on it stands -_-
  4. Jensu Well-Known Player

i like this idea, they could do something like LPVE when they give you X10 for every win on your counter.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

To be honest and fair, I (and other players similar to me) have already completed our PvP suits and been capped at PvP marks for nearly two years. Double PvP Marks for us is the same thing as not having an event at all, because we do not receive any marks. Zero times two equals zero.

I think these events were great before.

I do not ask for any of the mythical "PvP fixes" because I realize that nobody will ever truly agree on what "balance" looks like. The losing players will always have something to blame.

But personally, in my experience and from the other players whom I know in game, the biggest thing that killed PvP was not some sort of mythical "balance" issue. It was the exhausting of all rewards. People played PvP when it had rewards, regardless of what the "balance" looked like. Just the same way you see people face-smashing their way painfully through raids even when they have a broken mechanic, or doing the Episode Bounties when the thing has a bug that is insta-killing them or causing them not to receive credit until they score multiple kills. Players play for rewards first, and fun second.

So double marks does nothing to motivate any of your PvP fans to return to playing PvP, because they still are receiving no rewards. In contrast, even without double marks, every time there has been a new PvP gear set introduced, there has been an immediate uptick of PvP running hard, as those players jump straight back in, regardless of whatever complaints people have about PvP and without the need for a special event.

If you want a PvP event to be successful, it would have to come with or following an introduction of the CR102 PvP set. You can't double the rewards until there are rewards to be doubled.
  6. AberrantAngel Committed Player

While I'm maxed out on gear and would have no need for this. I would vote yes. There are plenty of people playing that still need these feats. This would help to get them done. So yes anything that benefits the community as a whole I'm for.
    • Like x 4
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They've been consistently telling us "no plans to fix PvP" for over the past 5 years. What exactly do you need to hear before you believe that there's no fix on the way??? o_O For people who are desperate to complete PvP styles and get more feats, a bonus week would be a blessing...even in it's current state.

To demand that a fix be applied before people can get these benefits they want/need is rather selfish and shortsighted. As pointed out in this thread, a bonus week like this would also be beneficial to give people more talking points to illustrate the exact problems that need fixing. You may feel that the problems are pretty obvious or has been pointed out in exacting detail, but it never hurts to get a refreshed view on the situation. Either way, people need this, and there's no logical reason to deny them this...especially if we want to generate more interest in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A PvP event could still be successful because there is a large population of players (a lot of them CR jumpers) who don't actually have these style sets or a large portion of the feats that come from PvP. You have seen people on the forums complaining about how hard it's been to get PvP queues to pop. You and I may not need these marks (or too many at this point), but i'm pretty sure there is a large enough pool of players that could actually benefit from an event like this...including players who can't afford to buy feats from Time Capsules and wouldn't mind trudging through PvP for some feats if they could get queues to pop. A new style would get the faithful to run stuff...but an event, even bereft of a new style would still get participation from people looking for some feats they don't have right now.
  9. Malivic01 Active Player

No thank you.

Bonus marks for PvP a serious waste of time and only benefits low level players.

Pretty sure there several PvP 'trade wins' chat channels that are spammed in lfg and shout each day.

Bonus PvP is an absolute waste of time, I apologize.

Players still missing those feats are truly unmotivated and catering to a featless PvP crowd with no self initiative seems rather redundant.

So maybe do something actually worthwhile, like double nth again
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think many would as A) they need the 101 gear or B)they need to get runs complete for feats and PvP could use the boost in traffic to help get those done.

Personally I would not benefit from it as I'm full 101 and have only few PvP feats left, but I wouldn't complain if others got the benefit....heck I could use the week off....these last 2 bonus weeks are wearing me down.

You will get complaints though from those who are 101 and don't need feats as "what's in it for MEEEEEE" will happen, so have fun with that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

My point is that anything that brings more attention to PVP can only help in getting fixes for it. Also, the lack of attention to PVP by the devs infers to me that they don't think it's a worthwhile time investment because hardly any players care about it. For me, Mepps' comment underscores that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

I don't know. I accidentally salvaged a few pieces of the 100-gear a few years ago and then the rest when I was missing only one item (cant remember which one it was) so I need a whole 100-set again and then the 101. So I'm not doing that the way pvp is right now.
    But others like to see it, so it has my vote.
    • Like x 1
  13. Samantha Christiano Active Player

Double Marks Week arena and legends will be a great!
  14. Solarbound Committed Player

You say all of that, Khalon. But, here's the problem as I've been telling you after all of this time; it's unacceptable.
  15. ACLife Active Player

I want it more than anything. I don't just want it. I Need it.
    • Like x 1
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Most of us didnt get anything out of the Dark Gotham event either. So I dont really see that as a legit excuse for not doing a PvP bonus event
    • Like x 1
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Legends characters are still broken yet no one is complaining about this weeks event. Not many posts about how Legends should have been fixed first
    • Like x 2
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

We're talking PVP, not PVE -_-
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

Personally I say go ahead warts and all. We all know PVP has issues but until there's interest in PVP it's hard to justify any resources on fixes. A PVP weekend would atleast get people who started in the last 3-4 years aware that such thing exists and maybe start to spark some interest.
    • Like x 3
  20. Samantha Christiano Active Player

It's not about what's broken. It's about getting the gear for styles and getting the count feats done. Can do all that in legends PvP.
    • Like x 2