Devs: Dim Ink 2020 Transparency please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Malivic01, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Malivic01 Active Player

First, congratulations on becoming an independent studio. It seems to be accompied by some enthusiam and excitment, and for that I will remain optimistic. It also does bring to mind some questions and concerns

.So, now that dimensional ink is their own studio, what does this truly mean for us as a player base?

I'm merely asking this because now Dimensional Ink is working on a new title. My concern is how will this affect
    DCUO in the very eminent future? Consistent players can attest to the release of DCUO on the switch and the correlation of the game suffering as a whole for the better part of a year. So should we players expect our game to suffer, again, now that Dimensioal Ink is working on a new title? I didn't expect Dcuo to suffer while being ported to switch, but it absolutely did.

And my second question is, where, when and what are the new powers?

Jackster has stated he like to see this game have the lifespan of Everquest. I don't see new artifacts providing enough excitment to being a legit replacement to the enjoyment of multiple new powers being released simultaneously.

So let's talk new powers because another 10 years or even one more year without a new a power is going to be a major disappointment.

And speaking of disappointments, another prominent issue is Legendary Member perks. Membership perks have really fallen short for loyal paying monthly customers who have supported this game for nearly a decade.

Also, are we ever going to address LPVE? Before revamp, Lpve wasn't awful. Now, LPve is absolutely terrible.

What was once occasionally somewhat fun is just awful. How did a great idea that was exciting and executed fairly successfully; bizarre/huntress, and again circle/ww (i bought ww immediately), become a now brutal chore that I refuse to participate in? (and, unfortunately, most players speed hacked the farm feats anyhow, which I also refuse to partake in)

And will PvP ever be addressed? I remember when PvP was more popular than pve. Those were good times. Now PvP is more frustration and exploits than anything. I feel sorry for the players shouting 'trade wins,' for the simple reason, you'll never experience DCUO when it was at. Its best.

(And fyi Jackster, Pvp is Like Field of Dreams. If you build it......)

So what are the goals now for Dcuo, moving forward? One year goals? five year goals? ten year goals?

I can't speak for everyone, but I would like to see a successful DCUO that utilizes monthly membership and a dedicated player base to improve upon what we have.

Gg ty
    I appreciate
    • Like x 15
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Agreed, it would be nice to have some sort of statement on the devs directions, vision and plans for both the game short term and long term and what plans there are to address some of thorny issues that have been around a while like broken pvp.
    • Like x 5
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

I want new powers, Fix PvP. Devs wut? I'm sure you will get the same response.
    • Like x 1
  4. Draconiano Committed Player

Still waiting.
    We need some honest, real and live answers, not dodgy ones.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pinky Well-Known Player

I'll say this. I've avoided buying anything from the marketplace for a long, long time.

If and when the devs fix PvP and when I say fix PvP i mean bringing back the rock, paper, scissors mechanic, and also balance all powers so that they are more or less like the golden years 2011-2013 of DCUO's life, I will immediately purchase $1000 of Daybreak/Dimensional Ink cash from the marketplace to celebrate.
    • Like x 2
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

All things we definitely deserve to know if the DEVS truly expect us to stick around over the next decade, if that's even a realistic goal. Anytime, DEVS. The sooner such questions are answered, the better -_-
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

I'd be able to get back to mauling heroes on Roll in Chinatown. I miss that Warzone..
    • Like x 1
  8. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Looking forward for some answers made by devs. Defo looking forward for new powers that can bring in some fresh feeling.
  9. Snowy OwI Devoted Player

I wish they bringed back old contoller mechanics..the revamp one made me abandon controlling entirely and I used to have Only controllers.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

Their first move was to launch BoP episode 2 months after the films, and the film was a flop (I enjoyed it).
    Also another move was to release the Oracle TC with shady unannounced moves and that fugly style.

I don't know what else can we expect but I wont be expecting much.

The devs are not being clear about the direction of the game, the membership perks are an outdated joke, we need new habilities and iconics if now new powers, there is so much that the game needs like proper cosmetic releases on the mp instead the tcs...

I feel like they are not taking this seriously and expect us to keep paying for suscriptions, artifacts stuff and time capsules just for the sake of it when the game quality in the last 3 years is not what it should be.
    • Like x 1
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

All solid points.

One thing I truly miss is the roadmap for the upcoming year. It built a LOT of excitement even though the natives would get restless if time estimates weren't met. Between that and Friday Night Legends we could get a decent amount of info on upcoming projects, things the Devs recognized as issues, discussions with the player base on what we felt were issues, etc. Today we pretty much have just the forums where the VAST majority of requests like these go unanswered.

-A revamp on Legendary Perks is something I've made mention of in the recent and far past. There are so many things that could be done. For example:
    ---Double the monthly SC
    ---Go back to Legendary members getting the content a day or three before the Freemiums
    ---Give Legendary folks the ability to solo queue into group content (as long as they are at least 3 tiers above the content) after waiting in a queue for 2 minutes (after they are in it could allow others to queue into that instance)
    ---Reduce cost of gear by 10%
    ---Reduce cost of TC's by 50% compared to Freemiums
    ---Certain styles, auras, etc available only to Legendary
    ---Certain solo missions in each DLC that only Legendary members can access
    ---Bonus to marks from completing content

I list these as examples of what could be done (whether alone or in any combination) to increase subscriptions. I'm sure there are other ideas out there as well.

-The death of PVP (including LPVE) is a dead horse. It feels good to get it out but it's literally been years since we've even had a new set of PVP gear, much less any positive word along the lines of "we are actively working on a PVP revamp and expect to have something on Test within the next 6-12 months".

We can't say they are neglecting the game because they are still doing bug fixes and churning out new content, but it wouldn't be a far stretch to say they are neglecting the player base through their fewer interactions. Doing videos for new content is great but it's not really a 2-way conversation. How about a monthly AMA similar to the weekly sessions Mepps used to hold?

With the lack of focus on half the game (PVP) my hope is that this move away from Daybreak at least means they will be keeping enough of their own money to hire enough staff to create more content for each DLC. While the group content they released for Metal 2 was fun, there was so little of it and the solo content that it became a grind within a couple weeks of release. Ideally I would like to see the DLC's more along the lines of Episodes 28 & 29 (Age of Justice and Riddled With Crime):

----2 4-player Operations
    ----2 8-player Raids
    ----2 Duos
    ----At least one sandbox (if not out in the open world) with a hub containing at least 4 dailies and at least 2 weeklies (maybe make one weekly a boss requiring only a 4-man team while the other requires the current zerg-fest even though I abhor it).

TL;DR - more content, work on PVP and more transparency (including two-way communications/AMAs)
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I've been stashing away all the money i would have spent on the game since the revamp.

i've saved a lot.

late last year work slowed down for me so november and december, part of january i had a lot of free time and the game provided me with a cheap means to waste time. now that i'm back in my busy season and working 50 and 60 hour work weeks i find myself not really caring. used to be i would rush home and play every free minute i could spare. the past few weeks ive been logging on and lagging out. tired of the metal 2 content, nobody seems interested in running the last few dlcs worth of elite rids to finish up those vendor styles and feats. I run the stabilizer duo, the seasonal and thats it.

It is what it is. I insanely love my characters but theres really nothing to do and nothing to look forward to. PVP sucks. egends PVE is boring and slow, PVE is boring unless you cookie cutter.

Whatever...
    • Like x 1
  13. Pinky Well-Known Player

Agreed.

Now I pretty don't care one way or another.

Dimensional Ink knows what to do if they want my money.

Fix PvP, fix PvE legends, come up with new and interesting content - NOT Rehashed zones.

Until then, I'm spending my money on other things that are actually worth a dime.

Peace out.
  14. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Everyone has solid points/ideas. I seriously doubt you will see a serious response from a dev...nothing more than some dumb gif
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not at all. Same building, different teams.

No new powers are planned right now.

What would you like to see changed?

No LPvE plans right now beyond potentially adjusting feats.

We do not have plans right now for major changes to PvP.

For this with any sort of detail, you will have to wait for a producer's letter in the future. We do have plans for more features, systems, and of course continual content. In one, five, and ten years, the goal is to still be developing the game and its content much like we are now.
    • Like x 10
  16. Draconiano Committed Player

Wait, this time for real?
    :eek:
    • Like x 1
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its been two years since water, how much longer do we have to wait
  18. Brav Well-Known Player

Any "Hints" on what type of new features and systems?, Pretty Please! :p

I'm sure we would all like to know or at least have a general idea of what they may be. I know I do and I am certainly curious. Any clues would be helpful and would give us something to look forward to. Thank you in advance. :)
  19. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

You have to think of it logistically as a whole and then you will know that DCUO will never see another new power EVER! Why may you ask that, and how am I willing to bet so much on it? It is a simple break even analysis, when you think about all the time spent by not only the designers, but the programmers as well to create unique animations, ability interactions, damage and support role calculations you are looking at devoting the resources of the entire development team to create a new powerset which would more than likely take the time of normal episode production duration so in that 2-3 month span there is no new Episode development only a powerset and when that power would be released players will pay a whole $10.00 to switch to the power. That's it..... All that production time and internal testing for maybe a few thousand active players to switch and try the power. So $30,000 in revenue for 2-3 months of work against all the fixed costs of running a studio? Where instead they could devote the same amount of resources into creating an entire Episode which would have multiple pieces of new content for players to spend replay badges on, items from the NPC's you can easily transition to a Time Capsule release for even more revenue like orbitals, supplies, styles and accessories.

It makes absolutely zero financial sense for DCUO to ever create another power, the same way it makes no sense to revamp PvP because the resources are better allocated in a smaller studio elsewhere.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Glad you asked, list of everything that should be a membership perk along with a new reward scheme.

• Access to all DLC Packs
    • 150 Free Replay Badges Monthly
    • Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks
    • Unlimited in-game currency
    • Inventory Slots
    • Free Daily Vault Access
    • Form a League
    • Character Slots
    • Broker Slots
    • Bank Slots
    • Trade Items and Cash
    • 500 Daybreak Cash or Loyalty Points
    • Ability to Purchase Legends characters with Marks
    New Benefits
    • Monthly Award of 500 Quarks (this gives subscribers at least one ultra rare from the quark vendor each year)
    • 4 pack of Seals of Preservation
    • Zero Cool Down on all Map Warps.
    New Treasure Chest System
    For every instance run, including old content a Treasure Chest drops that can only be opened by subscribers, within these treasure chests you put exclusive cosmetics, seals of preservations, nominal sums of quarks, source marks and seals of completion (being rare)

This encourages people to run all content in the game allowing the queues to pop more readily and spark life into the other areas of the game abandoned without pushing progression to escessively but giving veterans reason to run old content.
    • Like x 27