REMEMBER WHEN THE BROKER...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

just 2 - 3? bro you are doing something wrong, i can climb at least 10 in 1 day
  2. MiracleChild New Player

[/quote]
    1) I remember.... when you had to buy the actual game. I think I bought the disc for $60... and what do you know? After that I still had to pay for a membership...

2) ... when you had to roll for loot that dropped after final boss fights.

3) ... it actually took ages to level up your CR. Not like today where you can basically rank up 2 - 3 CR in a day.

4) ... there were no "event" , "regular" or "elite" level raids.... seemed like every raid was elite level. Thus it was so hard for PUG groups to complete them.

5) ... when Exobytes were the latest thing. It was all about blue and red stacks and everyone was farming Gotham and Metropolis for them.

6) ... the power trees....

7) Before there were daily scheduled maintenance times... the game would sometimes just go down without any proper warming and be off for ... what I recall ... to be days at a time. I often felt that they should have extended our memberships by the number of days the game was offline... but they never did.

Great times! ;)[/quote]
    I remember all that perfectly well, along with being able to put tier gear in your shared bank for your alt. Try spending $100 on collectors edition of the game then they going free to play ‍♂️. Ironically enough I use the bat drone in place of robot side kick in few of my load outs lol
    • Like x 1
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Pffft...I remember when they were TEN CENTS :p :p (Yup...I am "Older Than Dirt Man!")
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

How about those 6 hour FOS 2 Runs? and GU3?....and let us NOT forget "The HACK" followed by years of newer players complaining about those of us that got the "Back From The Hack" feat :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Could probably blame the Scrap of Soul Cloak for that, IMO....

If they had those options still present in this game AS WELL AS the Scrap of Soul Cloak we'd be able to basically Supercharge ourselves through the toughest parts of raids....8 players with SOSC's leveled up high could break raids.
    • Like x 2
  6. Controller Devoted Player

I personally miss the Green Lantern Hardlight Wall

[IMG]

PLEASE Mepps / Devs - "IF" you tinker with the powers again PLEASE bring back this beautiful hardlight construct.

Simply replace the Personal HL shield with this if you do.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

THE BEST:

BEING CUPID ON THE VALENTINE'S DAY EVENT trying to do all of those jumps...

Heck... I can't even find pics of this on the internet.

It has been collectively.. and willfully.. forgotten by the world. :p
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Remember when buffs used to be different variations?

One was precision.
    One was a proc.

One was a might boost.

Also remember when powersets had alot more crowd control effects back then? I do. I fell in love with gadgets because of that and intimidation.

Good times.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

A quick Google and YouTube search yielded the following:

Wow... I'm glad I wasn't playing back then. The seasonal looks like it takes FOREVER in that video.
    • Like x 1
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I"m not buying anything from vendors though.... just via what I get through drops via dailies, and applicable instances. The rare times that I have, my CR boosts a lot. Normally... 5 at most? 2-3 on average.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I only had two characters at that point, and it was something of a chore to run both of them through that event. :confused:

Can't say enough about how glad I was when they went the "keep it short and sweet" route with all the seasonal events after that.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Remember when the worst exploit in the game was the Clown Box. (multiple times!)
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Remember we could hit block over and over without a 5 second delay
    Remember when Striker Island was the hardest t1 alert
    Remember when very few groups could pass the arc in Inner Batcave
    Remember when we no mods for gears
    Remember to do our solo missions, we had to go to multiple terminals in WT/HOD, then run to Metro or Gotham and to the instance.
    Remember there was no t2/t3/t4/t5 etc solos
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

OMG... Those two vine guys... :mad:
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah... that was one of those alerts where a player couldn't re-enter a boss fight once they had died. (I'm glad that's since changed)

For the battle with the Rogues... I remember being the only one left fighting Captain Cold and Mirror Master after my other three teammates had died. Everyone assumed I'd die pretty soon, too... but I kept on going. After a few minutes, it seemed I might win and all the other players started cheering me on in the chatbox from the other side of the door. I'd like to say that it ended with the door opening and my three teammates rushing in to find my character still standing amidst the fallen Rogues.

But it didn't... I ended up dying and we had to start all over. ;)
  17. Unida Dedicated Player

remember when pvp was fun
    remember when raiding villain safehouses was fun
    remember when devs would spawn enemies in watchtower?
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Other way around. Stats Revamp (GU73) took away SC generation from the barrels. Scrap came in later and made it easier to build it.
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I never saw that. Sounds like fun though. Were these bounty level enemies or just random crooks like in the police stations?
  20. fm0987 Committed Player

I remeber that a couple times, it was extremely laggy (ps3 anyway), don't remeber exactly which boss or bounty it was tho.