Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

The people with their billions will still buy out op item catalysts and control the broker! I dont care about a money wipe or tax, but the broker needs a limit, POINT BLANK! The rich people in game will still get all of the feats which by the way; should not be based on RNG and also will have the OP BELT OR WHATEVER IT IS COMPLETE TODAY AS SOON AS THE GAME IS BACK ONLINE TODAY! All from ill-gotten money!

Edit: i stand corrected, they will have the feats and op item completed tomorrow as the broker and cash emailing will not be up until then!
    • Like x 6
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I feel the taxes should be 10% - 25% more for tiers 1 - 5.
  3. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps,
    Is this actions going to effect all the servers or just the USPC/PS?
  4. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

This is total bs. I have been playing this game for 9 years and I have spent tons of real money over the years and made all my cash legit. I have never cheated, used any exploit, never bought or sold cash out of the game from another user or gold site and I have had over 25 billion between all the toons on my account for well over a year, long before this cash glitch was even an issue. So now you are saying because a few people cheated I am going to lose all the cash I earned legitimately for years and everything I earned and worked for? That is not only not the least bit fair but that is straight up thievery. I have never done anything wrong and am being unfairly punished.

Wow you guys dropped the ball and spent way too long not even acknowledging the problems and let it get way out of hand and now you are punishing hard working people who had nothing to do with it. I plan on taking action and if you expect me or anyone else you are screwing to ever spend another dime on this game again then good luck.
    • Like x 7
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Thank you Mepps & Dev Team for these actions you have taken.
    I am Sure these Measures were not easily decided upon.

Personally a No Mailing Money and Lower Broker Cap would have been on my list.

Again I Thank You for taking these Tough Decisions.
    • Like x 2
  6. Marih New Player

This will fixing nearly nothing....
    What about actions against money sellers, they´re spamming the chats all time for YEARS....
    If you don´t find a way to shut them down, there will always and stay the problem, in one way or another.
    • Like x 2
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Just because something is popular, it doesn't mean it's the best course of action. Check out what artificial price caps do to an economic system. You need to have elasticity.

Agreed, I was thinking double would have probably been about right, perhaps with a few more levels in there...but I don't have the top down view of what's totally in the system that the devs do. We'll see how it lines out.
    • Like x 1
  8. Awsome Well-Known Player

I vehemently disagree.

In fact, the cap should be completely removed. and everyone should be forced to use it (i.e. remove cash in trades).

Imagine how much money would be pulled out of the game if every 5B item sold was on the broker. IF we are ever able to get rid of all the duped cash, that one sale would be more money than what can be created from more than 30 toons in a year.

My point is, removing the cap is one of the only ways of truly regulating trade and currency.
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Lowering the broker fixes nothing when they have effectively let a lot of people off the hook again. Wait until the new episode items are released from account bound. Next TC will be back to items instantly over a billion again. There is no reason anyone should have or even need 10billion in this game let alone have it be in the lower end of tax brackets lol
    • Like x 2
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Good luck with that. You agreed to the Terms of Service.
    • Like x 9
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

They will assuredly be back today as some of them have probably commented on this thread! Lmao!

Edit:They will be back tomorrow with a furious vengeance and strike down thee with cash for 4.99 per 100 milli...lmao!
    • Like x 2
  12. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Thank you, Development Team, for having the foresight and wisdom to not employ many of the draconian "caps" on the amount of money able to be earned, listed, or traded that so many of the vocal minority were clamoring for.
    • Like x 2
  13. Walvine Well-Known Player

No fake currency on my account unless the npc vendors are in on it lmfao.
    • Like x 1
  14. Awsome Well-Known Player

you will be only down to about 22B You are losing approx 3B
    • Like x 1
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah I have no problem stating that I have right at 5 bill. I'm going to lose a whooping 250 mill. Oh noes, whatever shall I do? I mean, seriously that is nothing. Same goes for peeps with 20 bill. They are going to lose like 5 billion and be left with 15 billion. That is more money than any player should ever need in this game. lol.
    • Like x 9
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow.
    • Like x 11
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Especially when you have people out there who didn't perform the glitch themselves but had enough money to take advantage and stockpile over a trillion and spread it out over multiple accounts. And gold sellers have barely been handed a surface wound as they also have the resources to maintain multiple accounts to do the same. Is a few hundred bucks in extra subscriptions from exploiters worth another incident down the road?
    • Like x 5
  18. Marih New Player

Of course they will be back in no time, and thats the problem. Some taxes won´t solve anything, or am I wrong?
    • Like x 3
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 14
  20. Siramez Well-Known Player

Mate, you are not affected as this fix is going to affect to those who made fake cash within a day or a week. You are overreacting too much.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.