Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Honestly I think your wrong there. I don't think the issue is account banning. I think the problem is how much cash can be acquired by players, and how quickly. I play Star Trek Online for example. There are no Gold Spammers in the zone chats anywhere. And Spam from them via mail happens less than 3 times a year at least for me. But Cash in that game is much easier to acquire. I can spend 10 minutes on a daily called "Tour The Galaxy" which is a timed race of sorts through the 2 main universe maps to hit a list of specific star systems. Finishing it completely can net you well over a million credits. So even partially finishing it can pay well. In a day just doing missions I can easily earn well over 3 million credits. Either from direct cash rewards or dropped items to sell. And with items I can usually double that if the RNG is kind.

Gold Sellers in this game would vanish nearly overnight if the games Cash rewards were increased. And the F2P cash cap raised to something reasonable. $2k is stupid low and the developers know it. As I have said before. Even EA doesn't restrict that hard on cash. And in SWTOR their F2P cash cap recently increased from 350k to 1 million. Low yes but still a lot better than it has been in the past. There comes a point in a Live Game where the games rewards need to match the effort. And I'm sorry $20 for a mission that ends in a named Super-Villain fight is just stupid. Fighting Joker, Lex Luthor, ScareCrow any of them even at low levels should be a 6 digit cash reward at minimum.
    • Like x 4
  2. August Moon Well-Known Player

even if there is people will be more reluctant to buy them . in an econmy where you cant make that money back as fast as you used to and where a billion dollars is the same as 50 cents people will definitely be more cautious in what they buy. you wont see any tycoon buying billion dollar items or if they do they can only do it 22 times. the same dummy that put all that cash up there will be losing more money than what hes making back . but all this will only work if theres no cash sites that can profit off this change
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah newly created accounts with those kinds of items and money should have been hit too. Also even older dummy accounts should be traceable where you can see how much game time they have and when/how they acquired all that wealth. But it's probably not quite as easy as we expect it to be
    H
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I hope you're right but I think you're putting too much faith in people to dismiss what happened during the glitch from their minds. In this community, regardless of the the fact that the price of a "item X" used to steadily be between $30M and $50M, once their eyes see "WTB item X $400M" they greedily won't accept a penny less.
    • Like x 3
  5. player077900 New Player

I Still say Cap the broker at 500mil or what ever , make cash available to all our toons like qwarks are And Block money trades between players. This stops Gold sellers and ridiculous broker prices or people buying up all the OP stuff to trade for cash or resell at silly prices.
  6. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment. I play Star Trek Online almost exclusively with DCUO as a side when I need a distraction from blowing up klingons. Cash Cap there is 2 billion. I've twice now been able to hit that cap several times in just a hand full of transactions. Selling ships yes, but still it's possible to do selling the right items. So if he did have over 22 billion then he may well have earned all of it legit. And given supposedly how short the exploit was in effect before the restrictions came into being very little of his wealth would have been tainted. If that is the case, his anger is more than justified. Perhaps not to the extent expressed but still justified to some degree.
  7. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

there are recourses that can be taken leagal it just takes more money than what it is worth
  8. Cara Lace New Player

Point blank..... I did nothing wrong, I was not aware of nor would I take advantage of such an exploit that ultimately is YOUR FAULT. If I get on tonight, and you touched ANY of my money in game. You will lose a loyal player with over SEVEN YEARS of membership AND I will council EVERYONE I know to find another game. PERIOD.
    • Like x 2
  9. Marih New Player

Sry, but LOL.... When did you play STO last time? They´re even under the curse of Goldsellers, maybe even more like here. They have the same issue with the broker there. Well, for an example a Keldon K6 cruiser for 280.000.000 or more? Yeah good one...
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Geez, the most cash I've ever had in all my years of playing is maybe $150,000,000. Which is why I could never afford any high-end stuff.

And I've certainly always been a lot richer than many other players. This whole economy has been a debacle for many years, unfortunately, long before this last super-exploit.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

well, yes, and the changes might address the exploit but do nothing whatsoever to directly address any other contributory factor.

but whatever, all the "rich" people got to keep their "hard-earned" monies so....
    • Like x 4
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Barely any money is being taken though. So all the billionaires will still buy and sell at the same rate as before. Just wait until next TC if the devs haven't done anything else yet. Yes trillions have been removed, but that was all basically taking the extra gravy off the side of the plate when there's still a heaping amount left on top of the mashed potatoes and a full gravy boat(items) on the table that still hasn't been touched.
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, because someone's gaming choices are totally gonna be swayed by "don't play this game because in the event that you become super-duper-ultra-mega rich, there's a slight chance that you might get knocked down to just being super-duper-ultra rich".

Bye Felicia
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

By playing the game instead of playing the market. I know plenty of people that are fully geared with op/400+ sp that barely use the broker. Trade in league or grind. Hell, I'll happily give away something rare to a league mate if it makes us perform better.
    The main thing no one seems to be realizing, the dev's can't fix the player bases greed or, sorry to sound harsh, stupidity. We could fix our own economy but "we" chose to continue to make it worse. Don't buy the expensive items. Make them waste their broker listing fees a bunch of times. Flood the market with reasonable priced items. If trades back up, keep the stuff out of the wrong hands.
    Money glitch aside, the players "ruined" this game, not the devs. I've never gone above $100mil and I've never needed to. I'll grind, it's ok that's what the game is about. Play it, relax, have fun.
    • Like x 1
  15. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

Those Damn Soda Cola Machines were in on it LOL :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Dwarf1701 New Player

Monitoring the broker. Monitoring chats (shout) in HoD, Gotham, Metro, LFG, JL, and where ever else for pesky seller bots. I believe, MEPPS, that selling in game cash to help my fellow DCUO gamers and myself, is a good idea. Blizzard finally did this idea years back and had an similar issue. However, people are rather clever in working around the system and that idea sort of blew up back into their faces after a while. No best laid plan is never viewed in a good light. People will find a way around the plan. Yet, we'll help out the DEVs as best as possible, on the front lines, MEPPS. The only concern I have, as of right now, isnt anyone concern to know. We'll keep on playing this wonderful delight of entertainment
  17. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I play STO daily, and I haven't seen a single Gold Seller spamming Zone chat in years. And Like I said I maybe get 3 of those spam emails in game from them a year. From my prospective, and my experience STO doesn't have anywhere near the same problem as DCUO.
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Not even sure how to respond to posts like these
    • Like x 1
  19. The Nightwing New Player

I never blamed the devs

Still it’s a really bad fix because players who legitimate made 24 billions are going to be punished

But people who had nothing and made 24 bi using glitch are still a billionaire after the proposed fix

Maybe it’s not your way to play but you need to understand that ppl play in different ways

For me personally this game is about stules, but I know a lot of people who grind only to get stuff and sell and get rich,

People are different you know
    • Like x 3
  20. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

The Devs have acknowledged that 99% of the player base did nothing wrong, however so much money was put into the games economy, that almost everyone ended up with some amount of the fake cash on them. Gained though selling things on the broker at the insane prices that peaked before the closure. As such their hitting everyone in order to take as much of that fake cash out of the game as possible. I don't agree with the method as I said earlier in the thread. But I understand their thinking. And it makes sense.

Guy walks into town with 30 bags of fake cash totaling over a billion dollars, Over time that money gets spread around. And by the time someone realizes the money is fake everyone has it and even though their complaining about the stupid prices of bread and milk. They throw a fit when someone comes by and takes all the fake money away.

That's the situation the game is in currently.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.