Shut Up And Take My Money!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Same could be said for people spending money for auras but auras are unlockable.
    • Like x 1
  2. Marek Committed Player

Exactly ... why aren't they? Why is the material collections the most valuable? Why is the materials the most sought after and the most valuable? What do people (more than likely) spend the most money going after materials but the auras are unlockable?
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

...because materials work differently? As stated before. They are kept in an entirely different menu from the usual styles tab. Maybe there is a way to make them unlockable but that may involve having to make a lot of changes and I don't think they're going to bother with that.
    • Like x 2
  4. Marek Committed Player

You may be right but we'll just have to agree to disagree. When as much money is blown on trying to get them ... it's easier to just say they work differently and it cant be done but that's just how I feel....
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Can you preview gear before you buy it? Yes. Can you preview auras before you buy them? Yes. Can you preview hair before you buy it? Yes. Can you preview weapons before you buy them? Yes. Can you preview materials before you buy them? No. Why? Because it doesn't work like style pieces.
    • Like x 2
  6. Marek Committed Player

All that is very true but it still doesnt change my opinion on the matter. Just because you cant view a material may or may not have anything to do with it being an unlockable style
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

should just let the "unlock" send you mail of said material. example -unlock glowing material- mail, glowing material in the mail. i agree, however to avoid ppl cash exploiting them with lowbie alts unlocking it for $, the unlocked versions should be bound to the character that unlocks it.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they devs wanted to make money reselling you a material you have already collected, they would. There's no conspiracy here, they just simply can't do it or can't figure out how.
    • Like x 2
  9. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

THIS!!! THIS IS AN EXCELLENT SOLUTION!!! So simple but so effective! Spend a wad of Daybreak Cash on the "Materials Unlock" option and then "You have new mail." Go to your mailbox and TA-DA! The material you have already collected on one character is now available for collection on this character.

Daybreak - PLEASE! make this happen! (And also, just add ALL of these materials and auras to the Marketplace so ALL of the players that missed out on them can get them, too!)
    • Like x 1
  10. Marek Committed Player

How would they resell a material I already collected that's different than style unlocking? How much would they sell it for? However much money a person spent trying to get it in the first place?

You choose to believe them when they say it cant be done and there's nothing wrong with that but .... I dont. I believe they would rather have your alts buy stabilizers again and try to get the material again rather than unlock it for a few replay badges
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They could simply set the number of replay badges extremely high. 500 to unlock. 2000 to unlock. 9000 to unlock. Whatever.

Absent a technical issue, there's no reason they couldn't milk materials for as much as the market would bear. Which brings up the point that, alternatively, they could simply put materials on the marketplace at $20 per character, or $50 a character, or $100 a character, or whatever, one would think.

I don't know what the optimal money-making price would be, but if it's possible to sell materials on the marketplace, it would seem to be one possible option to both meet the desires of customers and MAKE.MONEY.FAST.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Software glitch double post. Nothing to see. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along. Move along.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They would cost around the same as auras. The prices for unlocking are based on their rarity.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If we look on the Booster Vendor... the Materials are much more expensive then the Auras.
    1574 Quarks for an Aura
    5174 Quarks for a Material

350 Replays for an Aura
    So... roughly 1150 Replays for a Material?

At roughly $10 for 350 Replays.... a Material would cost roughly $30?
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Just wondering....

Why did you not get them Materials and Auras while they were available?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The early TC Materials were rarer than the TC auras. Look at the price of the Booster Bundle exclusive auras that are available for unlocking. Materials would be closer to those prices.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Booster Bundle Auras are not available to unlock using Replay Badges yet.

All we can do is compare with Prices on the Booster Gold Vendor.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Booster Bundles 1-3 were in Phase 1, Booster Bundles 5-6 were in Phase 2.
    Edit: I just asked someone in-game, OG Auras cost 500+ Replay Badges.
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

nobody needs any auras here and bringing them back isnt a good idea
    • Like x 1
  20. Marek Committed Player

That's all well and good and possibly could happen but I just cant see it happening. When they can make 1000's of dollars more than likely selling stabilizers vs unlock the things with replay badges .... imo, I dont see it. If I'm wrong then great but until then .... I hold my view point