The Boys

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Oct 6, 2018.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

A new teaser for Amazon’s The Boys gives a first look at The Seven, a major superhero team in the show’s universe.

The teaser, which appeared at New York Comic Con, takes the form of a promotional ad for Vought International and shows The Seven in action.

Based on the longrunning Dynamite Entertainment comic book series by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, The Boystakes place in a world where superheroes are viewed as celebrities occasionally with dangerously reckless results. The CIA tasks a group of superpowered individuals known informally as “The Boys” to make ensure the heroes are kept in check. The team is overseen personally by Rayner, who eventually becomes the Director of the CIA.

Co-developed for television by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the adaptation was originally optioned by Cinemax before the premium cable network passed on the project. After Rogen and Goldberg’s success at developing the Ennis comic series Preacher for AMC, the adaptation was then ordered straight to series by Amazon. Rogen and Goldberg are expected to direct the series pilot episode.

RELATED: The Boys Showrunners Say Series Wouldn’t Exist Without Preacher’s Success

Based on the comic series of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, The Boys is developed for television by Eric Kripke, Evan Goldberg, and Seth Rogen. The adaptation stars Karl Urban, Elisabeth Shue, Erin Moriarty, Antony Starr, Dominique McElligott, Jessie T. Usher, Chace Crawford, Nathan Mitchell, Laz Alonso, Jack Quaid, and Karen Fukuhara. It is expected to premiere on Amazon sometime in early 2019.

2. Azreaus Committed Player

Looks interesting, really hope the don't tone it down too much :D I am wondering why A-train is now black??
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You got me hooked just by listing Urban as a cast member (and a villain at that) :D
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Amazon’s The Boys, The Seven Strike a Pose in New Banners

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, is Urban's character supposed to be British? o_O
    Still waiting for the 'Dredd' series
  7. Azreaus Committed Player

you really have to ask that?? he uses the words "w@anker" and "to$$er" a lot (which is a very British thing :D )

also why is Wee Hughie now in the US?? he's supposed to be a scot o_O
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's not that unheard of in both Antipodean countries, was going by the accent not the words
  9. Azreaus Committed Player

have you read the books? it's quite clear the Butchers one of us by the way he speaks
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't read a book, a proper book, in over twenty years
  11. Azreaus Committed Player

[IMG]
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nope, made the mistake of reading "The Number of the Beast", and then getting angry when reading bad things happening to people and not being able to do anything to help them

One of the last books read (and not even able to finish it), was a fantasy book where a woman was forced to sleep with some arzehole to save her husband (or something), not exactly the 'r' word, more like 'forced coercion' where she did it 'willingly' butt only because sleeping with the arzehole was the lesser option

Heck, there are some TV shows and movies will not watch if know ahead of time something bad like that will happen (and will stop watching if it happens when didn't know it was going to happen), other times will pretend (and cope with what happened) managed to save them 'off-camera' (and if not save the victim, then get to 'play' with the perpetrator after they are lead away)
  13. Azreaus Committed Player

fair enough

still want to know why Wee Hughie's not a weegie in the TV show (race bending A-Train is fair enough because of Hollywoods need to have 'diversity' and stuff).
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No idea what you just said...
  15. Azreaus Committed Player

weegie is a local slang for peeps from the fine city of Glasgow :D
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh right, a Glass-wedgie :p
    Nah, Glaswegian :D (heh, even the spell-wrecker knew that, still doesn't like a wedgie though)
  17. Helderman Dedicated Player

GOT level of gore. Pass.
  18. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Read the Omnibus #1 (Issues 1-14) and I enjoyed it but know it is not for everyone.
    There were some parts I laughed at pretty hard and other parts I was pretty much shocked how the events played out.
    The gore is heavy, even in the book so I am curious how far they will go with the series compared to the comic.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you miss what the Speeder did to that guys girlfriend? o_O
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

And from what I read in the omnibus that scene in the trailer is nowhere as graphic as other parts in the omnibus.
    Heck, it's even been changed from the book. Certain elements were kept but the shock value is still there.
    I don't want to state any of them though and spoil it for anyone wanting to read the books or possibly even watch the series.