The Boys

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Oct 6, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It looks great, anything with Urban in it has to be a solid winner, butt... just not into gore (not even if you roll your R's like a certain town :p)
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this one is definitely not for the young folk.

this looks wildly well done.

almost a shame the best live action version were going to see of the justice league lies with their duplicitous duplicates.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The reviews are starting to release.

4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

Watched till ep4 so far and I'm really enjoying it so far (have a few minor niggles but they don't ruin the show for me).

Also the look on the dolphins face as it took flight cracked me up big time :D
    • Like x 2
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Same here, some things I see they have changed but that would have added more backstory they didn't have time for.
    Overall, I am really liking it so far.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i liked it. wasnt as awesome as i was hoping it to be but not bad. they deviated big time from the comics big time but i also finding myself liking characters i didnt really care for in the series. well done. cant wait for season 2.
    • Like x 1
  8. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

At first I was like...ok...they didn't change that much.... and by the end they changed quite a lot.
    Honestly, there was a lot I figured would be changed due to special effects costs.
    But it worked imo and I will be awaiting season 2 to see how things progress.
    And there are a lot of points they never touched on so there is always future seasons for that.

Best scene for me was the Dolphin. Still hurting from laughing so hard on that one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Azreaus Committed Player

Finally finished all of it and overall I liked it, hopefully they'll do Herogasm in S2.

Props to the actor playing Homelander he really caught the "psycho hanging on by his fingernails" vibe.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

that was a jaw dropper and a high mark for putting something in the show that was so over the top it could have been in the original series (cuz if it was i dont remember it).

i found myself really loving maeve. i love the opening scene where she stops the armored car and saves the two kids. i totally want amazon to give me own super hero tv show now.

even more so a live action Authority series.
  11. trashman805 New Player

This was a good series can’t wait for season 2 I still get the chuckles just thinking about the dolphin scene
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Yeah, I hadn't seen it yet when Azreaus mentioned it above and when I saw that scene I had to rewind it a few times because I thought it was funny as hell.
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Anthony Starr’s turn as Homelander is what totally makes the show.
    The menace he exudes by just walking into a room is palpable. You can tell that both hero and normie alike are generally just trying to get out of a room when he comes. The casual implied terror of his presence is in the reactions of all the other actors with him. The show also deviates from the graphic novel origins regarding The Boys' origins, the recruitment of Huey and Compound V but that twist at the end was spectacular. Season 2 is a must
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

shouldn't the mothers who let their embryos get shot up full of v develop some superhuman abilities of their own even if just temporary til the birth? some sort of metahuman defense mechanism? they actually share blood and stuff.

maybe vought doesn't care as it was outlined all these women were people that could easily be forgotten...but then explain Annie january whos mom volunteered for said project even though compound v is supposed to be this highly sensitive and secretive thing. howd some wannabe stage mom in nowheresville usa get turned onto it? how did she survive birthing a supe?

i can also get that maybe these guys didnt want to waste the cash just giving a little to the expectant mothers so they can survive childbirth, in the comics a shot of the ole blue was like 17 billion dollars, but then why also only go after "undesirables".

wouldnt it be wiser to shoot superhero drugs into little babies with good pedigrees and genes? why would you waste hundreds of billions of dollars on the products of teen pregnancy, are ay pee ee (spell it out that word is banned here), in(this word is also prolly banned here)cest all of which have much higher risk potential for mental instability and physical defects and abnormalities.

why even deal with living people at all? couldn't they have done all this work on test tube babies where they could have selected the best candidates for progeny? a little genius egg here, some olympic athlete sperm there, shake it up with some compound v and *poof* the worlds greatest superheroes. it only took element x to get the powerpuff girls...

this leads me to wonder what happened to madelynes baby during the finales explosion. she was pumping out insane amounts of breast milk in the series opener...maybe it was laced with a little c.v. explaining homelanders insane lust for it. for a sec i even figured she was using doppleganger again but with butcher setting off the bomb anyway...

i keep bringing up the mini series "Brat Pack" as recommended reading but this time if anyone is looking for dark and twisted super hero satire a lot that goes on in the Boys makes me think of Martial Law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshal_Law_(comics)

this one was a guilty pleasure in the late 80's and early 90's. it is not for the weak of heart. these guys go after everyone.
  15. Azreaus Committed Player

From what I saw they weren't administering the V during the pregnancy but after the child was born which should cut down on the risk of the Mon's developing powers and causing peeps to questions Voughts "chosen by God" PR line, as for using the "low profile" kids it would reduce exposure to the press/net if some random runaways kid croaked after getting V'd up compared to what would happen if a famous persons kid croaked.

As for the test tube/lab raised supes they did that with the Homelander and look how he turned out o_O, they mention in an episode that research shows that the supes grow up better when raised in a family home (only the mother was specifically mentioned which ties into them using low classs/expendable women as brood mothers).
  16. Neph Dedicated Player

The Deep was a joke; his character is what I’m glad DC didn’t do with Aquaman. The whole scene with the girl fingering his gills was a bit much. I see what they were going for but it didn’t work. It wasn’t a vagine, it was more like his nostrils. The thwarted “r@p3” scene in the alley was a bit much, not a real scenario. Jerks don’t do that out in plain sight, they take the girl to a house or an equivalent ad try to take advantage there. I rolled my eyes. I didnt care for Translucent’s character. I did like the fight scene with him and Butcher. The boys were just there to help push Butchers story arc along, meh, the most entertaining aspect of this series was Homelander and Elizabeth Shue. I liked the series overall; and look forward to season 2!