Confirmed? DCUO coming to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, May 23, 2019.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

• Like x 1
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yay more resources to waste and stretch thin....
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They gotta stop with these clickbait titles man.

Even from what I've read on SJ's "interview", nothing sounds like she's confirming the game will be coming to switch at all. If anything, it sounds more like something that they would like to do.

Even the article's own quotes contradict the whole "confirmation" shtick that they are trying to make lol!

"The decision to do so came when she and Daybreak Austin CEO Jack Emmert began discussing the challenges of bringing a game the size of DCUO over to a platform like the Switch, before recognizing that it could and definitely should be done. "

Again.... It sounds like they want to do it, but nothing's been officially confirmed.

4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If I were Daybreak, I'd seriously hit these guys up about the way their articles/interviews are being posted because this isn't the first time that they've falsely reported something on the way to the game.

That alone is damaging not only the site's credit as a news source, but also Daybreak's decisions with DCUO.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Or you could just keep reading. Doesn't say "might" get to try it again. Doesn't say "We're thinking about this." Assuming these interviews took place, they're doing it. They wouldn't have had two high-ranking people from the studio have an interview on what might happen.
    • Like x 3
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

CBR is a well known and long running comics news site, but I have no idea if this news is accurate. I do have to say, though - this news could explain the dev team’s sudden interest in new tutorials and a universal messaging system. What new players were they worried about?
    • Like x 4
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Read more carefully, the article does confirm that is coming to switch.
    • Like x 1
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This.

And also.

Well damn. That's amazing. And also also. Guess DCUO isnt quite as dead as the pitchforkers make it out to be.

Time to wipe the dust off my switch.

Also also also.

Says coming this summer? So soon @Mepps? :cool:
    • Like x 4
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

"DC Universe Online, by Daybreak Games, will come to the Nintendo Switch this summer"

So?
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You didnt read the whole thing. Do that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I looked around, trying to confirm it, and I brought you this.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

No cross-play. :( Which means it will end up like the Xbox port. Low population.
    • Like x 5
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Idk. Hopefully not. I feel like f2p games do well on switch. Also the switch still is lacking in true AAA games and games in general so less competition might help. I mean when DCUO was released back in the day it was definitely a AAA title.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Sad news
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What about a character copy from PS4?
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It would be nice if that were true, considering it would mean more revenue for Daybreak and help the game, but this is somewhat of a niche game and if they don't promote it well it wont do well. The XB1 port was promoted okay and had a huge population jump with all the PC/PS players trying it out, but I don't think that will happen here.

I wish they could do crossplay, it would be good for everyone with more population.
    • Like x 2
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

True. We'll see what happens i guess. Cool news still nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it'd be more appropriate to say "third-party AAA games." Nintendo's own first party titles are nothing to scoff at in terms of sales and quality. It's pretty easy to imagine Sony and Microsoft literally salivating at the thought of getting those on their systems whenever talk of Nintendo going software-only pops up every so often.

As for cross-platform, I think it'd be one of two reasons why it wouldn't happen. One, Nintendo has their own online service running for their system now and may have some rules in place making it difficult to get something going in terms of cross-platform play. But that can fall apart a bit because (last I knew) Switch allows cross-platform play with PC and X-Box on Rocket League.

Two? Sony is saying no, which is easier to imagine considering it seems like getting Sony to do cross-platform can be like pulling teeth (thinking about all the Fortnite kerfuffle).
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

It's probably Sony. And I'm thinking the fortnite fiasco too.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Unless Mepps or anyone of daybreak actually confirms this, I will not take it seriously...