PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Logged on last night, played for about twenty minutes, crashed out again.
  2. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm beginning to actually lose interest in the game because I keep crashing so much. I thought about running my toons through the endgame event and just didn't feel like dealing with it today.

When I did log in, I got the error message right away. Apparently, if it doesn't finish sending it when you crash before, you get it the next time you log in. So I tried to restart and ended up with two instances of the game going. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

I
    I've noted that too. If the "report box" on a prior crash didnt operate, when you try to log in the next time, it pops up the white box from the prior freeze, which would not be that bad...except it tries to log you in when it does so. And since you were trying to log in already, you get overlapping logins which can crash the current attempt to log in and "disconnect" the second one. On the whole, considering the problems out there now, it's a second rank issue...but another issue nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

It works when you only attempt to login once. What happens is that before the game launches, the crash report opens, if you close it, the game will normally launch.
    It does not work though if you hit the "play" button multiple times :)
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe last night's PC client hotfix should have resolved most of these crashes. Please let us know how it goes.
    • Like x 3
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I've got my fingers and toes crossed. I'll let you know when I've logged in and run for a bit. *pleasepleasepleaseletthisonework*
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My game crashed when Browsing styles again.
    • Like x 1
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Restarted my computer after this message was posted to ensure I got all the updates installed but unfortunately I just crashed again (about 1 hour in).

EDIT: The crash report wasn't even able to connect to the server to send the report. All other things connected to the internet are fine so it's just DCUO that had a hard disconnect.
  9. iNeoN Active Player

Just crashed...
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I was able to see the humor in it when it first started happening but I'm starting to get pretty annoyed by it and I do understand that finding root causes for issues can be hard sometimes. But when I see that fixes are put in for cosmetic things that don't affect game play then I do get more annoyed as game breaking bugs should be prioritized over non game breaking bugs. And yes, people will say there are different teams working on different things but being unable to play a game I pay for should be more important than cosmetic fixes. Going into a PUG raid and clearing all the adds (10-15 minutes) and then when you go to the first boss the client crashes and you pretty much have to start all over again. Can't say I'm a happy camper.

The only things that keeps me going are my crash reports (if I can send them):
    Q: What caused the crash?
    A: I turned around in the watchtower

A: I invited someone to my group

A: I phased to the watchtower

You get the gist but it's not funny to me anymore.
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

For me it can be random at times but the last crash after the new fix was the usual culprit...its when I stay like in the HoD with other players for too long. It usually rears its ugly report when I either use my UI after some period after or I try to warp away to anything after being among players in the HoD...and both examples are after being in the HoD for at least like 10 mins.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the continued reports.
    • Like x 1
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Crashed after a half hour of playing. I'd just zoned to my base, used the soder vendor, and was moving across my base to my bank and it crashed. I played multiple toons for very short periods of time during that half hour (I was updating the generator battery).
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Aaand crashed when login to character menu..Seriously..:mad:
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe the crash fixes worked-ish. Instead of crashing where you were before, it's in a different but similar spot. We have made this fix and will be testing it for an earliest possible release.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, Thanks for the update Mepps, I laughed at "Different but similar" what is that? does that mean we're crashing 5 foot away from where we last crashed? :D
  17. Rainnifer Committed Player

Thank you. I've been trying to tell myself that even if the fix doesn't stop all crashing, it's hopefully stopping some crashing instances, so eventually fix after fix, the total crashing will be diminishing?
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The same but only different. ;)
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Game just crashed switching characters
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I admit I lost interest in playing after the first crash, so I haven't played again today... but that crash happened where the majority of my crashes happen - soon after I zone into my base and am moving toward my bank or soder vendor.