#Increase escrow cap to 1mil:D

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8K3n, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

At this point you're off topic, further conversation will be had with you on the topic, if you discuss that.
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

Lol, now I see why people say dcuo is way more toxic than other mmos.

You come up with a idea to improve the game for the better, you get attacked. That is worse than kicking players out of an instance for no reason or calling others names.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

No one ever buys? Who said no one ever buys them? Is that the case because you subjectively don't?

I don't find there to be anything shady about that purchase, it's clearly what was advertised.

It seems you object to the term "free to play" as well, like if some of the game is gated behind a paywall it's suddenly not actually "free to play" anymore, despite the fact it's completely free to download and play the game, just not all of it; again this entire concept of "free to play" is not unique to DCUO, despite your attempt to demonize them like it is.

The reality is DCUO is actually quite free to play in comparison to numerous other titles that also claim the same free to play status.

Interestingly of course and as you've already stated your biggest problem is the "repair issue" right, so tell me if the repair issue was the real reason the $2,000 cash cap is an issue why have people requested a cash cap increase for 8 years, despite the fact you claim the increase in repair costs has only just become unsustainable?

Are you sure there's not some other reason you want a cash cap increase? broker perhaps? eeking out a bit more value from your limited purchases.

You'll note the OP, even in the title of this thread, wasn't asking for 10k, they were asking for 1mil. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

1k - 2,5$

2k - 5$

even if I had to pay 10$ for 1k

as long as they were permanent just like exactly the same way I brought the dlcs.

From a schadenfreude point of view, I really hope DBG really implements those three options permanently. I want an onslaught of premium players dumping cash in buying the 12 of $10 dollar perma escrow bump, or a dozen of the $5 dollar perma escrow bump year in, year out until this game's death. I want premiums to buy any and all dlc packs that comes out for $5 or $10 bucks and hopes DBG pumps out six to eight dlcs a year.

I want DBG to reconsider their stance on powers and release a few new brand new powers @ $10 bucks a pop (free for members). I also want DBG to expand and make three, four or five new powers for each of current powers, release them all at once and sell them each for $7.99 (free for members)

I want any premium player to come to the forums and say they spent a $120 in perma escrow bumps with the year and the additional 12k bump is not enough for anything in game other than repair gear.

They buy one or a few temp escrow tokens because they just had to have that high dollar aura, material, etc unload any of the items from assorted time capsules thats released, booster bundles included, to they can use all them millions of dollars.

They buy one, two, three dlcs, how many floats their boat. They spend $120, or well over that in a year (tcs and booster bundles not included) and are still pissed because they spent just as much as a subscriber and still cant get the perks, or any special gifts for being a subber. "But I spent $160 bucks this year, thats more than an annual sub cost and I still have a crappy cash limit and no perks like they do. wtf thats not fair" I want those tears funneled to the Sahara so we can turn the desert into a grasslands and forests like they were 10s of thousands of years ago or some such.

Bottom line is... All that could be avoided if they were to just. fbombin. subscribe. So yeah, bring on those permabuy escrow tiers. I hope they sale half as good as TCs and Booster Bundles or better.
  5. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I stated plenty of time that I don't care about the broker and I don't see a 10k or even 30k stopping you from buying and selling things over 10mil. Well, you really like assumptions cause your question forced me to.
    Well, I can show a video of a dude laughing at those options if you prefer, if you prefer over my assumptions still for the question you ask, there is no way I cannot answer without using an assumption. Unless if I say I'm a premium player and I don't buy and you a legendary and you also say you don't buy(can I assume that, you may them a bunch).

About your second statement, could give examples of your statements to give abit more consistency to back it up:
    Very interesting indeed, well I wonder, maybe because of the prices raise? Just saying if the repair cost raises, shouldn't the escrow too? Why is it raising in the first part? Is more easy to raise escrow to downgrade every single thing to a price where make 2000cap is ok. And if there were a lot of players requesting a cash cap increase over 8 years, doesn't that mean that there is a problem? Or is just my assumption hitting new levels of assumptioness?
    Yes, I was asking for 1 mil, because it has more impact. Did I ever expect to have 1mil cap increase? Naah, but that never my point, my point was to show that a slighty cap increase wouldn't hurt anyone, but instead be beneficial to the game and hopefully make something happen.
  6. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Oh boy, I notice that little touch of irony in there. The point is, anytime I want that unlimited cash I can just buy member. Wanna kick of some tc feats? Month1:Buy dlc, Month2:A new tc came out, buy Member Month3: Need abit more money to repair the linear increasing repair cost gear? Buy perma escrow token. However I decide what I do and how to do it.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

But you see that's kind of flawed because what you've admitted to doing is exaggerating your request in order to try and make your real position (if that is even genuine now and not just a classic case of backtracking) seem more reasonable instead of simply relying on your position being reasonable in the first place.

I think the truth is you would like millions of dollars because it allows you to participate in the broker system, I think you've just under estimated the potential objection you might have received from the community, particularly subscribers who see you simply trying to move in on a membership perk without paying for it.

Also just because a request comes up over and over doesn't mean there is a problem nor does it mean it's something that actually needs to be addressed, when you have something like a cash cap in place people are naturally going to request over the years that their limitations be removed, human nature simply dictates that people want to get as much as they can for as little money as they can.

The motivation behind these sorts of requests are simply the customer wanting more for less. despite the convenient argument being driven about the "repair cost" issue I personally and again this is my personal opinion find that to simply be a convenient scapegoat or excuse to conceal the premium players true motivations for wanting a cash cap increase, because the solution can obviously just as easily be 'reduce the repair prices', but that's never the suggestion put forward, that's the truly telling part in my opinion.

Even by your own admission you've admitted you wanted 1mil, beacuse it has more "impact" you keep saying it won't hurt anyone, again once you start to diminish the membership perks where does it stop?

Again I find it rather interesting that you continue to advocate the cash cap increase rather than the repair price reduction, it's all rather telling.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

If memory serves me right... I believe many, again I could be wrong, were wanting an increase on the cash cap was to play the broker before the first wave or two or so of cash glitches. Buying and selling collections. I remember some Arkham collections, Class A, Superboy plaque rubbing, just to name a few were going for a 100million. EASILY. People were farming machines during this time. Premiums wanted in on that action, without subbing, and some really werent interested in buying temp escrow tokens. When gear mods were introduced in the R&d update, anything mod related was going for huge money. Oan masks, Kronos hands, that oan back pack style, Big time money.

Then it evolved into J.G Wentworth "Its my money and I want it now!" for just because etc. Then the cost creepings once more dlcs started coming out and gear repairs were creeping up. Some sucked it up and subbed. Some sucked it up and managed accordingly at premium. Some probably said f it and walked away for a spell... who knows.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Maybe you read one of my 4 options available? I will put the reds the ones that implying a 1mil or more increase
    Here let me grab them back for you:

So the 5 possible options I gave you only 1, I repeat one implies more then 1mil.

I'm pretty sure we repeating this but, I will grab what i wrote some in first few threads:[Dam that search took time;_; Is just to big!]
    Whatever I will write it again, The 1mil number was to give more emphasis, nothing more nothing less, if you can't understand that there is nothing I can do. My objective was never to reach the cap to 1mil but to fix the problem at hand, the incapacity of repairing gear or if possible the ability to craft necessary trinkets, like chronoemitters and dumpening fields cause they are essential. If you didn't realize the own Leroy thing was a joke, to ridiculed how terrible this is for gameplay.

Well gaddly found this one:3 [IMG]
    The first time you die you already reaching the price tag of 2000$, so yeah, if I die I pay $2000, seems working as intended! Ready for more years to come!

10. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Some made post and got this very funny response (Man i should make an album on thoose)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Others like me tryied and tryied to make the game even better;_;
    Here is a previous thread I created to show my true intentions, well since this is history it seems that shows my true intend? Maybe?
  11. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

So if repair cost is all you do care about, how about raising the escrow for repairs only and still having the cap as it is on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Funny enough I also gave that option:3 Its the 2 options as u can see:

I will add one more, options:
    • They could increase escrow, based on the amount of membership months you already have.[Even thought I don't like this option much, adds benefit to membership]
  13. JKwak Well-Known Player

i hope Daybreak reads you post thats actually a reasonable compromise

edit: and i want to use my DBC to buy something for my friends, Daybreak promissed us a feature like this years ago and it never happened
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Actually after testing this is factually incorrect and incredibly misleading

I just died once after having freshly repaired gear, the cost to repair the items were as follows
    • Helmet $92
    • Mask $93
    • Chest $94
    • Back $94
    • Waist $85
    • Shoulders $83
    • Gloves $85
    • Pants $94
    • Boots $96
    • Weapon $93
    Total Repair expense = $909

I went back and died a second time to see what the repair bill increased to
    • Helmet $176
    • Mask $177
    • Chest $187
    • Back $179
    • Waist $170
    • Shoulders $167
    • Gloves $170
    • Pants $179
    • Boots $191
    • Weapon $186
    Total Repair expense = $1,782

One piece of 205 Green savlage gear sells for $3,832

One 6 pack of soders costs $900 but sells for $630 - so each lot of $2,000 will net you $1,260

A piece of gear from the vault sells for $1,400

If you managed to get a stack of 99 soders together it would have a sale value of $10,395, this would be enough to cover around 11 full repairs of your gear.

So as you can see your whole "OMG it's so hard, in fact impossible to repair" is just hyperbolic nonsense because what's really a foot here is you want more access to cash without paying for it and I think you want to be able to play the broker. edit; that and you want the frustration removed so that you no longer feel compelled or motivated to give Daybreak any money in the form of a sub or escrow tokens.

You want to play and pay what you want without experiencing the advertised limitations of those choices.

Of course if you go down more while neglecting to repair you're going to make life really more difficult for yourself but that's the price you pay for refusing to subscribe or buy escrow

Also chronometric emitters and the like aren't necessary they're desirable and if you want them, subscribe and pay for them or trade, nothing stopping you doing that.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Hi ya folks! :) Not going to lie here, the money cap is the ONLY reason I subscribe:) Why? I mean think about it, if that cap wasn't there I'd simply buy all the episodes, previous AND future. Buy me the extra character slots, powersets, ect and really never have to worry about not being a member. The only thing I would lose from doing it that way is my membership monthly replay badges and Influence. I buy RB's weekly anyways tho.

But let's be fair, Daybreak needs to make money and the membership route is the BEST route for it. I'd be cool with no escrow limit but we'd be killing the game quickly. Because then, not that they're terrible or anything but the time capsules would be DCUO's one and ONLY source of CONSTANT income......Imagine the things they'd have to start putting in them in order to keep it that way....;)
    • Like x 3
  16. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

You either don't tank, or you don't know what you talking about, well Obsidian had a point I guess. My first example initial example was clear and in a raid if you do elite you die twice cause of safe point. Well, guys we just lost the tank healer also died but we got this!

So yes 1,800, almost 2000 is pretty close. Well for your line of thought mods when they were real didn't matter either? Following the same line of tough, white mods aren't a necessity? Following the same line taught? Well, my intentions were very clear when I even showed a 2years old thread asking for what I'm asking today, here let me grab the link for you once more:
    But once again if you want to keep insisting whit that thinking, that naah is fine, even having people saying well I wouldn't mind, it really hurts the game.... The fact is premiums can only do vault 3 times a week, so vault options fall short especially if you already sell that on 1st raid. If you try to pug it, for the elite is impossible to not wipe more then 10 times and even if is on regular you aren't assured to not wipe a few times, even though the regulars versions are a complete joke in some raids.

If you sell your usually green gear you can't buy it back. Plus as premium you have 42 slots of inventory, if you do 2 more sets of gear pvp + pve support role.
    - 14 slots wasted for pvp gear
    - 14 slots wasted for support roles
    - 6 slots wasted 3 artifacts for each role
    - 1 slot wasted whit latest tc capsule
    - 2 slot wasted whit chrono emitters and dampening fields(as a tank i need thoose)
    - 2 slots wasted whit boots and neck white mods capsules(is always good to be able to change between them depending on the fight)
    Could I fill the 3 slots left to put a stack of sodas? Not really, I always need to have at least 1 spare in order to collect gear. However practically I need to have 2 slots spare. So well let's say we just have a raid whit 3 bosses.

We kill boss 1, the first slot gets filled, we kill boss 2, the second slot gets filled we kill boss 3, 3 slot gets filled. Well, where should I put those sodas, delete them after killing 3 boss, but if boss dropped a collection? Delete the gear?

It just feels you don't want to accept.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If you opt to do those things (i mean, 2 sets of pvp gear, seriously?) then you should live with the consequences.

You are proposing things that are good for the premium player. You haven't shown how they are good for Daybreak.

See, you can't have it both ways. It's either:

A. The escrow cap isn't a big deal.

or

B. The escrow cap is a huge deal.

If you argue A (not a big deal), you're saying that premium and subscribers don't really view increased cash as a huge thing, so it won't negatively affect subscriptions. But, if it's not a huge thing, then why does it matter? If it's not a huge thing, then it also has next to no impact on whether people play the game or don't.

If you argue B (a huge deal), then you're dipping into subscriber perks. In other words, by making premium more desirable, you're basically telling Daybreak to market to the premium model and not to subscribers. Why spend $120 YEARLY, if I could spend $60 TOTAL and have a comfortable playing experience?

Premium members don't spend some exorbitant amount of money on the game. People trying to get significantly increased benefits because they spent, like what, $100? When a majority of subscribers have spent 3 times that or far more? And you know what is ironic? The MOMENT those subscribers drop their sub, they also have a $2,000 escrow cap. It's called living with your decisions.

P.S. - We've already talked about a better solution to the gear repair problem. (eliminate or reduce repair costs) The thing is, it's been raised several times for years, so I doubt the devs will do anything about it, but we can hope, I guess.
    • Like x 3
  18. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Finally a decent post. [Im on Phone so abit limited]
    [I gave the wrong impretion 1 set not 2 set of pvp, my bad I was saying 2 sets 1pvp 1pve]

Well for the first point, like shown previosly Daybreak increased their revenue by 700% when they became a trully free to play game. So you ask, why should Daybreak increase escrow or even remove it? If escrow is the major factor that leads possible customers away as a company its of maximum importance fact to have in consideration. So yes there should be max interest from Daybreak part. After all the loss of players imply money loss.

This reminds of League of Legends, they made a very popular mode called URF, it was so good that aton of players after playing it to their full heart desires, would drop the game. So later we had this rotative mode system and guess what mode never came back, they even directly said it.

Daybreak doesn't lose nothing in giving it a try, if i remenber correctly they "gave it a try on removing progress points in elite" and it went allright. So giving it a try, in allowing everyone to repair their gear or increase the escrow, shoulnt hurt them much. If doesn't work they at least can say, Its a solution that didnt meet the values were expecting.

So back to your post so increasing escrow/pay escrow increase, diminsh membership value, but paying each dlcs separately doesn't? Gotta explain that better?
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your friend being someone who works at???? Daybreak? If not, his speculation is worth as much as your knowledge that you cannot play DCUO without using Steam....and it's probably as accurate.

And yeah, I do believe in sales tactics...and yeah, it could be all smoke to make us think the game is healthy with lots of subscribers, but again all this is speculation unless you have some 'in' at Daybreak. I personally know 5 or 6 PC players who picked up on the lifetime and 2 or 3 others who did not feel it was worth the risk....so I know they sold 5 or 6 at least. And BTW many of the PC players I know do NOT use Steam, so those numbers will NOT show up for you.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So they increased their revenue by 700% by adopting the current model we have now? OK. So what's the problem?

Again, you're repeating the same fallacy I mentioned earlier. If you say "escrow is the major factor that leads possible customers away" then it also translates into "escrow is a major factor in why people subscribe." So... "Daybreak doesn't lose nothing in giving it a try," becomes false. They likely lose many subscribers, who opt to go premium because it is cheaper but still gives them access to everything the need to play the game comfortably.

What's the difference between escrow and buying individual DLCs? Well, thank you! You just proved my point.

Premium players can choose to purchase and play the content for a fraction of the price of members ($9.99 vs. $15-$30). So why would anyone subscribe to the same content? Because it's comfortable. Having no escrow is a big part of that. Daybreak doesn't lose subscribers under this model because there are several restrictions in place to make not subscribing an UNATTRACTIVE prospect.

The problem is, you're trying to make being premium ATTRACTIVE. This would only profit DCUO in a no subscription/totally micro-transaction focused game. This is the only world where premium players would feel happy and free players would say, "hey! This game is awesome! There are no restrictions so I won't quit!"

Reasonable free players understand that by playing free, they will have to deal with restrictions. If they enjoy the game, they will stick around and likely choose to subscribe. If they don't enjoy the game, they will leave. But not because of the escrow cap. Because they don't enjoy the game. If this makes them leave, the amount they would ever spend is minimal or non-existent.

Subscribers understand they have temporary access to all the perks provided by membership. They only retain these while subscribing. Premium players opt for a cheaper, a la carte route, where they may pay as little as $30 a year (let's let that number sink in for a bit). Do you really think Daybreak wants to make THIS the attractive option?
    • Like x 4