The hybrid problem

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thorant, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorant New Player

So hi guys i just came back to the game since quantum update.

The problem is i see the powers changed a lot so if you want to choose a mightpower you are actually a "caster" wizard style if that make sense.

I want to play a bit of both some weapon some might so i was thinking to go hybrid and i want to try make it work.
    I saw few people reccomend mental/sorc/water/rage and i tried Electricity but is not for my style so now i rly want to try Rage or Celestial or even Mental hybrid or even precision specc.

1. is preccision pure weapon base and u just use buffs?
    2. i whould more of a mix so i guess hybrid is the choice
    3. which of these u think is best? rage/celestial/mental/atomic/water? "currently rage"
    4. dont curse me i just came back and i try to make this work.

peace and love.
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

to tackle these in order

1. precision for the most part applies to weapons but certain powers like nature, electricity, water, munitions will also benefit because they are "cast" or accuracy based powers where you're aiming with the abilities' effects. weapons like: hand blasters, bow, martial arts, and rifle/dual pistol will also be effected slightly by amount of stat points put into precision doing slightly more damage as these are "aimed" weapons.

2. it depends on role really, only healers and tanks really benefit any from hybrid and even then certain things like dominance and the 25% extra power back in super powered will better benefit tanks and healers anyways.

3. going with precision water out of all of those would probably be your best bet since quite a few of it's abilities (aqualance for example which is a literal thrown spear) rely mostly if not solely on precision. nature or munitions might also be a good try as well since those also rely on hitting the target or otherwise are advised to use precision weapons/powers.
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

How does aqualance rely on precision lol?
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Soooooooooooooooooo much wrong in this post.

1. Abilities rely 0% on precision.
    2. There is no such thing as "aimed" abilities in general that - as I said - rely 0% on precision. Either abilities or weapon combos do damage at/around your target or around yourself. There is no aiming.
    3. Of course weapons like HB, DP, Rifle etc benefit from Prec. Because...they. are. weapons. And they don't benefit "slightly". Precision is literally the only thing you can spec into that benefits weapons.
    4. There are no accuracy based powers in DCUO. If they are within range of a target, they hit. There is no chance to miss, if you use an abilitiy at your target when you are within range.

5. your point 2 is actually somwhat true. congraz! Hybrid is atm most useful for some support roles, not so much for dps.

6. Aqualance is a might based ability. The bonus it gets from precision is literally 0%. Water has exactly one precision abilitiy - and it's a precision buff.

7. Comment about Nature/Munitions is also bs. "hitting a target" has nothing to do with the precision stat. smh.

@ OP: Every power has a Weapon Buff ability. Besides that, most powers behave the same for Precision Based (pure weapon - white - damage). Powers that have additional benefits like pets or stealth usually perform a bit better.
    Water is strong because of one ability: Riptide, because it can remove the Cooldown of Pressurize (waters weapon buff). This is useful to utilize Artifacts, especially Venom Wrist Dispenser.
    As for your mentioned powers you would like: For Precision, I suggest Mental or Water. Mental has Stealth and a supercharge that buffs weapon damage as well. Water, as I mentioned, has Riptide and such the ability to keep your VWD-Artifact buff up almost all the time.
    Wouldn't advice to go rage precision. Rage's mostly combo-based. Same with celestial. And usually if you are fully precision specced with the correct artifacts, an ability-combo is a dps-loss when you could have used your weapon combos instead.
    • Like x 4
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im sorry what?
    • Like x 2
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

1. i assume munitions can probably miss, you can miss if you're not using autolock, and powers like impaling thorns can actually miss. keep in mind that npcs/bosses CAN dodge or evade and some powers do have a critical miss chance.

2. certain weapons can indeed miss as hand blasters have shown, as can powers like impaling thorns. plus again there is no aiming using autolock, however you DO have to aim with that off.

4. again this is false there are some powers that can miss and some weapons that can also miss depending on circumstance.

6. so you're telling me the literal SPEAR a thrown weapon is might based? then why does water as a power even have a precision buff? seems rather pointless no?

7. it does depending on powers/weapons as my point 1-4 pointed out.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/precision-based-powers.284827/
    and a pre-water thread on precision powers, ;) you're welcome.
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

why does water have a precision buff if none of it's powers benefit from it?
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'm tired and sorely lacking enough coffee right now. Instead of insult you I figured it would just be easier to add my thoughts to your statements.
    • Like x 1
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

thank you. rather spooked me for a minute, i was wondering if i was hacked XD. though my point does still stand, certain weapons/powers will miss even with autolock targeting on and especially with it off.
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

1. Yes. Prec is for weapons only. No powers are prec based anymore.
    2.Hybrid gives a 10% might buff. Weapon expert gives a 10% weapon buff, but a -25% power regeneration. Hybrid might work, but imo I would use superpowered or weapons expert and just play as a hybrid.
    3 celestial and atomic wouldn't be good using weapons. Those powers are mostly combos using powers
    4. You know this population well. Hope this help
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

I wonder why I ever bothered removing you from ignore again. Probably because I feel the need to save new and returning players from your bs? I apologize if I was too harsh at some points. I just got the impression that "kind words" won't help anymore. There were countless of cases were players were discussing competitive use and performance of several powers and you chimed in by posting things like shields are super amazing for DPS and are worth the dps loss.

I don't mind you playing how you like but do us all a favor and start every post with this:

"I am truly a casual player and like to run easy stuff the way I want. That is ok. But if you want advise to play more competent and competitively, please ignore my posts."

Write that and everyone is save to use or ignore your tips at their own liking.

Water Aqualance ... precision based because it's a weapon ... geeez.
    • Like x 2
  12. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

13. Thorant New Player

Thank you for ur answer actually this enlight me a bit.

So is ok if i go rage for example with superpower and still use my weapon combos with some precision augments "this will not be a clear dps loss?"

Or even if i go nature/water and go full precision and just use some might?
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

If you want to go full precision I advise you to not use many powers except your weapon buff, sc and pets. There are some powers like mental and gadgets who can use their stealth abilities to do extra great damage, yet for pure dps there isn't much needed.
    Be aware that if you want to go full prec, artifacts are a must if you wanna do great. Especially the Venom Wrist Dispenser artifact.

As for rage, I am certain that you won't have fun with a rage hybrid rotation since most of rage's damage comes from combos, the initial hits are okay, but the magic is in the combos. And if you do combos without being fully might specced you lose dps, if you do combos with full precision spec you lose dps as well.

Nature is also good for precision imo. For Hybrid I believe sorcery and gadgets would be cool, for pure precision everything is open to you since you won't use regular abilities. Water is possibly the strongest since you can reset the cooldown of your weapon buff with Riptide. The use of your weapon buff triggers the Venom Wrist Dispenser artifact which is one of the greatest sources of precision damage, and since you can use your Water-Weapon-Buff in fast succession (again, Riptide resets it's cooldown) it would be my MVP.
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

....what....lol...its for the weapons.....you know...the white numbers.....

Might is yellow numbers....

No one is required to only use might. Read the description of any weapon buff
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

and yet when i mention water or nature everybody goes nuts XD. ignored.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You're pretty sensitive huh lol
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

you are aware that y'all dog piled me and THEN used my ideas aren't you? sure i got one or two things wrong however as you can see even schimaera has to steal my ideas XD. aquatic arsenal was ONE of the reasons i mentioned water, and of course nature while it can be played from the tray also benefits from precision seeing as ranged weapons are used to build up power. p.s. as you can clearly see from the OP's post i wasn't the one to originally mention water as a precision based power (though given it's nature as a healer and it's weapon based abilities it DOES indeed work) the thread poster did, no reason to jump on my case about it. as for the powers unless aquatic arsenal ISN'T considered a weapon and dealing weapon damage (much like hardlight claws) it would benefit from the formula damage=precision+weapon damage.
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

At first I thought you were being a troll. But its clear that you were/are misinformed.

But using your logic, you're also pretty much saying that Munition's damage is based off Precision because it uses "Weapons"

Now apply that to your other powers like Light and Water. Does that make sense?

Edit- not dogpiling you as I know mistakes are bound to happen. Its still quite funny though lol
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

didn't one of the other critics in here already say hardlight was precision based?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.