#Transparency -- When will SEALS be tradable again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Melusine Midnight, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I understand that the change was to prevent some form of abuse that was occurring.

So, is it fixed? Can we trade seals again please?

If not -- why?
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

seals were a very fast way to make alot of money way too fast so they took it off the broker. when u can make money that way its hard to want to play dcuo and be active when u can use that in game money u made from seals to buy replays from league members. this really makes the game boring and lets u get gear and op gear way too fast beating the new content and being done with it in 2 weeks to 1 month. its just a small step to keep players active in the long run. but mepps said it will come back here and there from time to time. so my best guess would be seals will be able to go into broker again the sametime they do 2x nth metal weekends they kinda have to lol
  4. Dazz-252 Committed Player

So what are our options now? it's either pay real money for seals or constantly lose all your catalysts worth 100 odd victory in a 5% success rate chance....yea...no thanks....that doesn't sound fair at all.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

The official answer is "Again, you do not have to." [buy them.] And then he locked the thread. It's ridiculous that they did this w/o alternatives. Considering that the breakthrough rates did not stay the same at higher levels. It exponentially gets worse as new levels are added in. That cheap cost with the amount of catalysts you need is costly.
    • Like x 5
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And this si why im taking another extended break from dc...
    • Like x 4
  7. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

You better not ask, last time I asked about this I got banned for 1 week because I said someone was bad at maths and proved the guy was wrong...

Already taking my exteeeeended break until they know how to properly adress issues and talk to the community, at this point it's just ridiculous. "You do not have to", Yeah, I do not have to support your game either.
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I bought the seal off the marketplace for the Kryptonian Soder as I wasn't willing to risk 21 catalysts but really other than maybe the Lazarus water that's the only artifact I'll spend real money to upgrade to max.

I'll likely stop leveling other artifacts around 120 until some other viable alternative is in place. A 5% chance, risking mats that typically take a week or more to grind, is just laughable.

For alternatives I'd consider amoungst other things: a progressive change of X% to the chance after each failure, some sort of craft-able seal or perhaps the ability to purchase a seal using MoV (even at a relatively high cost).
    • Like x 3
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Either pay real money or play the game. Thats the basis of everything here. The success chances are horrible indeed but the catalysts are dumb easy to get. The success chance should never have been a thing but like Mepps said, its an option to be used and a choice.
  10. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Now calculate the average number of catalysts it'll take to get a artifact to level 160... I won't this time, since last time I got banned because of it -.-
    • Like x 2
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

After the 2x Triumph weekend i have like 40 catalyst boxes sitting around.

You have to run content. Even old raids give around 1 to 4 victory
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

So you are telling me you have two tries at 160 breakthrough. Here's hoping for RNGesus to bless you with his favor! :D
    • Like x 7
  13. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Exactly. That's just my point.

5% though? I think 15% would be more reasonable.

What it really boils down to is Market Place bait. I get that, that is what they always aim for but, 5% that's just unreasonable.

Catalysts maybe easy to obtain, especially with alts but it'll still cost a build up of around 100 victory for a 5% chance which is almost a guaranteed fail.
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

To me the kicker is 5% everytime. No progression or improvement of the odds.

So with that in mind I just punched a Rand() function into Excel and got 4 wins outta 100 which is pretty close the 5% right? Awesome except that the first win was on the 13th try.

Lets do the math for a 160 artifact
    • That's 13 * 21 = 273 catalyst or 2,730 MoV.
    • Even if you could (which you can't) run every raid in the game for a full 8 MoV that's 341 raid Runs
    • Lets say on the very-low end you're getting through raids in 15min with a zero queue time (which is awfully optimistic) that's still 85.3 hours of raid time.
    Fun extra tibit, when I punched in the numbers Excel re-ran the calc as it does. Currently the first win is now at try #18. Sure for someone it could be the first run but odds are odds.

So I'm not against the model of grinding for catalysts, in fact I think it works fine, it's that 5% that I have issue with. I think they really need to consider having a bad luck adjustment so that you get an increasingly better chance after each attempt. Or have a fail give back half your catalysts or something of a similar nature.
    • Like x 7
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The rates and required number of catalystsw are a different discussion.

We had a workaround for those who didn't want to invest real money into artifacts - that's gone now and the rates become much more noticable.
    I think a new thread about the rates is not a bad idea...
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Problem is they got broken calculator and if you buy some seals they might buy new one .
    So then they figure out 210 marks X fails ( sometimes you can fail morethen 10 times ) gives insane amount of marks / time.
    So they figure out that 1 salvaged item gives same amount of XP like 40 hours(one work week )farming old exobits .
    So they figure out we need 250 week vault ( 3000 XP ) to get 1 artifact to lvl 160 by the way 250 weeks is more then 4 an half years :)
    So They figure out .........
    So as you can see its all about money now but trex and few other always gona say you got choise which is true but we all know how is that choise look like .( pay or dont play )

Ps.
    I also got ban almost every week for post like this one .Sad but true .
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea i agree, there's a reason people have left over time and im playing with one foot in the door. I was just saying the cats are easy to get. But unless you're buying 75k exp packs you'll have way more cats by the time you get to 140 and 160.

Not a good excuse though. DC is farming us. Guess we're cows instead of customers
  18. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Economically, that makes no sense and is most certainly not the reason. They already stated it was about some kind of abuse done by some players.
    If I was someone at daybreak I wouldn't give a single .... about the fact that players bought them to make money to...reset stuff. It was still money spend and whether it's on a Seal or a few replay badges - it would be all the same to me. It does not hurt the ecomony at tall since it does not bring newly created amount of ingame cash into the game...
    • Like x 2
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What if problem is that some people buying those seals , RB , stabilizers but devs got 0 money from it .
    Ofc then devs baning those people but they already change those items in to the in game cash and then sale that in game cash to players for real money.You saw al those spamers on trade chat ?
    Then you can see post like : "i got ban becouse i got mail in game from other player" ( read i bought money from those spamers )