it does not feel like "skill points matter"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I believe it's time to add a S.P.A.R. to stat points. That's a Stat Point Adjustment Ratio.
    The "SPAR" would give extra stats for stat points exceeding the Max allowable stat points in any given location.
    If Might is Maxed out you would get the Max stat points for Might. If your Stats exceed a certain Ratio; then you get bonus Might stats. For example, if a player has reached 400SP; he'll have a higher SPAR than a player with 250SP's. Both are Might Maxed. However then; the SPAR kicks in, and gives the 400 SP player additional Might Stats due to his SPAR.
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Thanks for being the only person on here to call SP by their actual name 'stat points' and not skill points, which isn't what they're called anymore, and even when it was, it was because we put them in our skills, not because they measured our skill as players.
    • Like x 4
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The only one who said "skill points" was the OP, everyone else abbreviated it, and since it's still "SP" you can't really verify who said skill points and who didn't. Proxy was just the first to spell it out ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. dresserball Dedicated Player

I think the point you constantly miss and it is the fault of people posting is after let's say 300 for a dps they don't help with the damage part. After you have your crits and the might or prec (depends if you are weapons or might based) built it the SP doesn't make much of difference.

I guess hybrid dps may say to the contrary though.
    • Like x 2
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Oh, which raid in tier 2 or 3, most do have a walk-in and easily soloable.

Besides that seems that if more emphasis on feats or SP would drive that content up faster than anything else there are more players that need feats in that content than those who can even run more current content that do not boost your CR to enter said content.

There is a small amount of players when viewed on the whole who have 300 and above SP and chances are they don't need feats in those raids so outside of earning marks that they get from more current content it is a complete waste of time to go run that content unless they want to help a league mate of friend.

I actually just had a similar discussion with a long term league mate and friend about this very thing as well.

I still Granny's Hat Trick they need vases in throne.

I have concluded that it is not worth my time right now to run that content they have tried and came to 2 results.

First being the group gets in and everybody attacks Are's, the second results they go in do everything right but lol Hade's before the teleport.

The same friend said people who needed simple feats couldn't even listen to the most simplest and follow the easiest direction like everybody jumping in the pool.

Would make sense, but as soon as they do hop in they get the same feat.

As people gain more experience their gameplay will grow and they will get on board. It was something that most of us have been through.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Even as a PFtT dps I value anything past 300 because of health. More health, bigger my tetrahedron buff will be. Also helps I can survive slightly easier in elite content.

SP still matters after you cap your primary stat, it just doesn't matter in the way that you want it to. Also yes, hybrid dps will appreciate as many sp as they can get.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Don't be jelly lol :p

No problem.

It's often a point of confusion as people forget they've been changed.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

Totally agree, skill points (not STAT POINTS) don't matter, or I think their impact is just too small. I beat the newest DLC with my tank having 160sp (and no new gears too), I don't see the reason grinding them :)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Incorrect!

Health run with the tetrahedron increases might.

Nice misinformation spreading
    • Like x 1
  10. Yaiba Committed Player

Ok ok :), more 20 or 100 might while having around 30k might ?? worth?
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

Don't lump me in. I think SP matters plenty. But most are looking for straight dps correlation as I stated.

My problem with SP right now is that Support Roles kind of get shafted with it. Since there is more that you would want to be an efficient support role.
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

That is with an artifact not straight SP. IT is an extra part not part of the SP tree.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Eh, I have to disagree with that last part. For healers and trolls, sp arguably have a bigger impact on performance. A healer that can cap resto and throw a bunch into power will have a fairly easier time healing in elite than one that could only cap out on resto.
    • Like x 4
  14. dresserball Dedicated Player

Yeah my point is there is more you want to build into. Not that it doesn't help or make you better. Tanks for instance could be better off with extra SP to help cap off resto, dom.. DPS for the SP tree can cap off all the dps parts with the current SP
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

They're intertwined you can't separate them like that to try and diminish the importance of one element to justify spreading something that is quite blatantly misleading.
    • Like x 2
  16. dresserball Dedicated Player

Yes I can as noted that I did. Its not misleading as I have explained.

Also if you don't have the highest one in the group UOUR SP or health doesn't effect it. You want to through that out there too? IT should be noted by P Star.
  17. Eddevil Well-Known Player

Mepps At this point the primary Stat Bonus should be SP and there should be a big difference between 20 or so SP for Example someone being 380 SP Should be at a disadvantage to a 400 SP Member. Im speaking from Knowledge and experience as a member with 418 SP. I think the game needs changing 4 Classes Dps, Tank, Healer and Troll, you pick your role and you are given a base stat so lets use 40,000 Health, 40,000 Power and So On When you Pick your role you are given the base stats with a primary buff so if your a DPS it will boost your might and prec. When you pick your role each individual skill point is automatically put into 3 stats so DPS= HP, Power, Might+Prec, Troll= HP, Power, Vit, Tank= HP, Dom, Power, Healer= HP, Resto, power. So each individual skill point you have will boost those traits depending on which role you are in Along with gear and artifacts and augments. This way we see SP being more effective and still keeping everything balanced.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Of course it should, all context should be explained.

If you're going to try and justify why more than 300sp as a dps is worthless you're going to need to explain the reasoning why you think this so as to not mislead others.

Notwithstanding the fact I believe your position is obviously horribly wrong.
    • Like x 1
  19. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

You better watch out. I started a thread like this, tried to reason out why SP should matter more than they do now. I got trolled by the community and insulted (like they do to all my threads), And I get a warning for trolling my own posts when I did the exact same thing you did with this post.

But finally someone else who agrees SP should matter. You do more work and effort to get them than gear which comes from playing the game. You can get gear without doing much of anything as long as the rest of the team allows you to stay back and watch. But feats have to be earned and are the only challenge in the game really. So why don't they matter more.
  20. dresserball Dedicated Player

My position is get as much SP as you can because I think it matters. That's my stance and always has been.