Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I read about that and it's a shame because I've been reading good things about the next Mission Impossible movie. however, there have always been toxic fans. The problem is that people nowadays can get on the internet and say whatever they want, and often take it too far. It's one thing to go on forums like this but it's another when you go on Twitter and Instagram and personally attack actors and directors on their accounts. But back before the internet, those fans most likely just sent hate mail to the studios. You had to be really, really passionate to physically write a letter and mail it though. Typing online now is effortless and instant. Then on the other side of the issue is when actors and directors, instead of ignoring the trolls, get into it online with these toxic people, which later becomes news. I mean, for example, you never saw Zack Snyder fighting with fans online about his films, much less mocking those who didn't like the film. While Snyder has weaknesses, the guy is a professional and knows how to work public relations. He doubles down on what he wants to do no matter how much you hate it, and he doesn't weigh in on critics.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I read about it, and I don't blame him.

So far, toxic Star Wars fans have:

1. Driven Daisy Ridley off Instagram
    2. Has almost forced Kelly Marie Tran off Instagram
    3. Made Jake Lloyd schizophrenic as a result of constant harassment
    4. Almost made Hayden Christensen quit acting (he's back in it now, thankfully)
    5. Made Ahmed Best suicidal
    6. Tried (Still tries) to derail Rian Johnson's career cause TLJ didn't go the way they wanted it to go (Also gave death threats to him)
    7. Made George Lucas basically quit Star Wars
    8. Prevented other directors and actors to not do a Star Wars film due to harassment
    And they say it's George Lucas' , Kennedy's, or Johnson's fault in ruining Star Wars. They're too daft to understand it's theirs.
    Star Wars is not owned by fans. Why should a director be harassed for expressing his own opinion on how Star Wars should play out? Nobody should be harassed for their opinions. They should be criticized and respectfully disagreed with. And the actors are simply doing a job, they should also not be harassed. It's a shame how the Star Wars fandom is devolving. Is this what Star Wars will be remembered by?
    • Like x 2
  3. E Clip Dedicated Player

Eh, sure toxic fans can ruffle someone's feathers if they are paying attention to them, but people like Rian avoid facing real criticism and there's plenty of that too. He picked to argue with the lunatics instead of ignoring them and engaging with valid criticism.
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Rian has done a good job at standing up to the critics and owning what he has done. TLJ, wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrible either.

Look at Kelly and Daisy. They didn't fight back.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You have to admit that with all the horrible things being sent at Johnson, it would be really hard not to fight back. I know I would feel like not saying something would be a form of accepting or agreeing with it.

Of course Johnson fighting back has lead to so many misquotes and out of contexts reporting, that have been used to make it look like he was talking about all fans and not just the vial people.
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Daisy actually left instagram over reasons unrelated to SW. She made the mistake of putting her cute British self into the American gun debate, which of course didn't go to well.

Oh and you cant really blame Jake Lloyd's schizophrenia on the SW problems, that disease is far more complicated than that.
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

But it's the same old story isn't it? She voiced her opinions, and she got harassed for it. She lives in the US. She has a right to speak up about the issue. And even more so, her harassment was also done by people who didn't want a women to be leading a Star Wars film.

And Jake's condition can certainly be linked to bullying, can't it? Look up some interviews of Jake. He describes bullying in a away like it's his worst fear that he's gone through every day. Plus, schizophrenia is often caused by depression, which I no doubt think he suffered after what he went through.
  8. Helderman Dedicated Player

If I didnt read ending credits i would never realize Robot God was in SOLO
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It's baaacccckkkkk!

Some info on what is possibly happening.
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Anakin's hair is bothering me...
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Only his hair? o_O

Was anyone else expecting, when they got to the end of the row of helmets, to see the familiar Storm Trooper helmet?
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not really. The Empire didn't come into existence until the end of the Clone Wars, and even then the Clone Trooper armor wasn't immediately changed over to Stormtrooper gear.

On a side note, I liked what appears to be the inclusion of a Republic Commando into the mix walking along with Rex and Anakin. But I'm gonna do a serious :rolleyes: if they named him in any way after Rambo considering the long hair and red bandana. LOL
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Obviously the Stormie Helm wasn't going to make an appearance, it was just something was almost expecting, specially when they changed to the almost Stormie Helms and repeated those for so long combined with the sounds of battle and then the big explosion

You spotted Rambo Fett as well? :D
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I loved the Republic Commando books by Karen Traviss, so I've always had something of a soft spot for those particular clone troopers. :D Plus their armor tends to stand out a little more.
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Let the hatred flow!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Helderman Dedicated Player

It's a little soon for 2019 christmas though
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

NEVER too soon for the Star Wars hate to begin :p
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There was more than just Clone Wars announced at Comic-Con.

Yes this is Star Trek but it's all really cool stuff and this is the only active Sci-Fi related thread, there is also phasers in this.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player