Catalysts will no longer drop, WTF?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Mepps, going to need some explanation on this next hotfix:

• Catalysts will no longer drop from any On-Duty missions.
    • Catalysts of all ranks can now be purchased from John Constantine in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom, as well as Equipment Supplier Starro in Deluge instances, for 10 Marks of Victory.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Maybe it is part of the new augment system. We will no longer have to make gear mods..............SOON ( tm).

Without needing to make gear mods will we really need as many?
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I thought catalysts dropping was a great way to get high CR's to go back and play old instances. Now I'll probably go back to not playing them. Can't think of why you'd do this unless it's because we won't have much use for MOV after augments are implemented if we don't have to buy essence purifiers anymore. Or is it something else?
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 3
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ha, you beat me to the punch Knarly. Maybe that's it.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

you have no idea what the requirements are for augments - no one does, this is why we need to know what's going on, sooner rather than later #transparency
    • Like x 3
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, that's true but I was thinking maybe that's why.
    hmmmmm interesting though.
    Something just dawned on me. :p
    Let me look at a couple things real quick.
    • Like x 1
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (though Mepps really should have explained this with the hotfix notes). I get the reasoning, though I think it's really going to decrease players doing that old content.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

it's like we're watching the top half of a building get constructed before the bottom half lol
    • Like x 3
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

so instead of running old raids, alerts, and duos, we can but the catalyst? Sounds good to me.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was waiting for this thread
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Actually depending on the cost, it's not necessarily better, before it was one alert or duo would get certain catalysts, now it costs 10 marks of victory, this does give us the choice of 'picking what we need' it doesn't necessarily make it any more economic however, depending on what else we need to spend MoV on, it could be worse.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

couldn't we have both as options?

going back and running old instances for a few catalysts is fun. going back and running old instances forever after several times a week is not. sometime you feel like a nut. sometimes you don't.

easiest would be to just have us rank up our artifacts with marks.
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Now that I think about it.
    I think DCUO was looking at the numbers of players running lower instances that contained catalysts and decided it would be better to make all lower content count towards catalysts and not just a certain few.
    • Like x 3
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

With the cats needing marks. We will be able to run all instances for marks and work our way to the cats we need. :)

Maybe there are thinking of the over geared players screwing over the lower guys gaming experiences as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

IMO, this is in response to all the whining of high levels bull rushing thru lower tier content. Maybe it's not.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Its probably not more economical, but I'd much rather this be in place. I'm not one that would need multiple artifacts per toon. So I didn't need most of the older ones.

Luckily, I sold all my catalysts this past weekend. Thank you everyone that were spending millions on them. Literally the first time a forum announcement net'd me some good money. :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Idk, I don't really see a lot of screwing over (like before stats revamp when high CR's would zoom through & beat bosses before lower CR's could catch up, which prevented them from getting loot). Most of the time someone says, oh thank god a 230! Because they were getting beat down & just couldn't get through. I guess that's kind of contrary to them learning their roles, but really no one stays at low CR long enough to get full dps & full role gear anyway.
    • Like x 1
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Just to bring info into this thread from the one the Lorax mentioned.

We will have less need for MoV going forward. It is still planned to go back to individual marks per tier, while still rewarding MoV. When that is being worked on they will consider removing relevancy for MoV, since the reason it exists is that otherwise gearing up until AF3 would be trivialized.

There may have been a few more things mentioned in there as well.