CASH BOTS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, May 3, 2018.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Probably make new accounts not characters. Gets costly per ban.

Oh but it did. But it did. Cheer! Rejoice! For the cries won and free players can no longer lfg. :D
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, the poor players who spend $0 on the game. What a travesty.
    • Like x 5
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

People in this thread keep saying this fix wont work because they can spend a little money to bypass it with premium status. But with their characters/accounts being banned left and right, just imagine the money DBG will make if they go that route. Or it will not be cost effective for gold spammers and they will cut back majorly.
    • Like x 4
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

You seem to be the only one crying here tbh. If a fix is needed for something, people will "cry" about it until something gets done and look what happened. A fix coming in today. Would you look at that. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Increasing chat availability to installing lair system and level 11; would give them a lot of work to achieve a character that can then chat.
    Increase their time working unproductively; will force them to find real jobs.
    • Like x 4
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That is rather small picture thinking. I know quite a few free players in my league who are on the fence about subscribing or spending money in some way. If this turns them away from the game, they fall off that fence pretty fast.
    • Like x 2
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

But they don't need real jobs, they can just sell gold in a video game. Oh, wait... :D
  8. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I believe you misread his comment. "Cries" in this context were the communities "cries for help." You are referring to a completely different message that I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to make.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Some of the spammer accounts did become premium this morning. It's at least a little satisfying that they are now funding our work to remove them. Also, those premium accounts are banned.
    • Like x 39
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Thanks so much for this. Really appreciated.
    • Like x 3
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

These limitations... My suggestion would not be fair, but it would reduce the impact:
    • apply these restrictions only to PC players
    I also hope you will raise the limit of messages per day. Raise it to 20, better 50.
  12. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

Hey DCUO! I have been on here several times gripping about the game but let’s be honest the best thing that the devs have done is stopped the cash bots from taking over all the chats! I mean seriously they did really good with this!!! Thank you so much for listening to the players and fixing this!!! ( for the time being)
    • Like x 3
  13. AllanPage Committed Player

I haven't played the game in a while. What happened? I just saw another thread complaining about the chat bots.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

A new company cropped up last week. The competition stepped up their messages to match, which resulted in more than a dozen messages in LFG and shout chat channels per minute. The DCUO team released a patch this morning to restrict chat channels from free to play players while they come up with a better solution.

• Like x 3
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There are console gold sellers, I've seen them before, and despite popular belief the PS server did use to have gold seller spam. No it wasn't as remotely frequent as on PC due to the difficult nature of having to spam without macros, BUT they still existed.
    • Like x 4
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW....Free players can still read LFG and send a tell if they see someone shouting for something. Still not sure what free players would be inviting people to....FOS 1,2,3 runs? But they can still shout in WT or the cities for that if needed. The 24 hour period thing for shout might be a bit harsh. Better make them count.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It depends how much money they're making. Most of these sellers aren't just selling DCUO currency. They're often selling currency for multiple games, many of which are more popular than DCUO. They could be earning large sums of money, every single day, across all their endeavours. Meaning that this $5 charge is absorbed with minimum effect on their business model.

To be effective, it also requires a proactive approach from the DCUO team. Mepps/moderators have to be on the ball, banning any accounts that post the messages. Without that, it's essentially business as normal, with the inconvenience of a small, one time fee.
    • Like x 3
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's just hilariously awesome, I imagine this was the mood at the office at that moment.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Seasonal and episode previews come to mind. Pvp is also free.

But it's okay, as long as people are happy. Who cares if someone who wants to try the game continues. It's like the escrow thing. Sub up or shut up, #amirite?
    • Like x 1
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Devs: job well done!

LFG and trade are delightful right now. People are actually communicating MORE which is an interesting side effect. I guess not having to battle spambots encourages people to use the channels more.

It's really not a problem at all for free players either. It's not as if they're banned from seeing the channels and, as always, they can make a $5 purchase and move forward.
    • Like x 6