Test Discussion Episode 31: 'Stemming the Tide' Solo Story Mission

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    I'm wondering if it is possible to push the Controlled Flash out of the Cell area using ball trinkets or the Gorilla trinket. Since the fight doesn't start until you get into range or do damage, it might be possible to push him to the west or east. Would that cause the fight to glitch?
  2. Kestral Committed Player

I was going to try to see if the skip scene worked anyways...but all of the scenes skipped on their own without any action on my part. :confused:
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you "Warp Rally" after Controlled Flash has been defeated and hasn't been revived, the entire fight will reset. Here is an example video:

However, it doesn't reset the Starro objects on the cells.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How many Mirror Images should Mirror Master be able to summon? He summoned at least 3 of them in this attempt:

Usually he is only ever able to summon one. That lead to some glitchy behavior on the part of Mirror Master and Controlled Flash.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report(?)
    I did the following on the Ocean Master fight:
    1. Triggered the cutscene without interacting with the control panel.
    2. Used the Beach Ball trinket to move Ocean Master outside the room.
    3. Interacted with the cutscene switch

Interacting with the switch started the Ocean Master fight for some reason.The fight reset eventually reset and things were glitchy for a few seconds after that.

Here is a video:
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I've noticed with the cutscene switches is that they remain active even after watching the cutscene. So you can watch the cutscene, interact with the terminal, and you still get a message about turning off the cutscene.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes. Without new code and client work, this is the best we can do on our end and yes, it's needed to set the stage.

I'll address the Controlled Flash Monday.

8. Charon Lead Content Designer

It should not cause a glitch but I'll see what I can do, which may not be much. Any boss that sits and waits for the player to engage, which is most in recent history, would fall under the same situation no?

9. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll turn them off if you trigger the cutscene.

Did you try to have any actually play without messing with the switch? Kestral's post makes me wonder if they just cut out no matter what you do, which, would be an issue.

10. Charon Lead Content Designer

On rare occasion if the two AIs mess with each other in a certain, non reproducible in a reliable, way then he can summon more. Since I thought it would be a bonus to helping the player when that happened, I haven't done extra fail safes to make it not happen. I will on Monday.

11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was just testing this.

If you push Controlled Flash out the west side of the room and start the fight, you'll end up locking yourself in the west side hallways. Since the fight resets after a certain point and you drop combat, you can Warp to Rally.

The cutscenes have been working for me on the Hero side mission.
  12. Kestral Committed Player

I went back to double test this and nope it was my goof. I was looking at all the posters and computers on that run and clicked the scene skip without noticing. So no worrys they seem to be working fine.
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll see about closing the door after the cutscene(s).

14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Awesome, thanks.

The new icon will help point it out much better once we get a client update hotfix going.

15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Both. You take damage when it's cast and then when you hit him while the shield is up (same with Mera's).

16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Got these items done today. They will hopefully be on Test tomorrow evening.

* Rogues are now immune to Controlled Flash's crowd control abilities
    * Toy copters and Mirror Images will more quickly get to Controlled Flash when they are brought into play
    * Mirror Master will only summon one Mirror Image
    * Controlled Flash won't be seen before he's supposed to be seen in cutscenes
    * Consoles to turn off cutscenes will now disable if not used and a normal cutscene is triggered
    * Using a console to turn off cutscenes will now turn off outro cutscenes
    * The back exit to the Controlled Flash fight now closes immediately after the cutscene is finished
    * The starro on the CCPD cell doors will be visible on encounter resets
    * The bulletin messaging in the Temple has been restructurd in order of expected completion
    * Mera's and Ocean Master's reactive proc shields will now no longer damage allies
    * Controlled Flash, Mera, and Ocean Master now have a small aggro radius when the intro cutscenes are complete
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you "Warp Rally" after defeating Controlled Flash, you end up glitching the instance and being unable to proceed. Here is a demonstration:

Controlled Flash ends up in his own jail cell and there is no way to restart the fight.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Captain Cold still doesn't reliably freeze Controlled Flash. The only thing I do in this video is block a melee attack:
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    In the Hero version of the solo, Mera and Flash don't appear in the cutscene after defeating Controlled Flash:

You just stand around awkwardly looking at a wall.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    When when Captain Cold encases the Flash, it doesn't help too much. For most powers and attacks, the damage will be transferred to the ice cube over Controlled Flash.

Attacking Ocean Master before the cutscene causes weird results:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.