Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In a way this is excellent for those looking to catch up. They can get a shot at a whole bunch of collections and styles with each box and an aura they might want to keep or hold on to and sell at a later date to help finish off collections. Not a bad deal at all when you look at it that way.

You're right...but the odds are (if it all pans out) better this go around. Either way it's gonna be a hot time in the old town tomorrow. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

These new auras are $7 if you assume no value for anything else in the Mega TC. the Devs beat ya by a dollar.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly - I think people are not seeing what the $7.00 gets them

Lets say I buy 1 for $7.00.. it is the mental aura.. Id prefer the Nature.. I do a swap with someone, if it works or sell it and buy the one i want from broker .. on top of this I get 9 capsules worth of stuff that i *may* need or can sell
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

For how much Jack?

If i pay $7.00 I get 1 of 17 Auras - i can use it, sell it or swap it PLUS i get 9 capsules worth of stuff - that i can use or sell

I do not see how it is any better that they are by themselves for $10 a pop
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree with the price point, but not the lowering of prices later.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think he meant $8 to be able to choose the one he wants. That's not bad (for a single, non account-wide aura). We'll have to see how the devs go with this stuff in the future.

Bottom line, they have a figure they need to reach to pay back the entire art team for how every many hours they all put into this, and make a profit besides. There are different ways of going about that, and many MMOs rely on loot boxes with cosmetic items to reach those goals. Others offer items in the marketplace, but at far greater prices than people usually are willing to pay.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Seriously? Nature is the most awesomest of all. It's perfect for my Mega Man toon's Leaf Shield! Oh, wait, he was on the test server. Sigh.
  8. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I think the real issue here is the animation that we'll have to sit through for each time capsule, and then 9 within the Resurgence TC :(
    • Like x 3
  9. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i
    i don't know what to tell you but the devs have influence but they don't have the final say, i agree that Daybreak should have put them in the marketplace for a reasonable price since players have been asking for power auras for a very long time, but once again this is a business and they make more profit when we gamble.
  10. Dene Devoted Player

LOL

+ the amount of stuff clogging up inventories for those who open a few at a time :)
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Ok....it would be GREAT if we could buy or choose the specific aura we wanted, free of RNG...but what you said in your post...the real world math does not support your statement.
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's ONE of the goals in the game....but if that's all you seek, more power to you. The rest of us will enjoy one of the many OTHER things this game has to offer besides just getting stronger.
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

WOW So i read through all 5 pages of posts. Now allow me to clarify. 1) I don't spend any real money on Time Capsules so sticking one out there that now requires even more $ doesn't bother me a bit 2) and some one else mentioned this... I could care less about any aura .. they don't help me by increasing my CR and stats they just look pretty. If your into that fine.. could care less. I have one alt with an aura I paid nothing for (dropped out of a lock box).. My Green Lantern wears the slim green one since in the comics this game is based on she looks just like they so with their shields up.

and 3) Amazingly in 5 pages of text not one person used the old.. "You don't NEED to buy them just run the Duo and collect the fragments. Or since I missed the presentation let me guess.... Since THIS capsule costs way more than the regular ones... You can't actually even open it with those? Or are we basically saying if I do the duo every single day (since i am a legendary) It can use the fragments just takes 7 times as long to open ONE capsule as it does with the normal ones.

Hey I'll pass I could care less if I glow a special way
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Auras don't have feats attached.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I would've liked them account-wide, on the MP even if they cost $10 each (because I have so many alts that would look awesome with them) but unfortunately that would get rid of the urgency that, let's face it, any business usually relies on (malls especially) to push people towards impulse purchases. The MP is great, but not at making money, unfortunately. Of course, they could change that if they made it like the auras for seasonal events (like these auras would be in MP, but only for 2 weeks every March), that could maintain urgency and offer new players a chance to grab some later.
    • Like x 1
  16. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Actually you get the other TIME CAPSULE'S and and It's out for a limited time remove that limited time off that its ok.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dude, I saw that one and was soooooo underwhelmed. I like quite a few, and some of the others are ok but workable...that nature one tho....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Someone used that line in the other thread, lol.

And yes, that's correct. You can open them with stabilizers you collect from the duo. Those who have them saved up are super happy right now, lol. The best part is if you're not into these cosmetics, you can keep on playing happily since they're not tied into your progression whatsoever. Or you can use some stabilizers to increase your cash and buy something else on the broker. Win-win.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I was joking. In all honesty, though, I don't think it's so much because of the aura itself (the leaves were well designed, though maybe a flowering vine would've been good too.) but instead because I have always HATED the color scheme of nature. I'll never understand why they went with dead branch colors, browns, reds and olive greens instead of attractive jungle greens and bright florals. Maybe it was a DC issue or something.
    • Like x 1