Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, it's starting to look like i'm the one that's confused. As it is, I haven't seen anything drop this year...so the best I can tell the guy is to look in the broker.
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, someone else said they haven't seen any drop either (of course, I ran 14 alts through everything last year and never got one, lol, probably should have played content instead since I think they dropped from bosses), so maybe they're rarer this year.
    • Like x 1
  3. IamINC Dedicated Player

I am pleased to see the power set auras after years of people asking for them , not pleased they’re in another capsule.

More sparkly useless trash for the whales to feed on , what this game really needs to help it’s future is ...... Players.

How about spending the money on some advertising and bringing people to DCUO because I’ve never seen it so dead as it is currently on EUPS and I’ve been here through all the bad periods of population.

If you’re gonna continue with the cash grab mentality then at least do something with the he income to help the games future , pretty auras and useless junk from old capsules aren’t the answer although I do appreciate The artistry that the creative team have shown with the designs.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've seen the Shamrock Aura a couple times and some Sparkly Rainbows in Vault runs this year, but no Enchanted Auras so far.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ascended Well-Known Player

Wow, lots of pages here. Don't have time to read them all, but for my two cents

I don't like RNG's. I don't like them when I'm not paying for them (not even boss drops), and I really don't like them when it costs money. So I typically avoid the TC thing. I've been known to drop twenty bucks on a capsule here or there, but I do it rarely and reluctantly.

But I've dropped fifteen bucks here (and used some keys I had put together), and I can't say I'm disappointed. I didn't get any of the auras I wanted but I sold them all for solid profit and bought an aura I did want (waiting for prices to settle on the others), and am still richer than I was. I ended up with enough quarks to get two modular auras, and I picked up some stuff from previous TC's I had never finished (or opened in the first place).

Still dont like the TC system at all. Still wont drop cash on them easily or often. I just wont support it to that degree, and I hate that I support it at all. I'd rather see the devs move in a different direction, or at least yank the RNG mechanic out of it. But this time, I feel like I got value for my expense. Plus, I finally got two tech-based auras, which I've been asking about for years, so I can't hate anyway. :)
    • Like x 4
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nice. Gratz. Yeah, I like the way they did it here, equal drop chances on them all, guaranteed aura, makes it much easier to enjoy than just getting random collection after random collection.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Some of those Aura's are really nice, it is just a shame that the work behind it is over shadowed by Time Capsules and the Quark Vendor.
    • Like x 1
  8. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Holy Sh- I have it. lol I didn’t know what it was called but it sounded familiar so I went to my accessory list and saw it. lol
    See that’s how much in styles I have. I don’t know what I have half the time. Usually I collect styles and I never go and try it on because I never change my look anymore. Thing is though I don’t remember doing the collection last year.
    Oh well , Cool!
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If there are feats tied to these caps. That's why they throw in the other TCs into the mix
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

The price also helped. I mean, it's expensive, but at least they did cut us a deal with a few TC's for "free" in the package.

It doesn't help the fact that all of this is trapped behind a paywall and RNG with terrible (utterly, embarrassingly terrible) drop rates. But if we have to have a TC system, I'd rather it be more like this.
    • Like x 1
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

These TC are great, within 4 days, I already made 500 mil \o/
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So you're the one messing around with the Scorching auras. Lol, jk.:D
    • Like x 1
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Those are the good ones that sell quickly for alot of money
    • Like x 2
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Very easy to spell.

You start with the "M".... then smash your head on your keybord.... and get "Mzxcvmxgsdfgh".

Very easy. ;) ;)
    • Like x 3