Do Archons have the wrong type of health bar?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Jan 16, 2018.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I dunno man, they just seem more like raid enemies than alert enemies. Maybe it’s just me. What does everyone think?
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If you mean in the anniversary event...they’re set up to be group bounties.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah but 4-player groups. Yet they hit harder than most 8-player enemies.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Where was it ever specified they were meant to be for a certain group size? There are people soloing them pretty easily
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Actually, when you track the mission for them, the group icon next to the objective description on the right side of the screen does have the number 4 in it.

And what does the health bar have to do with how hard they hit? :p
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Oh okay. Never paid attention to it. Still nothing unbalanced about them though.
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I beat one with 3 players. 1 was a tank; my toon was F2P.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Raid and alert enemies have different health bars. Alert enemies have a sort of faded red bar, raid enemies have a yellow and green one. Archons have the faded red. But based on how hard they hit, I think they should have green and yellow bars. But then their health feels about right for a 4-player enemy, so something’s off here.
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Maybe connected to the fact that there’s a feat for not letting the shadow demons merge into an archon in the first place? Just guessing here...
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Kind of as like a punishment for failing to prevent it? Could be. Problem is the ones spawned that way despawn after a few seconds. I just think either their damage needs to be bought down, or they should have the yellow/green health bars. Don’t care which, because my issue isn’t so much difficulty as it is false advertising.
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I don’t even bother fighting them. Shut down the portal before they come out, it’s faster and easier. :)
    • Like x 8
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

ikr, even the mission tracker itself says "prevent".
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Same here but every time I see people fighting them I just can’t stop myself from trying to help xD It’d help if they didn’t break my controller shield with a single blow. Which, by the way, is something only certain raid bosses can do. But these Archons are supposedly 4-player enemies. Just seems a bit inconsistent is all.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you put a shield in your LO, guess what?
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do?
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Me. I was soloing them this weekend, as tank. Takes less time to form a group and just kill the npc though.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They are as strong as the bounties from the summer DLC. Not the area 51, but the others. They could also.be solo'd.

Now the E3 bounties, they can not. Tried and got smacked, lol.
  18. SugarBeef New Player

There's also a feat for killing a certain number of the merged archons. So the feats don't mean much.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for you
    • Like x 3
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Have seen a couple healers and one earth dps do it as well