Server Downtime - December 7, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds will be offline for a hotfix and server maintenance at daily server restarts tomorrow morning, December 7, 2017. US worlds will restart at 4AM PT. EU worlds will restart at 4AM CET. Downtime may last up to three hours.

Among other things, this update will enable winter seasonal decorations. Full update notes will be posted later today.
    • Like x 5
  2. 3doly New Player

mepps i just want tell u i back to this game can u give me gift :D i play this game 2014to 2017
  3. GL4ever Well-Known Player

So we finally punched Larfleeze in the nose enough to get our decorations back, huh? Good. Now it really is beginning to look a lot like...winter holiday ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Tarif Committed Player

As Our community manager, Id like you to get a message to the game's ceo and the Dev team that as a player and customer, Id rather see a hotfix that actually made my SPs matter the way they were always intended, EARNED in game as our PROGRESSION, and PAID FOR as a customer through membership, market place items, and replay badges over the years. I want the Stats that I paid for and earned to actually matter again.

While we are at it, it would also be great to see Our Powers and Roles better balanced as well, and way better RNG rates that resembled something close to being fair to me as a customer - to be implemented.

Only then will I start sinking money into the game like I used to. It isnt rocket science to see how many people are unhappy.

Short of that, my financial support and activity in game will be less until community feedback is heard and addressed properly, regardless of new content or other hotfixes.

I have supported this game for the growth of my character, and as a comic book fan. Not to feel as if everything I have worked for, has been reduced to feeling like Im now playing in Stat-Clamped content. Doesnt feel like much of a super-hero game anymore the way things have been "revamped". Lets get a "Hotfix" to address these issues please.

Why did we ever grind feats or replay and run content for gear all this time as players for our stat progression and supporting customers if thats just to be taken away? The growth and progression for our characters was the largest draw of the game. The feeling of that growth has mostly been taken away from me as a player and as a customer, and Id like that addressed and fixed.

This has always been a game about our characters growth and development. Give that back instead of christmas decorations. I didnt earn and pay for my character and everything in game for stat clamping years later.
    • Like x 4
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Jesus we get it you’re upset we can’t oneshot low tier content anymore xD
    • Like x 5
  6. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

I do miss one shotting low levels, but at the end of the day, that was very very unhealthy for the game as a whole.
    • Like x 5
  7. PreOllie New Player

i'm having problems with DCUO on my Playstation 3 my duty tab Events is blank what can I do to possibly fix this problem?
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve been queuing all the lower stuff for the artifacts as you can probably imagine. Phantom Zone feels VERY different to doing ROTB and IS. Blackest Day feels very different to Escape. The sense of progression is very much still there from where I’m standing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Most likely, you have minimized the events category. Navigate over to the left on that screen, to the + sign, and select to re-expand it.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Don't derail announcement threads. Not a good idea. Create another thread if you want.
    • Like x 5
  11. PreOllie New Player

I'll do that thank you!
  12. Tarif Committed Player

You mean "You" get it, not "we" as you wrote. Glad thats what you assumed out of reading my post though. You and a handful of others on these forums always come quick with the usual assumption posts though, so it doesnt surprise me seeing you chime in on something I posted to our community manager.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Get two damage players using the same power set and same rotation at CR220, one fully modded for Might & Power (including generator mods) with 350 SP and the other with no mods and 50 SP to face off in a damage out competition then come back and tell us again how stats don't matter.

What is it exactly that you want? Do you want the CR differential system back? Let me fill you in on a little secret: *whispers* your stats didn't matter very much, it was your CR doing all the work.
    • Like x 5
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

No I do mean “we” as in the entire forum because you’ve copy pasted that exact rant in countless threads.
    • Like x 4
  15. Tarif Committed Player

I didnt copy and paste anything. I typed it on my screen while working, as a response to a hot fix announcement. From Our game's community manager, not you. They may be similar topics, but it isnt cut and pasted.

As a player and customer of this game, Im making a response about the hot fixes I wish to see, to my game's community manager, in response to the hotfix that was announced for a product I pay for, and wish to continue to enjoy. Not sure what your issue is with that, or why you responded - I didnt think your name is Mepps. Im done with you. Bye.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Downtime/hotfix threads are usually reserved for discussion/questions/comments about the specific downtime/hotfix mentioned, not about all hypothetical future or possible hotfixes. But, it's okay, it's good to express your thoughts to us. We can probably continue in any of the other past or future threads.
    • Like x 4
  17. Tarif Committed Player

Noted, and thanks Mepps. Glad to know feedback may be considered and is being heard. I will try to participate in other threads on the topic.
  18. rimvader Well-Known Player

How do you derail a Hotfix chat that's open? If Mepps or Dev posted all the issues addressed in the thread, that would narrow the focus" Full update notes will be posted later today." , left the door open for the concerns of the customers.
  19. IcyStone Well-Known Player

What do you mean by "enable"?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The decorations in Gotham and Metropolis were disabled (i.e. not turned on) and now they will be enabled (turned on).
    • Like x 1