sorc vs elec

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Oct 27, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

if you had to choose which is the better heal now? And why?
    • Like x 1
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I heard it's electicity, because of the HoTs and the mobility, compared to Sorc.

I still prefer Celestial tho, but Cele is power hungry.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I love sorcery and would rather be sorcery than any other power in the game atm.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Electric for 3 reasons
    Arc lightning: Great heal that arcs to each add and nearby team mates. My got to tank heal, or when adds spawn on players + has huge range
    Bio- Cap: Good 4 man heal + safety net
    Flux vs Boon of Souls: Flux will initially push back the adds when activated. It's not much but it gives a bit of breathing room to escape if need be
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You'd probably have to try both, cause they are very different. I know healing is the one part of sorcery that's not to bad. I've seen a very good battle healer as sorcery. They have a lot of very cheap powers that can be spammed. That's how sorcery is played in both roles really. Spam a 100 power. Electric is fine also. Just different styles of healing.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hempkrete Active Player

Both are great powers, sorcery is bit harder to play if you play with people that don't know how to position, but it has advantage over all healing sets because of tiny glitch that makes it OP. I won't mention it here. :D
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Ummm bio cap is now an 8 man heal with a massive cool down time
    • Like x 1
  8. krytine Loyal Player

I have been electric since soon after its release. Love playing it. It has been more of a burst style healer which didn't really fit a lot of players. Weather or not another power is power hungry or not it doesn't matter i was electric during its power hungry days and still most trolls didn't mind runny with me becuase they could tell i only healed when I had to. Instead of spamming. Each healer is a little different and if you pay attention to what going on electric is great if you want help you have your watcher. It just depends which style you prefer
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why choose? Have both
    • Like x 1
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

I know exactly what you mean, the other night I was trolling a cr214 healer that was healing thin air, and then when the group finally needed heals he was out of power an guess who got the blame...

I've seen this so many times healers just spamming heals when not needed.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sorry you are.correct. You plus 7
    18 sec isn't bad since it still has safety net
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

In my experience 98% of the healers in this game are like this. Imo the reason is because for so long this game has been about mashing buttons and nothing more. And nature healers during the AM era. Personally i dont cast any heals until people are taking damage. Also so many healers dont let their HoTs work for them. Alert group takes 10% damage and the healer empties their blue bar :confused: For years now i call em "hope and pray" healers. Spam heals non stop and hope and pray those heals hit the group at the right moment.

As for the OPs question imo its electric hands down.
    • Like x 2
  13. krytine Loyal Player

Not when it only last for 30s I have taken it out thats cool you like it I did for years but with it only active for 30s and being that the heals from it are as week as it is I just removed it
  14. krytine Loyal Player

A player doesn't need a heal when they are missing only 10% health. Use your weapon to regen your power or hold block to gain some back and move with the group and personally I don't thing a healer should be standing at max range be outside of the group but close enough for every heal of your to reach everyone including the tank. And I have seen healers waste power over and over becuase they are to worried about being to close and getting hit. Then the scripted long range move stun or whT ever ruins there day.
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, you can't heal effectively from the front door, even if you have a long-range heal, get in there and do some damage as well: the more damage you provide as extra means the faster the mobs go down, the faster the mobs go down means the less damage they are doing to you and you friends, just don't neglect to cast healing or shields when required
  16. Eve YouTuber

Sorcery, since It was the second power I have chosen in the game, and my first healing power. Well, now my character is DPS but
    Sorcery is defiantly my choice. I have electricity character, It just won't do it for me.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

If you prefer a fast reactive playstyle for healing go with elec. :)
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Electric is better simply because the new healing meta is burst or bust which caters to Electric healers. HoTs under-perform compared to the HP pools of the roles. Sorc is predominately HoT based so it suffers more compared to Electric. Both are power friendly, and both are fairly easy to heal with.

Now for my personal opinion lol. Pick the power you like and enjoy playing with. Everyone's preferences are different, and you may enjoy one over the other. I will always heal with Celestial and make it work regardless of the condition simply because I love the power. That's the best way to choose a power/role to play imo.
    • Like x 4
  19. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Nature still op? You gotta remember, I haven’t played since time capsules launched.
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Personally I think each healer power has it's own uniqueness. That way it covers pretty much all player styles that healers want to use. Each are strong at something and weak at something that's all. Now it's more up to the individual player to make it work
    • Like x 4