Roleless buffs and the hate they bring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Winter Sabel, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

They could always adjust the content. That;s the typical thing that's done when something is deemed too difficult. The players would always have the option of shouting, forming their own group, or swapping roles.
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I agree there definitely needs to be tutorials for all the roles. DPS included.

As someone that has raised kids, taught kids, coached football ( soccer ), American football, baseball, basketball & helped kids get noticed and receive scholarships for these sports. I have sent in information on what kind of tutorials need to happen at level 30 to the powers that be based on what I know from these experiences. What they do with that information is up to them.

No matter how you slice it the roleless buffs need to be removed. It all boils down to that this game is a team game and supporting individuals that think I am the only player on the team mentality is a recipe for disaster. This is what we have at end game right now. A DISASTER.

We have kids running around acting like total jerks because roleless buffs are in the game. If you are not a DPS your trash, an idiot, a F88king idiot and any other swear words that you can think of all because they know roleless buffs are there.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Here are to options, two ways you can play the game but this one here, it does not work don't use that one. If you do you will become a bad person and a bad player, enjoy.
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Meh... honestly when I log in to any game, not just this one, the tutorial is skipped if at all possible.

I wanna play, not study.

Besides, its too late now. The train is almost at the end of the line.
    • Like x 1
  5. Bloodlife New Player

No need to correct instances, or to make big adjustments.
    Gives a point down to pure dps and a point up to main roles (yes I call dps the offrole):

1- Instead of roleless buffs, give roleless DEBUFFS. Something like 10 to 25% penalty.
    less powerback if no troll (power back penalty in anything taht gives power, be it suply, soda, sc, out of fight recovery, etc)
    les heath recobery if no healer (HP back penalty)
    less total health/defence if no tank (defense penalty or max HP penalty, but this one could be ignored by the masses)
    2 - Add some bonus replay or marks to tank/healer/troll in each content, but just if they never changed role inside the instance

With these 2 I'm sure + people would play the healer/troll/tank roles.

Call me crazy, but we need to change people mind, not game content again, so these could work.

Be free to spread the idea if you also think it could work. Also, not an programmer expert, but they seem simple to implement (comparing to things actually already tested/discussed).
    • Like x 1
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

All the "Role Optional Alerts Off" setting does is guarantee you will have one person whose power is Atomic, Earth, Fire, Ice, or Rage, one person whose power is Celestial, Electricity, Nature, Sorcery, or Water, and one person whose power is Gadgets, Hard Light, Mental, Munitions, or Quantum, and only if those people queued in with both Damage and Tank, Healer, or Troll, depending on the power. It does not guarantee that the person is set up to perform said roles, nor does it guarantee that the person will play said role.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'd like to see the roleless buffs get reduced. Maybe not completely go away, but they certainly should be no substitute for a person performing the actual role. Want it to go faster/smoother? You should have the role present. You may not need all of the roles for the adds leading up to the boss fights, but you certainly should want them during the boss fights.
    • Like x 1
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

...but I dont care if the players play DPS or SUPPORT.

If you can do it as four DPS great!!!

No need to alter anything with the abundant amount of updates we have had since the buff was introduced.
  9. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

What if you could only pick one...

Power.

Toughness.

or Heal.

Not all three...
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In a raid you have 4 more players, two or three of them being support.
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Yes, and those two to three players may or may not know how to play support roles...

Like a dog chasing its tail here, we can keep going in circles, expecting better results, but there wont be any.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nope!!!! Those kinds of players will STILL find something to be nasty about. There's a tool to eliminate your encounters with them...Ignore.

You want the roleless buff gone to encourage and improve the Support Role population??? Fix Support roles. Make them something more than just an unfortunate necessity. A good place to start, give them a bit more damage output, you might get more people to switch. They can also use some resources to educate new players early on (before they become permanent DPSes) how to play their alternate roles.

But this fantasy that the roleless buff is somehow churning out a*holes in this game??? Pure fallacy. In fact, remove the roleless buff and you'll see even MORE of them pop out of the woodworks (mostly because more people will get frustrated quickly and lash out at their teammates).
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I did specify other than yourself, how many do you see.
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

It's not fantasy or a fallacy when DPS tell you to switch to DPS because of the roleless buffs and when you don't all hell ensues. It's a fact and the devs needs to acknowledge this cancerous BS that they alone started.
    • Like x 1
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

It would certainly be a lot more without the role less buff... the stat revamp did allow us to add/remove powers with the push of a few buttons. :D:p:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

Nothing wrong with the roleless buffs, they alow you to play the way you want, the community is the problem who tells you to switch to the roles they want you to play and if you decide to do so ur a part of the problem aswell...fight against the toxic community by standing up to ur way to play.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Have you ever played with someone who is brand new to healing, trolling or tanking??? Have you ever tried teaching someone what to do only to be ignored or worse, insulted for it??? Right now there is very little incentive for people to play support roles. Taking away the buff won't suddenly produce a healthy amount of competent support roles. What you will get is a stream of complaints from the players who suddenly can't get through alerts anymore. People in leagues and tight circles will have no problem....they don't have problems now. The rest will get shafted by such a move. Don't believe me...ask for the Devs to take away the buff for just one week...and watch how fast this all turns into a sh**storm.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

no,no,no its not always the DPS, in all my runs as a troller it was always the HEALER who insists on switching to DPS but u know what, i dont care i play as troller and if he doesnt like it he can votekick me or he can leave either way he is on my ignore list!
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We have kids AND adults running around acting like total jerks because they are total jerks who have the convenience of virtual anonymity on their side. If they could be bounced from the game for their behaviour, some of them MIGHT think twice before acting the fool. The roleless buff is not to blame for their behaviour. The roleless buff might be the reason why we have a less skillful player base, but the jerks were jerks before they ever put hands on the controller.

Seems to me that you are just VERY unlucky that you're running into the worst offenders in this game. I don't encounter these jerks in alerts like you do. The few that I have met have all been put on my ignore list post haste. You do that, and you will not be teamed up with them again (unless you encounter them on their alts....in which case, rinse and repeat). Removing the roleless buff will not automagically turn them into decent human beings...in fact, I can all but guarantee that you'll see even more jerks.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not too late...we still get new players. If they added those tutorials we would produce a better class of players, then maybe we could do away with the roleless buff (provided they also fixed rewards so that people would be encouraged to run their support side).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.