This earth thing is a little bit out of control

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MensSana, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MensSana Active Player

Hi,
    i just wanted to share the scorecard of my last USn[IMG][/IMG][IMG]
    The first on damage list was the tank!

i was the heal but, all the dps in the istance were quite good and we finish the raid in 20 min (we had to stop for 5 min at 2nd boss for 1 afk)

i think this can be very risky and unbalanced the game, because now we should create groups with 6 earth tanks, giving us a chance of survival never seen before, if combined with potential damage.

I personally think that there shouldn't be mono skill powers, with such a high dps; i mean:
    difficoult loadout = high damage
    easy loadout (1 skill loadout like earth - jackhammer) = low damage

than, do everything you want!
    bye!
    • Like x 2
  2. Jason Rage Active Player

Was the tank an Atomic Tank? As a atomic tank, you can wear tank gear but spec as a dps, you'll lose 10% damage but your powers will cost half as much.
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Why is everyone's healing out so high for a 25 minute raid?
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You finished the instance, and despite the AFK time, still managed to do it in decent time. So what exactly is the problem with Tank doing that much damage in PvE??? If this were PvP I could easily see an issue with this...but for PvE I can't see this as a problem. If it's a scoreboard chasing issue, just ignore the number one position/Tank and compare with what's left.
    • Like x 6
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Pretty sure the tank was earth. Hence the "this earth thing" in the thread title. In case ya missed that :p I could be wrong tho. But then im wondering what the OP means by "this earth thing."
    • Like x 5
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Well can trolls/heals do this? Imo thats the problem right there. Allowing 1 of the 3 support roles to do as much dmg or more then dps players. Imo this in an imbalance w/in the game. Cause like the OP said why not use 6 earth tanks then? What would even be the point of having dps when this can be done? And again why cant the other 2 support roles do this?

Imo this all comes from misinterpreted feedback about atomic tanking. When it 1st went live some players expressed loving atomic tanking and how active it was and never having to really block. And if ya remember when revamp testing 1st started they were trying to make all the tank powers like that. It is always stated on here this forum community is only 5% of the actual player community. But changes get made based off 15-20 people saying "i like this." I find that so weird. Im not against tanks doing more damage. But the way its set up now doesnt make sense to me. Tanks have the ability to tank and dps at the same time. While the other 2 support roles can attack too but they will never top the chart in a raid. Lastly the atomic nerf thats coming. It will be interesting to see if atomic tanks can still do this after that happens. If they cant but other tank powers like earth can?

Oh im sure someone might pop in this thread and say heals/trolls can do this. Ok lets see some proof of that then. A troller or healer topping the chart in dmg in an end game raid that also has decent dps players in the group. And to be clear im not against the battle support thing. I dont prefer it tho. If others wanna do it and can pull it off great. The reason i dont prefer it is most cannot come close to pulling it off. And the group/run suffers because of this.
    • Like x 7
  7. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

IKR, Harvey then Irma, It's nuts.
  8. Tarif Committed Player

They really need to balance our roles, stats, and powers. Dps is is the damage dealing class, and the imbalance is sickening to me. 5+ years playing and supporting this game daily and now I barely log in to do dailies.

They need to add the things that made a dps unique as a damage dealer again. Mods, and the Might Stat seprated from someone just specing into power pretty much for free, with none of the liabilities or clamps in content a dps has in place is straight garbage
    We have a damage dealing role. You want to spec in for a "battle support" role, there should be hindrances in place, and you sure as hell best have the SPs to do it, while not taking away from the dps role itself.Right now, that isnt the case. A dps base mod for example, used to give 60% damage increase to you IF IN DPS Stance, and 10% to all other roles. That DPS Specific Mod has been taken away from the damage dealing role, and set at a flat rate for all roles to take at an idiotic 2%. Getting that Mod back on track is a start I want to see before they address the stat and clamp problems, in an effort to balance our roles and actually make the dps role matter again.

Come on with this nerf garbage already. I play and supported this game for the growth and progression for my character. With this game wide nerf, IT DOESNT EVEN FEEL LIKE IM PLAYING A SUPER HERO GAME ANYMORE. Devs on this had 2 years to get this right, to test, and to not make these kinds of horrible mistakes to a game we all have loved as fans supported as customers. FIX OUR GAME.

Im so sick of logging into a game that I have grown in as a player and a customer just to have it feel like Im working overtime on the weekend. All the content is do-able, but it is long, drawn out, and tedious because the way our stats are not mattering much at all, an imbalance to our powers, roles, and in the fact that a dps isnt even mattering much at all right now. They have nerfed the role, and have taken everything unique from it being the damage dealer, and our game is suffering because of it. Period.
    • Like x 3
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

There has to be something way off there. I run with Earth tanks and Atomic tanks and they never come close to my damage out. Maybe those DPS aren't as good as you think they are? Are they doing some really low-power, long-range patty cake build? I'd really like to see a video of that run.
    • Like x 4
  10. Tarif Committed Player

Because we have a Damage Dealer Role. Its been nerfed, its stats have been given to any support role who wish to partake for just specing into power, and Mods that used to be DPS specific, are no longer allotted to be damage dealing specific. Base mod that gave 60% damage increase in dps stance for instance, now every role, including the dps, gets a flat 2%. Its not a balance to our roles, and it has turned a game many of us have loved as players and supported as customers for years - into straight hot, imbalanced garbage. This is disgusting to many people I know in game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tarif Committed Player

Nope, happens constantly. Dont need SPs, dont need to better my loadout or get my skill up...and I see it all the time. Dps lost all role specific mods, are clamped in certain content over a set number, and anyone specing into power pretty much gets might for free. Combine that with flavor of the month, horribly imbalanced powers right now, and we get all this garbage "battle support" spamming with none of the nerfs or hindrances the actual Damage Dealing Role gets right now. The Devs really need to address the roles, there are 4, not 3, always has been, and they need to balance our powers and make our stats actually matter for being role specification. Quick like.
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The guy you quoted is an ice dps, so yeah I'll take his word for something being off
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

More boohooing by bad dps that can't out dps a support role.
    • Like x 1
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's possible the atomic and earth tanks I run with don't know this super special mega-DPS rotation stuff that's going on in his runs. But if it's something that's happening all the time, I think I would have seen it at least once. I can't rule anything out.
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

You do realize I am sure, that no DPS could potentially play from the tray if they did this, correct?

The opposite could be just as easily said, you as DPS are getting "free" power, by specking into might.

That free isn't even really free... I do have to use an SP to get it.
    • Like x 6
  16. Tarif Committed Player

17. Tarif Committed Player

I posted on this before, a dps should have to spec into power for additional power for their characters. A good Dps always has.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Let's keep going til we're back to the we were in during am before midrange where nobody but dps could contribute meaningful damage. Those were popular times.
    If the op is telling the truth, Only thing this group suffered from is bad dps players.
    Never saw an earth tank with anywhere near that much healing out though.
    • Like x 5
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If what the op saying is correct, a 20 min us run with tank as 1st place is a problem. 20 minute us run is pretty good. Tbh I don't think the top is earth, I think he is electric because of the healing out.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which will throw everything out of balance because not everyone has a gajillion sp to maximize PFtT potential. If they were sperate it would take 412 SP to have the same effectiveness that we do now. Hybrid would be king and combo powers would be wasted time and effort.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.