Dec Team and Mepps Please Eliminate Scoreboard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not_again Dedicated Player

The scorecard is the game for way too many players for them to remove it. The game can not afford another population drop after a major overhaul in combat just lost a portion of the population. This topic would be much easier to debate a few weeks ago. I see this gaining no traction any time in the near future.
  2. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Vets use that all the time. It's perfect and accurately measures damage. The scoreboard doesnt
    • Like x 1
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

I remember when someone asked spytle (former dcuo creative director) if there was one thing he regretted adding to the game , hes answer.... the scoreboard :)
    • Like x 2
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I parse like crazy hell 9/10 times I have my tab on combat so I can see my parser.

if I heal its healing out, if Im on my fire tank its on healing in, and if its a DPS char its dmg per sec / 10 seconds.

this helps me figure out a ideal loadout so I can figure out something good for my play style and then tweak after running something and basing it off how long it took and how it felt in content. TBH thats how it should be, but its not.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

because every role has a purpose. You start taking away that purpose you remove the role from the game and create unbalance which is what everyone seems to be crying about already no?

I agree stacking SHOULD make content harder without proper roles that was the developers original plan when doing this revamp but they caved for whatever reason :rolleyes:

And to clarify Im not saying cripple support roles damage, make so they can get through solo's alone without needing to ask for help or without struggling. But dont have the dmg high enough to where a DPS has to question their output or loadout either. It shouldnt matter SP/mods ect a DPS should always be doing more dmg then a tank / heal, thats how its always been, with trolls doing slightly less then DPS.

all of a sudden people expect to battle support and it to be a trend, just because some do it to mix things up should mean its a form of play nor should it mean that it should mean support role be expected to do x amount of dmg.

at best it should be 1/4 of a DPS' dmg.
  6. Roocck Committed Player

I agree that in these past 2 weeks there has been more complaining about certain powers being so called op (not true). Truth is these complainers need to spend a little more time working on a better loadout for there power and less complaining. In my opinion, by removing the scoreboard it's not going to calm down or stop the complaining but instead it'll increase, because everyone wants to compare and know what was the damage difference. (just my opinion)
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its players like that that focus on the scoreboard though. And its that reason alone the scoreboard should be person by person not seen as a group.

Because then who are you going to compete with in PvE? Yourself?
  8. Fies Committed Player

The scoreboard is really innovative. There are (mostly 3rd party) "DPS-meters" for every (relevant) MMO out there. DCUO was smart and innovative enough to directly implement it into their game. Its a great feature and really nobody ever forces you to even look at it. With just a little bit of practise you will be able to just close your eyes when it pops up and close it right away without even looking at all the hurtful information.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

actually its not that certain roles are getting these buffs its how they work and how powers work within power sets.

I dont agree read my quote above this 1
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

Technically, DCUO was the first superhero mmo on the console.
    City of heroes/City of villains was the first in general, and also our new CEO Jackster was part of that.

But as far as the scoreboard, I 100% agree. If it were gone players would communicate and change strategies, instead of looking at the SB, then kicking or disbanding.

Ive seen the difference in other MMOs without scoreboards. The win everyone strives for is completion of the instance.....not score chasing.

Overall, its silly....and pathetic... it has gotten this bad. Revamp only restarted the nerf /buff cycle we began 5 years ago.

We all should embrace each others strengths, not call for them to be removed.

We are on the same team.(PVE) Nerf/buff requests ya think would come from PVP for fairness, nope not in DCUO. Here we are jealous of our teammates, and have sabotaged DPS powers for 5 years.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

That's for sure, sadly.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

So u have spent the last few days telling everyone the revamp is balanced and questioned multiple players skill but now that its been proven at least 1 power is nowhere near balanced its "get rid of the scoreboard"? :rolleyes: And now its all about teamwork huh after questioning the skill of so many players. Sorry not buying it.

The scoreboard simply needs an overhaul. It does not need to be removed.
    • Like x 3
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

of course it does...
  14. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

It would have no effect on population maybe except getting rid of a minority of players that are not wanted anyways.
    • Like x 1
  15. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, as long as my I can help my team defeat the enemy and finish the instance to win it, that's what matters to me. I couldn't care less who did what amount of what where or when.
    • Like x 4
  16. not_again Dedicated Player

That's just not true. It would decrease the population thus decreasing revenue which is not a good thing. You may not like these players but they are paying customers and more then likely big spenders. If this was my game I would be trying to attract these type of players because they are willing to spend big $$$ to get ahead of the next guy.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Funny that you are here whining about the scoreboard....
    The irony... lol
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wonder how many people would leave the game if damage out was taken out of the scoreboard ... I know people will say they would leave cause of non scoreboard chasing reasons if damage was taken out of the equation I wonder how many would just flat or fess up they left cause it was removed cause the chase was over
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I know of games where there is no scoreboard but the market place actually has items people want that they are willing to pay for

This game has that potential but they squander it with rng not only in game drops but booster bundles or capsules.

I know people spent 40 dollars on a skin for a mount a skin it does nothing but look aesthetically pleasing and they dropped 40 on it

I can only imagine what people would pay here if they gave us a full on superman costume looking just like the costume in game hair and all
  20. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Don't mess with the scoreboard. If it ain't broke don't fix it. All dps are not picking up. U should watch who u run with. The scoreboard helps a lot of ppl out.

Scoreboard brings a competitive edge to the game. Don't mess wit it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.