Dec Team and Mepps Please Eliminate Scoreboard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Better idea, personal scoreboards.

This solves both problems - those who want scoreboards gone, and those who dont.

You only see what YOU and YOU alone did in said instance. While those of us that dont care can continue not to care ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I do feel like quantum sorcery and mental could use a buff in the play front he tray style of game and i think that celestial needs to be looked at when it comes to the amount of power it takes to play from the tray and the amount of power it takes for battle healing....

And i think controllers and healers should get the damage buff tanks got...

These are fixes i feel still need to happen but for the most part we are closer to balance then ever... but somet hink if they get beat by 100k-500k they got obliterated
    • Like x 1
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh tanks shouldnt of gotten that much of a buff JS.

Has a tank out DPS'd me since revamp? Nope but I still stand by what I say ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I agree...if one support role is getting a buff in damage ALL should. You are basically saying that one support role is more important than others...and keep in mind that WE support roles are making conscious decisions to give up our damage to put into resto, vitality, & dom. Give us all the buff.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Maybe personal damage scoreboards...

But it sure is nice to see who is suckin up all the resources in the raid when you continue to have wipes... who is dying constantly and if they added pick ups and people who are partipating in the mechanics.... opposed to those who arent...

Last night i was in a mostly friends alert group we were getting a random queue dps each time.. we queued up for something .. and one dps that joined didnt do anything but damage .. didnt pick up the healer when healer went down didnt hit any terminals even when he was standing next to one.. i kept having to pop my shield and run to the terminals or pick up the healer if the troll couldnt or wasnt close enough... players like that are the reason runs fail
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I don't know the op but I have to agree with him or her.

Scoreboard does not help the game in making it feel 'fun' to play. It's all about the numbers and last I checked this is not an 'accounting game' so enough with tallying the numbers. What needs to be shown is the number of deaths and pickups, completion time, number of wipes (if applicable), and how much damage was mitigated by using shields.

Those numbers are supportive and shows group strength as a whole and then you try to compete against those to try and get better thus creating skill. I'm sorry but more damage out is not skill in my book.
    • Like x 2
  7. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Drives me nuts when people are standing next to someone going down and don't pick up....especially if they are a DPS. There are 5 of you in this raid....pick up the healer next to you....the NPC tries to take out the healers first. Ugh.
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

Or ORRRRR... The devs can know their game, and know from their own play testing which powers are underperforming and overperforming and not rely on players feedback.

What yall think?
    • Like x 4
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

But i am def down to update the scoreboard
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Why not though? If for the most part tanks arent beating a dps.. why is it so bad that its doing that much damage?... it only makes the runs faster i think the other two support roles should be brought up to where the tanks are now.. it would eliminate the need for over stacking dps.. you can add a controller.. or healer or tank instead and the run will only be smoother... over stacking the dps could make the run faster but it should be way more difficult..

Besides i like the damage im doing now.. i dont have to have dps gear anymore for solos.. and it wont take me 10-15 mins to complete the solo i can complete it about 2 or 3 mins longer then i would have in dps role without having to have two sets of gear ...
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Players concerned about damage out usually means as a tank i have to hurry up and leave a mob before another dps decides to get out in front realize the mob he just aggroed was too much for him and surprise here they all come running he dies. People scramble to pick him up im scrambling to get all the adds he just aggroed into a group and people die wipes happen and that player has the audacity to say... tank wasnt pulling the adds haha...
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'd be good with this. I've never bothered to parse. I've always built my loadouts and tweeked them from running content. Right or wrong, that's what I do.

I get why people don't want it there, but like you said, some of us use it for other reasons than gloating.
    • Like x 1
  13. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

You can tell if someone is being effective by watching them and how fast things are burning doen, and if they are doing pickuos, and if they are interacting with instance objectives and instance mechanics, whether or not the heals are keeping people up, or if there is enough power, or if the boss is being debuted by the controller or if the tanks is pulling adds, or if the tank can take the damage.

Praticarlo none of these thing are included on scoreboard which we to this day use to monitor if someone is effective or not. We actually don't need the scoreboard to do any of it.
    • Like x 1
  14. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

I agree. And I think we are closer to balance because we are now back to the setting in which the game was originally designed imo, if there is any such thing as balance which I beieve is such a gimick
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

REVAMP IT.

Have it display stats for the particular player only or better yet, have it display stats for the account holder. For example, you completed this instance in X:XX, you did XXXX amount of damage. The last time you ran the instance on toon XXXX you completed it in X:XX, and did XXXX damage, your best time in the instance you played on toon XXXX, completing the instance in X:XX, doing XXXX damage. This would allow players the ability to compare how they play with a particular toon in comparison to their other toons in the same content.
    • Like x 1
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

I argued for the removal for 5 years.

There's too many kids that think the scoreboard IS the game.

Or they try and argue that it's the only way to know if they, or others, are doing their job.

This is the only MMO I've ever played with a scoreboard. And I can say, for sure, that's it's the games number one problem. No question.
    • Like x 7
  17. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

I think you may be in to sonething. I completely spaced the whole kid issue.

My hat is off to you for arguing removal of scoreboard for 5 years. Keep fighting bud.

Once removed we will see a drastic improvement in quality of players and game and content emersion
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yep.

I said it before;
    "Vets don't need to look at the scoreboard to know who is doing well."
    ;)
    • Like x 3
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is the Combat window to check your damage if you need to know if you are really "doing better".
    • Like x 3
  20. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Could not have been state better.

Thank you
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.