Stop Just Stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 6, 2017.

1. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I'm speaking from experience with powers that I've tested, and use regularly. We've been around DCUO long enough to know that every time a major change hits the game, there are numerous bugs to deal with. This time its the high CRs inability to breeze through lower level content, and some powers being extremely unbalanced.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

see thats just BS though, nobody has shown evidence of unbalance even after claiming it til they are red in the face.
    • Like x 2
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep everyone just in random groups going i beat this guy or he beat me this power is op lol. All while not taking skill/knowledge,skill points, stats, situations, deaths, who got to the adds first, buff colas, better trinket, orbital, supply drop, super use none of that. Thats lots of things to factor in, you can beat someone simply cause you rotate your trinkets and stuff better and more often then others but lets not take any of that into consideration or put together a controlled group to really test things out.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So how did you come to these conclusions you smash a few people in a pug group....
  5. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

What are you talking about? I said that I got smashed running HH at 201 CR in my original post.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

They don't pay any attention to the universal disdain for feats in time capsules, OP, it's a bit of a stretch to think they are going to nerf certain powers based on forum feedback.

Besides, Mepps got really excited when you made the same sort of point the other day.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

While I respect you and agree with a lot of what you say in this thread, is it your intention to state that battle healing exists right now and that folks just need to get "used to how it is now"?
    • Like x 2
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Oh i missed that and just cause someone beat you doesn't mean something else is op. I see from your sig your mental and mental is a power that needs some attention so saying someone beat you so that powers op isn't gonna hold up to well when playing with a lesser power like mental.

I do hope that mental gets some love and i think it will soon, hang in there. I had to wait 3 years for my power to be in a good spot so i know the feeling and i doubt you'll have to even wait to long.
    • Like x 5
  9. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I've run my toons through the same lower tiered instances at varying CR's. One is at 201, while the others are at 133 & 179 respectively. Earth's JH is simply unbelievable to the point that I can do the same amount of damage as my 201 toon (fully modded with Might SF's), except I have no mods on my Earth toon. Not sure if its roar, or simply the overall DOT stacking of my Nature toon (again, no mods), but the damage isn't much less than my 201 Mental toon.

I'm done here, good day.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you have to realize DoTs will always be best on high health enemies. Thats why when T5 and T6 started DoT powers really shined. because bosses and some adds had insane health then.

thats alot of whats going on now with bosses and adds. Thats why nature, elec seem to be doing better but in reality they are just better suited for those high health pools. Hell theres times going through SJ /WC I dont even get a rotation off before HL and gadget people kill things.
    • Like x 2
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Battle healing is a touchy subject and i'm not sure how or what the dev's consider battle healing. I'm pretty sure the main focus is on healing first and maybe they consider battle healing more of a weapon choice then ability choice. I'm not even sure where i stand on the subject either and i might be a little biased cause i just heal when i heal, sure if its easy stuff i mess around and melee and what not but i never build my healer for anything but maximizing my healing and honestly haven't gotten into seeing what kinda options are out there as far as battle healing goes yet so i can't really comment on that subject. I do however realize lots of people like to run a battle healing setup and i think there should be a few options but like i said i haven't messed with it much so i can't speak on that subject.
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i say let them talk and just ignore them, as long as they aren't doing anymore gorilla talking anymore. ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

people need to learn how to properly heal under the current revamp IMO before thinking of trying to battle heal. Yes I know you wasnt talking to me :p
    • Like x 1
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Like i said mental is a lesser power then both of those at the moment so those are pretty rough comparisons and stats matter not cr, you have to compare your stats these days not cr. Roar is also bugged thats why you might be doing better then you should with nature also.
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You kind of can't truly "battle heal" under this current revamp, which "ruined" Celestial because it took away it's niche factor (that it has had since launch). That's the main reason why I responded to Crappy the way I did because for anyone to sit around and say "healing is in a good spot" when a whole play style was taken away (and yet still exists for tanks and trolls, although trolls might still have a "harder" time figuring a decent current meta for it) for one support job... which made healing extremely bland and boring (as well as made Celestial far more of a chore... considering everything else they did to it).
    • Like x 1
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Get off that soap box.

You can't jump up on it and say things like how well the revamp is doing and we are closer to being balanced now than before......

especially when you turn right back around and start agreeing with people who have complained about a power having "broken" issues.

A player shouldn't be required to own multiple armories and forced to switch between multiple LOs specific to a single piece of content.
    I've seen more than 2 or 3 "Elite Vets/TESTERS" post that "suggestion" while backing you up on "the revamp is fine stance".

There are issues with some powers.

I won't comment on any power other than Quantum,

it has a few major issues that are affecting it,

1, Oblivion- the hard hitter- misses it's target when the target hasn't moved a single step, Takes 10 minutes to charge and misses
    2, Singularity- ok maybe some of it is scripted- but when the target and 6-7 adds just walk away from it like it hasn't been cast it just makes it useless
    3, AW and a few other powers- sometimes they don't even register a hit but you see all the pretty colors, other times you see all the pretty colors and a hit is counted and you get 0 damage

That's just off the top of my head after waking up and still on my 1st cup of coffee but there are more issues then just those 3.

Just because you wish this were true,,,

doesn't make everything sunshine, roses and lollipops for the rest of the player-base playing the other 7 powers you didn't list..

Yeah, yeah, I know,

there are some members who will take offense at this post and start making derogatory, degrading and belittling comments, some will even toss out a few names.....

guess it's time for them to take their own advice and......................................

"get a thicker skin".
    • Like x 4
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The main problem with healing, although this was discussed many times during all of the phases of the revamp and the devs never chimed in on the subject directly, is healing got things taken away and lost "true variety" in this update.... and they got nothing back in return. It messed with what made Celestial for so long (other healing powers had the capability but none shone as much as celestial).

Oh well guess I just have to hate this game more :p
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

But I KNOW this (insert power and/or play style here) is underperforming because I'm the best player at the game and has tried every combination possible and know what I'm doing!
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

prove it :p
    • Like x 1