Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. LT Schmitt Committed Player

10-15 is TO LONG!!! I could solo nexus in less than 5min yesterday it should be the same. We are not robbing anybody of anything, people want to be max CR ASAP to play with the masses, and if people stop running it than people will just be lost. For example: shortly after the free 100cr boost you could sue for DOX, Nexus, A7B and you would get into whole groups of CR 100 looking for someone high in CR to come help them out and get them some SP.

What is wrong with that?
    • Like x 1
  2. Isif Committed Player

Today is a new day. Enjoy some skipped content with some new comrades.
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

One they get their easy skill points they eventually were considered noobs and kicked from groups regularly. That's not a good environment. The expectation is new players should be able to experience the game the way someone like me who has played from day one did.
    • Like x 7
  4. CaptainBombus Level 30

So revamp was the solution to people steam-rolling old content? Who was that a problem for? I understand you want new players to actually experience a challenge without old players just one-shotting everything, but there was an easier solution to this than revamp. Devs could have just created separate queues for old content that only higher CR players could get into. That way nothing would have been spoiled for new players and old players would still get the benefit of their character development, CR, and stats when they occasionally run old content. It was supposed to be "stats matter" right?
    • Like x 4
  5. LT Schmitt Committed Player

So 5 years to get to the current content? Look at the facts less people are playing the older content and when people do play it, it is mostly for feats that they did not get leveling up. For example the no death feat DOX. Now with the new way of doing things less people are going to run that content so people are going to be stuck in ques for longer and have an even thoughter time running the earlier content. This leads more people giving up the game and not coming back. If I had a friend who asked me to come and play this game from the start and I could not run the content he is running I would be pissed, I would also be pissed if I tried to get a friend to come play this game and I had to spend all my time running content with them the I need to spend it on current content that gives me the rewards I need to keep on progressing.

What this update is telling new costumers is that we don't care about you or your money we want to keep ONLY the VETS happy!!!
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's not really a game at that point. We are reviewing all the feedback and it's about degrees, but we have specifically made changes to address some of that toxic non-play that was doable previously.
    • Like x 18
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm trying to figure out how you all came to the opinion. It's good in most other MMOs, in most other RPG, and was good in DCUO up until today.
    In you all opinion what happen when high levels stop doing low level content? I'm just asking, why do the devs think high level players will struggle in low level content that offer next to nothing at endgame?
    • Like x 7
  8. Larry Labotomy Level 30

My fondest memories in dcuo where days when i spent 5 hours trying to pug my way through a dox when t6 first released shortly before gu 47.

I'm still waiting for my game to update so i haven't got to see the changes first hand but in my experience the struggle is what makes this game fun. so if this update has brought some of that back i don't personally think there could have been a better change.

its nice to be able to complete content fast and get your rewards easy SOMETIMES, but when its every time you que into something it gets old real fast and its not a game that can keep someone like me invested. now if i gotta work hard to complete my content it hold more value to me.
    • Like x 3
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

While i get the reasoning. I understand his frustration. It was nice going into Nexus and blowing off some steam. That raid in particular is popular simply becasue of how hard it was when it launched and I still have hard feelings towards lex because of it.
  10. Larry Labotomy Level 30

I would imagine the same way we got through our content back in the day. sure it was harder and took alot longer but it wasn't a boring chore to grind up to endgame content just to finally have a challenge like its been the past year or more. I used to love rerolling characters knowing that i'd be an asset to my pug because i knew the mechanics and could help a group figure out a raid. that all went away after GU 47 and everything pre t6 felt like an expanded tutorial.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's a wide range of things between struggling in content and being able to solo-oneshot group content in under five minutes.
    • Like x 17
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yuup, T5 was when stats jumped through the roof too.
  13. LT Schmitt Committed Player

While this may be true and you may of inadvertently gave us a 2 reasons to not to run this content.

1) people who ran it just wanted to kill everything and lay waste to it all just won't run it.
    2) By removing the need for marks for my utility belt I no longer need to run Dox and Nexus each week for my 11 marks and that is one less thing I have to worry about.

Now, to a bigger problem has anyone tried to run these two at level and can you report on the increased time it takes to run the content. If FOS3 has gone from 3min (including cut scenes) to 18min what has happened to groups who run it at level? 2hrs? What about FOS2? What about Dox?

I just can't stop thinking you tried to fix a problem that was not real when all you had to do is just add WALK in to ALL content and you could address the concerns of many who complain about high level stopping lower content.
    • Like x 6
  14. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

I have a solution why don't we give a buff to players soloing lower raids for feats...problem solved. If they run in groups we turn off the buff so they can't steamroll through content and low cr players actually get to participate and learn mechanics. The nerf in stats and raids becoming harder was due to dps's steamrolling in lower content and newbs not being able to play because things were dying too fast. My solution solves both problems also adding walk ins solves the soloing part.
    • Like x 1
  15. LT Schmitt Committed Player

This is where walk in come in to play!! Just return the DOX walk in and you solve the problem you can lower (buff) the content for all and higher players will use the walk in.

I like you idea you on the right track
    • Like x 3
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

By logic, if you have over 200 SP and run FOS3, you should be able to beat it. Why not create a SP relevancy? For example, if you have 150 SP you beat all T3, if you have 200 SP you beat all T4 and so on.
    • Like x 1
  17. supalova20 Well-Known Player

something is wrong with you....it should be that long and not a stupid 5 min burn......keep it like this devs
    • Like x 3
  18. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

I've played this game since it first came out in 2011 on PS3 & now on xbox one..I went from having a toon with 100sp (which wasn't great,but it was getting worked on) cr 103 that could hold his own in t6 raids & quite often was near the top in damage scores to now having that same toon get knocked out in the oan sciencells & couldn't even beat captain boomerang & took 6 minutes to beat fullhouse with a group of 4 people. So thanks alot stats revamp for ruining my character. I was looking forward to all the new content coming out, but thanks to this revamp I'm not renewing my subscription when it expires. You have made this game unplayable. Under this revamp my character can't do the raids for which his CR says he supposed to do which means he can't get marks to get gear & feats to get new skill points & there's zero incentive for me to go through lower level raids that I don't get anything from. So what is the point to me wasting my time on this game then. I've seen characters run nexus of reality & paradox wave with the required CR of 84 & higher get knocked out with one hit & the apparent solution is to make it even tougher...way to ruin a good thing.
    • Like x 3
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

1 -2 hours sounds about right at level. That is what they were originally meant to be. That's why there were speed feats back in the day. Beating a raid under 60 minutes used to be an accomplishment. I still remember getting pissed at losing ot on a speed feat because the timer ran through the cutscene so you had to beat it at like 55 mins just to be sure. Your team had to be solid. Heck, I remember running FOS 1 and spending hours at the Brood mother trying to come up with Strategies to effectively take it out. I want that game back.
    • Like x 2
  20. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Difficulty is getting looked at don't be surprised if things get nerfed too many players are complaining. Theres a thread in developers discussion that has to do with stats revamp difficulty go complain in there.
    • Like x 2