New vendor prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, May 27, 2017.

1. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

So with the way it's set up now, like AF3, then there not planning another dlc for another 6+ months.To me thats unacceptable, my league lost a good 10 people over the last few months and others really slowed down there time on the game, I guess they don't get it, we pay $15 a month for a game where we get stuff every 6 months, not right and your killing the game by doing this, 3 -4 months is fine but not 6, yes i know there are events for a month but there not the same as a episode. Please do not kill the game, I have put to much time,effort and rl money into this for that to happen so have a lot of others, plus I've met some awesome people in this game, you have a good thing going so don't mess it up please.
    • Like x 13
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

I fully agree. It seems to be a subject they don't want to properly discuss though as multiple threads have been deleted or locked up. We'll just have to see if they decide to make any changes as they know it's something people don't want, but honestly I don't see that happening.
    • Like x 4
  3. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

Thats a shame, i just hope he reads it and at least give some feedback, I think the community is united on this one.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

This is what Mepps had to say about it:

5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Oh it will be getting changed, don't you worry.
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

Who said there wouldn't be another DLC or new event for another 6+ months? That's a pretty big assumption unless you have comments from a Dev.

Citation needed
    • Like x 2
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

By the way things look and were for the last year, for me worst year ever in DCUO history... it will be like that.
    Maybe another free event in autumn, then next DLC for early 2018... heck, probably Power / Core game Stats Revamp, Water and style unlock will still be on development for 2018.

To me it looks like they are releasing tiny bits of content and putting big updates and systems on hold for this long because they know the game is closing soon.

AKA they will not see a penny from me until I see improvements, updates and MP releases.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Needed for whom...you?
    Assumptions is based on Mepps statement...and let's be honest here. An event does not equal DLC
    • Like x 4
  9. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Where did he spoke about "event"? He only wrote "DLC" aka episode. Citation needed :p

Honestly with what mepps said that "the prices are meant to match AFIII in terms of timeframe" literally means that we won't see a new episode before 2017 and not at earliest as february 2018 (cause anniversary event in january). It can't be worded more obvious than that unless you werent here for the past 6 months.
    • Like x 8
  10. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

This is what the player base wanted going back to 3 months content from monthly they said if we do this we won't have no content to put out for 6 months we all agreed to it now don't complain when the next dlc doesn't drop for another 6 months do to the setback of going back to something that is harder than something that was easier.
    • Like x 1
  11. SilkyPawz Bunny

I was on test myself an saw the prices, I was in shock to say the least. The Crafting has gone from AF3 needing only 1 Essence Purifier to craft 1 gear mod to needing 12 now.

The Price of the gear the OP items is just insane, it's just too much of an increase for the content. It's not enough content for such a price increase. I understand there would be an increase that is not my issue, it's just too much of an increase.

When I am looking forward to the TC gear more then the actual in game gear that is just sad. The in game new gear to me is ugly an we already have that style in the game.

I have been playing DCUO for 3 years an I am just disgusted an feel the fun is no longer there , it has become some what of a job/chore, it's to repetitive over an over an over just the same content. I love all my alt's it was one of the most fun things about the game for me, they all have their own I guess style , personality an I worked so hard on them, for what for this ?

I love this game but the direction it has gone in the past year just makes me sick. My subscription to me is worthless with so little content an the Events , why can't events be DLC why??? I have slowly seen more an more of my friends leave this game not just league mates but friends that made the game fun are almost all gone.

I feel nothing will change. So many have made wonderful suggestions about Quality of Life game changes an nothing unless it makes them money, nothing will be changed.

I wanted to voice my concern because I am just so upset :(
    • Like x 6
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I made a thread talking about how the gear prices aren't actually bad, but it got deleted. Same will probably happen with this one.

If you add up the numbers, gear costs the same amount of weeks to get as AFIII did. So that part is actually totally fine.

The OP pieces do cost more, not sure if that's because they're like back, head and waist.

And the price of the helmet styles is also absurd. But the gear is fine.
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Half and maybe a little bit more of last year was taken up with monthly episodes then an uncharacteristically long pause as content was reworked back into large content. Comparing last year to this year is about as apples and oranges as you can get.

Exactly right. You're making an assumption and not based on any Dev statement. If anything the closest comparison is the first half of this year which gave us two new events overlapping a DLC from end of last year. As far as events not being a DLC, see below.

It's reasonable to look at events as new content. They're at least medium size, and in some cases significantly bigger than some of the earlier DLCs like Lightning Strikes (Starro alone was nearly twice as big as LS). If you're going to say a June DLC is not enough to keep players going until next January, you'd be right except that's not all there is if you count seasonals and in the absence of information the only close period you could compare to is the first half of this year which gave us time on the last dlc plus two events plus (so far) four seasonals.

Lots of things to be concerned about right now with current and future developments. Lack of things to do is not one of them.
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

Events ARE NOT DLC !!! The feats associated with them are even under Major Events, Not under Episodes/DLC.
    • Like x 5
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Tell me you're not actually calling the Anniversary event and seasonals "content", lol.
    • Like x 4
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

Never said they were, but they are medium to large content that takes up weeks to months worth of time. That counts as something significant to do which, if done well, is worth something to a paying member. Isn't that the main point of the OP? That there isn't enough content worth the sub price and that somehow an event doesn't count? Why shouldn't a large event count? The only real difference between a DLC and event is the time limit? Does that really matter if one is time limited and the other isn't? Seems like just an excuse to complain to me.
    • Like x 2
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

Besides the time limit and some of the clamping, how is it different than any other DLC?

Both give new gear/styles
    Both allow you to earn marks
    Both have multiple group size missions and an open world area
    Both allow for feats and progression

Seems to me events and DLC have more in common as content than not
    • Like x 2
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

It's NOT DLC ! stop shoving your own agenda down peoples throat when it is a lie. That is the problem with the game.

The feats associated with them is under Major Events , Not Episodes/DLC.. It is free for everyone it is Not DLC not matter how you want to sugar coat it.
    • Like x 6
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

You're missing the point. I never said it was a dlc but who cares. It's still content with potential to be great content.
    • Like x 2
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

True. All of the sub-only events truly add value to the membership.

/sarcasm
    • Like x 2