Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

How about a "current events" flat screen that would show news clips from whatever seasonal/major event is up, and if there isn't one up either shows clips for the newest episodes or a news talk show with some heroes or villains.
  2. Blight KOBRA Commander

Like the current Batman and Flash base item packs on the Marketplace now, I'd like a Lexcorp and HIVE base item packs, only I'd like them to be specifically League Hall size items. I'm hard pressed for items that would like right in my underwater Terror Drome base and a lot of the base items for Lexcorp and HIVE, the vehicles, weapons, supplies, scattered around the game would be excellent. In fact there are a lot of designs for Lexcorp and HIVE vehicles and weapons that were never incorporated into the game that would be excellent League Hall sized base items. One of the game's many artists, Carlos A'Danda, still has sketches of them posted on DeviantArt -
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

More vehicles would be awesome. On top of the HIVE and LexCorp ideas above, I'd also throw in WayneTech, STAR Labs, JLA and Legion of Doom vehicles, and there's nothing wrong with some cool, "regular" vehicles too; sports cars, motorcycles, etc. And I know this is off topic, but a Motorcycle movement variant for Super-Speed would be amazing. Just sayin.

I really like the Iconic base bundles and wouldn't mind more of those, especially for Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Superman, Black Manta, and the New Gods. Granted, you can emulate a lot of those with base items we already have, but what about, for example, the statue of Jor-El and Lara holding up Krypton? How about a Guardian of the Universe as a Base NPC? One of Harley's hyenas as a base pet? That'd really just tie the whole room together, and if the Base bundles have stuff like that in them, they'll probably sell better (the pets really seem to be popular!)

Really enjoying the Base pets and Ambush Bug as a base NPC. More of that would be great. STAR Labs scientists, LexCorp security, or Gotham thugs would be cool, and I'd like to see more D-list heroes and villains too; Fire and Ice (I feel like that one has to be a combo deal), Parademons, Deadman, Prankster.....I'd like my League Hall to not only be full of random (iconic) heroes and villains but also some support staff, know what I mean? Yeah, there's players in the Hall of course, but there's something cool about flying through your Hall and passing an iconic character on your way to the Broker that really just helps sell the idea of you being inside the DCU.
  4. Love fairy Level 30

Chairs and stuff in league hall you can interact with as in sit on if you click on it I wnat to have meetings :)
  5. Ascended Well-Known Player

That's a cool idea.

I'd love to have a "team table" of some sort. There's one round table that looks about right (optimized large table or something?) but it's not exactly League Hall sized. And you can't interact with it of course.

More interactive base items would be great; I like the speaker that plays music but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg.
  6. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

I really would like to ABC's (letters) in the game. It would be cool to be able to speed out your league name and players names!
  7. microhatter Active Player

Butlers and/or maids that work similar to the ambush bug base item..just kinda wanders around the base with fancy british/french accents. That'd be awesome.
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

Adding a couple things to my list from a couple posts above.

Security guards who don't walk around, but salute when you pass. Could be generic soldiers, or they could belong to an iconic DC organization. Or robots. Oh! Maybe they're tied to your Base theme, like the backup! Or your mentor! :) Nah, probably not.

NPC sparing target. Instead of the hologram could we get an actual person? A wise old martial arts sensi, or a archmage, or I dunno what else.

Love interest. Versions in both genders and multiple skin tones/hair colors (okay hair might be pushing it). Wanders around but follows you when you're close. Says.....I dunno, romantic stuff like "did you pay the electric bill this month?" or "My mother's coming to visit for a week!"

Some more Iconic characters to go along with my above post.....Snapper Carr, the Wonder Twins, Kite-Man, Wild Dog, Parademon/Forager, Apache Chief and the other Super Friend originals, Detective Chimp, Elongated Man, the Gang of Harleys, Toyman, Johnny or Jakeem Thunder, and your Sidekick (he's gotta go somewhere, right?). And Metron, who could float in one place and say creepy, cryptic things.

Iconic Base pets; Krypto, Ace the Bat-Hound, Bat-Mite, Mr. Myxplyzlix, Kanga, Gleek, Aquaman's giant sea-horse, Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt, Brainiac 5's monkey, one of Catwoman's cats.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would like a vulcano league hall. or something deep underground with lava streams all over... take trigons prison for example.
    complete with earthquake and sysmics once in a while... yeah!
  10. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    need this bot as a trinket and as a base item
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    A helper bot to help ariund your base and League halls(like ambush bug)
    [IMG]
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has anyone suggested holographic globes like the ones in the HQ's? Blue or red color schemes. Lair and League Hall sized.

I'd love to be able to center something like that in the middle of my Lair's tech-room table, you know? Or use it as the centerpiece of my Hall's Monitor Womb.

How about flat-screens that are "communication channels" with various iconic characters?
    • Like x 1
  12. Nodens Dedicated Player

"Super speed generator"? What's that, and where in the mission is it? I'm sure you're not talking about the treadmill that's included in the pack.
  13. Nodens Dedicated Player

That green hard-light energy construct cat isn't actually a base item. It's a trinket pet received as a reward from one of the Survival Modes. (Oan Sciencells, I believe). There are actually a few different versions you can get and only a few are cats. I personally would love to get my hands on the blue bird, but, considering how I suck in SM, I know that'll never happen. =(
  14. Nodens Dedicated Player

No kidding. I was just considering removing amenities entirely from my eastern lair. =/
    • Like x 1
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

IKR, I dread going into my eastern lair every day. It's like DO I HAVE TOO????I love the style but the sounds are horrible.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Shandirra1006 Active Player

Keep the music in the Eastern lair. I like it. It's appropriate.

To further the Eastern/Dynasty look , we need absolutely EVERYTHING in Madame Xanadu's Magic Shop:

Wall details/trims. Skylights, single paper lanterns, the pagoda style lanterns, those HUGE bookcases, the gorgeous doorways, the magic glowing fountains, tapestries not available in game already, potions/notions shelves, reception desk, flame wall sconces, railings, floor mosaics... All of it!
    • Like x 1
  17. Nodens Dedicated Player

The music is fine. That can stay. It's that God-awful racket being made by the amenities that's causing the migraines. For some reason they sound a lot louder in the Eastern lair than in my others.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

We got all those Mogo themed items long ago, but we still don't have the Ranx equivalents for the villains out there :(

Here are some examples:
    [IMG]
    Ranx Machinery

[IMG]
    Ranx Terminals

[IMG]
    Ranx Energy Pillars

[IMG]
    Ranx Monitor and Ranx Ceiling Terminal

[IMG]
    My absolute favorite, Ranx Engine (animated!) :eek:

[IMG]
    Ranx Ceiling Lights

[IMG]
    Ranx Wiring and Ranx Small Energy Pillar

[IMG]
    Ranx Doorway/Ranx Door

[IMG]
    Ranx Teleporter

[IMG]
    Ranx Containers

[IMG]
    Ranx Wall Lights
  19. Oceans Developer

Have any seasonal window wishes? Those are super fun to make. :)

Also - Hi! One of your resident artists here. I've been lurking the forums for years and was recently finally convinced to get a handle on here. :oops:
    • Like x 5
  20. IamINC Dedicated Player

Yes! How about some views of a sunny beach , winter wonderland , fall forest etc and more that tie in woth the base themes , for example , I have a cave base that is underwater in metropolis and i would love some undersea window views (I use the summer portholes atm)

Even some animated ones with snowfall , falling leaves etc
    • Like x 3